Online DIS Honesty

Online DIS Honesty

A Poem by Dani California
"

This happens frequently. Just... be careful.

"

 

 

Conversations sublime

Hours at a time;

Emotions unfold

As lies are told;

Hearts are taken

By thieves who break them;

Believing in strangers

Ignoring the dangers;

Wide open books

Studied by crooks,

Who tell you you’re great

To your soul they relate;

I love you is stated

Though way overrated;

Ready to travel

Minds unravel;

Need to recover

Once you discover,

It was all a cruel game

That drove you insane;

Silently you wept

So hard to accept;

You were merely a toy

In the mind of a boy.

 

 

© 2008 Dani California


Author's Note

Dani California
Reminding everyone of the dangers lurking online. I've fallen prey to lies online in the past myself ... so just be wise, and be careful. I also want to make it clear that I am not stating here that only men are online predators... there are plenty of women who are as well. I just wrote it from a female perspective. But there are no limits to who the young boy could be, either. So my friends, heed that inner voice... the right one! lol

Peace.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Telling this tale was right on time. Raising public awareness...reminding us all that a problem exists.
Great write! Good job, Dani. It's funny, all these reviews...yet I don't see one from a man, although, I have to wonder how many men have read it, but DID NOT respond! Hmmm...

What a great way to make a statement! Very beautifully and poetically written. Nicely done!


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A nice way of giving a warning.

I like the short lines that flowed as you made your points and got the message across.

Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


right on, Dani!! I once fell victim to an online predator... the pain of being victimized and taken advantage of online is as great as being attacked in real life...

it's very nice of you to put those words of wisdom and advice into poetry. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Good call on this Dani
This was an eye opening piece
thanks for reminding those to be careful
in your own creative way

Awsome write!!

Orlando M

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I guess that deep inside all of us is the inborn need to trust and be trusted. We go through life being us, not wanting to live with suspicion or doubt .. then, something awful occurs and it slams the door of kind acceptance or friendship maybe, firmly in our faces. Yes, we need to live cautiously, yes, yes, yes the internet etc. can be abused and used. The real and make believe world can be very cruel. We need to be diligent but, never lose faith in Humankind.

This is a great post, you've highlighted something very, very vital.. sad that it needs to be said.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

In the non-digital world, we have a lifetime's experience of what is risky. Walk near the edge of a cliff or down a dark alley at night and you instinctively know there's danger. Online, it's different. You need to know what is out there before you can be wary of it.

So �well done you for highlighting a subject that needs reiterating from time to time; least we forget the dangers!

Phill(ozofee)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its sad but true. How many people have been torn apart emotionally by some loser?
People open themselves up so trustingly, looking for someone just to take the time to listen and care to their feelings.
I have had friends and loved ones that have fallen into this trap, and it hurts to see the pain that they go through.
Good work

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, sad, but true, people, do play mind games. I worry about the younger generation,
because of the horror stories I have heard. Thank you for this very important reminder.

AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Girl, I had to come back and give you the biggest hug ever for this poem. You nailed it, right on the head. I've been there in the past, myself. And it's amazing how we (men and women) fall for the niceties of words, hook, line and sinker. And it's sad that there are those out there who prey on our emotions.
I love the brevity of this, yet the powerful message applied here. You said it perfectly, with wisdom, clarity and enough drive to slam it in their face. Nicely done, my friend. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great poem! This has happened to me more times than I care to remember... and it's not just men doing it! It definitely sucks because they are ruining it for the ones who are truly honest (yes, they're out there). It got to the point, with me anyway, that I look at it as just words on a screen... constantly looking for "red flags" in the chat, message, whatever... We have made some good online "friends"... and met some losers. You just have to be careful.

Thanks to Angel's Lady for sending this my way. I'm sure I'll check out the rest of your work when I get the chance.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is very disconcerting sometimes, yes. When you put your trust in someone and invest emotional energy into that person, you leave yourself vulnerable on many different levels. It's a shame there are people who are totally dishonest, especially in a predatory and criminal sense. Even basic internet friendships have the potential to disrupt harmony when some people are not honest. I'm sure most of us have encountered such people before. I know I have several times. Excellent write, Dani!! Much love to you.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1615 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 3, 2008
Last Updated on August 3, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain


I Quit I Quit

A Poem by Tania Leigh