The Meadow

The Meadow

A Poem by Dani California

 

 

Intently, she veers off a path of gloom,

wandering into a meadow, soft hue, full in bloom.

Tossed sporadically, flowers shading tomorrow,

amongst strangling weeds, breeding yesterday’s sorrow;

she picks a flower while wandering through,

its fragrance familiar, a scent fading; you.

A drop of memory falls from her eye, watering soil

with days gone by.

A new path ahead leads to love, new tomorrow;

she sets down the flower, and with it her sorrow;

joyous anticipation accompanies fresh ground;

she glances back at what was, as flowers wither; abound.







2008© Danielle Pierre

© 2012 Dani California


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The feelings I get when I read your writing remind me so much of me and my years of earlier life...remembering..longing to forget, thoughts of the one that got away..and the one foolishly lost..Sad thoughts to late to alter or change..Nice one sweetie..lol and God bless..Kathie

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree with the consensus, a wonderful line with the tear watering the ground. Even the tear is not in vain as it waters the ground for future flowers. You have learned to take in the beauty of the past, acknowledge its pain and gracefully move on. What wonderful instruction for us all. Thanks you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A drop of memory falls from her eye, watering soil

with days gone by. - Wow! what a great imagery...

This is really a wonderfully refreshing piece. I liked the thoughtfulness and honesty in it.
Very rarely do any poem gives a feel of both happiness and sorrow, but your poem did that...
Somewhere I felt that touch of sadness in it but then she continued with her life and you know that's the thing which matters most.
Brilliant work Dani as always! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dani, this is refreshingly bright and colorful, passionate and beautifully
brilliant, you certainly allow the reader to enter into your heart,
the imagery is crafted with truth and design, reading is walking, watching
the environment, how memories whither under the weight of the sun,
a sure favorite to grace my library, thank you, your pen is never ceasing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dani, the poem is one of sadness yet it also has hope.. A flower taking away someones sorrow ..
you have some beautiful images written in this poem .. it was a pleasure to read.

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am touched over and over by your descriptions of emotion through words.
I can 'feel" every word of this piece as I walk along with you in this moving and tender write

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reminded me of laying in a meadow daydreaming on a
late evening. This is a soft poem, that winds and whispers.
Great job D:) AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your feelings are as delicate as the flowers. You have an exceptional way of painting those feelings into a portrait to view. The sorrow is felt and shared and hope abounds displaying plans for a new beginning! A lovely poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoy the drifting quality to this metaphor. The fantasy aspect remains dreamy throughout and I'd love to know what the next voice is that comes through this transition, in her next step. It is as though this poem leaves us at the threshold of renewal. Dani, please give us the rest of her story...:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is awesome in its gentle approach, leaving behind all the sorrow of love lost, it is sad but has its bright side to it, the fact that they are able to move on even though the pain is still in memory, the imagery is great, and I couldn't help but feel the sadness in your voice, your rhyme scheme perfect.
Antony

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

OMG, are you kidding me?????? I think this is nearly one of my favorites of yours. Dani!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!
Ok, sorry bout that, but seriously, this was stunning. Bittersweet, full of such hope. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the analogy of the meadow. It brings forth a soft renewal, a promising sun for a new tomorrow. What a beautiful write. It's going in my favs. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2524 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 25, 2008
Last Updated on March 18, 2012

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain