Online DIS Honesty

Online DIS Honesty

A Poem by Dani California
"

This happens frequently. Just... be careful.

"

 

 

Conversations sublime

Hours at a time;

Emotions unfold

As lies are told;

Hearts are taken

By thieves who break them;

Believing in strangers

Ignoring the dangers;

Wide open books

Studied by crooks,

Who tell you you’re great

To your soul they relate;

I love you is stated

Though way overrated;

Ready to travel

Minds unravel;

Need to recover

Once you discover,

It was all a cruel game

That drove you insane;

Silently you wept

So hard to accept;

You were merely a toy

In the mind of a boy.

 

 

© 2008 Dani California


Author's Note

Dani California
Reminding everyone of the dangers lurking online. I've fallen prey to lies online in the past myself ... so just be wise, and be careful. I also want to make it clear that I am not stating here that only men are online predators... there are plenty of women who are as well. I just wrote it from a female perspective. But there are no limits to who the young boy could be, either. So my friends, heed that inner voice... the right one! lol

Peace.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Telling this tale was right on time. Raising public awareness...reminding us all that a problem exists.
Great write! Good job, Dani. It's funny, all these reviews...yet I don't see one from a man, although, I have to wonder how many men have read it, but DID NOT respond! Hmmm...

What a great way to make a statement! Very beautifully and poetically written. Nicely done!


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

love the way u take truth and fantasy to make it reality,
such as the state of the world,this is the best of the best ,
i have read from ur heart flow..this is ur path,peace wizthom

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emotions unfold
As lies are told

Who tell you you're great
To your soul they relate

Wow. What a great way you've chosen here to push the envelope, to reveal the heart of this matter, to shove those deceptions in the face of the deceivers! Terrific!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Flow is great. Words definitely understood. This shouldn't be read with basic thought. A lot of metaphor and underlying content exists. Deep.



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Write on, D! This is so true! They are many Lost Lonely "BOYS" out there waiting to take advantage of women and the same applies to women as well. Not all of us are weak, naive and gullible enough to fall for all the nonsense and find it almost entertaining when one comes along trying to play these mind games! I strongly agree, there are lots of online predators and we all need to be cautious with whom we allow into our lives. They are many that mean well, and there's those jokers that has nothing better to do than to vomit lies!

Wonderfully written, D!

Hugs,
T



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

always listen to your intuition... its hard to distinguish, but heart ache will be extinguished!
Unfortuantely way to many people take advantage of being able to hide behind a screen.

this poem flowed immacuately.

great aweareness poem, you never cease to amaze me, and your advice is on the nail

much love n respect

-Lalli

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

As my students would say, "Word Dat".

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow very deep and very true Ty for posting something I been trying to say for years!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

this is so true, Dani....i think that we have all been victim to this in one form or another, i know i have. even on sites as this one, you have those kind of 'young boys'. it is always good to use that inner voice and watch out for the predators out there....

a good write and very good advice, girlfriend. :)

much love and peace to you as well....:))

A

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This poem is fantastic!! I want you to know that these dangers are for all. Men and women alike. When i read this , i thought that maybe you had been looking in my window over reading the online lies that found their way across my screen. The dangers are real but more importantly that you know that my friendship for you is just as real , my California friend. Kudos to you on relaying ,in great style i might add, such an important message.

Mr.Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Right you are. Mostly I have met lovely people online, I have had some jokers but not to the point that we were all set up to meet and to find at that point that they were in a relationship and not so single as I thought they would be.
Well, I have found myself to be chatting with a man who I had seen in the supermarket line one hour before, when exchanging pictures once, that was pretty funny... Apart from that he was just up for a casual chat, not a relationship, so that was nice! But... recently one of my neighbours found out that the one she had been chatting with was a well respected married neighbour living a few houses away...
Now he is not so well respected!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1616 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 3, 2008
Last Updated on August 3, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain