Effortlessly

Effortlessly

A Poem by Dani California

 

 Effortlessly

Words flow from my fingertips,

No form or structure

To my plea,

Only emotions spilling over

In streams of ink once pure.  

 

Effortlessly

You drift through my imagery,

No lust or intent

To my thoughts,

Only curious loving prose

To you with care are sent.

 

Effortlessly

Time casts spells on loneliness,

No pain or despair

Spent while here,

Only beautifully crafted plays

For us to form and share.

 

Effortlessly

This pen moves with direction,

No dark to invite

Penned to see,

Only passionately beating hearts

Keep you in mind and plight.

 

Effortlessly, I write.

© 2008 Dani California


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

really nice, my friend....sometimes that is all it takes, just to pick up a pen and there it is.

Effortlessly
Words flow from my fingertips,
No form or structure
To my plea,
Only emotions spilling over
For all of the world to see.

this says it all...and it is so true.

great job, Dani.

Always,

Amanda oxo



Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awesome Dani,
I can see that you possess an amazing artistic talent. The title says it all. To be able to pick up the pen and write effortlessly is really brillant. I absolutely love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I only write when I feel it's effortless. When it's a chore, something's wrong.

A lovely poem!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Effortlessly

This pen moves with direction,

No dark to enlight

Penned to see,

Only passionately beating hearts

Keep you in mind and plight.



A most beautiful write and enjoyable read

Effortlessly your words speak truth and sheer beauty lies therein~

Exquisite piece of writing here my friend~

Fran Marie




Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, wow, wow! O.o

That was so beautiful! Every word was just amazing, so true. The poem itself flowed effortlessly! I loved the emotion in this! It's truly a fantastic poem, keep up the great work!

♥ Sherrice

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ah, this is wonderful! It's a great reminder that we don't necessarily have to have any sort of intent in order to write, and that, with inspiration, anything is possible! The rhyme scheme is wonderfully creative and you execute it very well, too; I'm impressed! The only critiques I have are that the use of the verb "enlight" in the last stanza (not counting the last line at the end) doesn't really fit the context of what you're saying. The word "enlighten" exists, but I'm assuming that you want to light up the darkness, not enlighten it of, say, a deep philosophical truth. Perhaps something like "no darkenss for to light" or "no dark to relight" or something similar (these are rather weak suggestions, I know, but I'm sure you'll think of something perfect!) Also, you may want to change "beautifully crafted phrase" to "phrases" because that would make more sense grammatically.

Wonderful job on this! It was a joy to read. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The best way to live... effortlessly! This is how I read it. You aren't just talking about writing poetry, but how to live. The more we try to impose expectations and beliefs on what is natural and free, the more energy we we waste on what could be a very peaceful and loving existence. Brilliant, Dani!! It is always refreshing to read your words. Much love to you....

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful write dear! I absolutely loved it! Thanks for sharing, one of my favorites for sure!

Janice Ann

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i read it many times ,i agree with Kristina,each stanza,could be a poem in itself,but i could see there is a nice work here
You drift through my imagery,
To you with care are sent....yes very nice really

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I just wanted to say I thought this was beautiful. I read it over 3 times. It seems to me that each line of each stanza could be another poem in itself...

"No form or structure
No lust or intent
No pain or despair
No dark to enlight
Effortlessly, I write."

You could do that with each line of each stanza and it would be pretty. I chose the 3rd because that is what spoke to my heart. Intentional? Maybe it's just me, doesn't matter. That is the great part about what we do isn't it? Everyone sees something a little different from everyone else...

Have a great day,

Kristina



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is so much about this that i like but the obviuos is in the title. How nice that your words flow with such ease from your pen so eloquantly. You ensnare us with the passion in your words only to be released and caught another day. Thank you for feeding my imagination and heart.

Mr. Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1611 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on July 21, 2008
Last Updated on July 21, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing