As I Remember Her, She Forgets...

As I Remember Her, She Forgets...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

If you would only give me your hand, I could let you go. I would not let you go in the sense of having you find your own way, but in my own ideas, I would be giving away myself, letting my soul slip away just to help you find your own path. I’m not sure if it is an action of philanthropy or of sacrifice, but either way I disappear in the end. We would disappear, bodily at least, in the end.

          But, my dear, I must inform you of this: if I am to lead your path of life, so shall it be. I would not resist the temptation to lead such an angelic woman out of her bounds of fear and into the comfort of knowing the path that you walk upon. The horrid side to this fairy tale is that at some point, you would find that I am still who I am, but I would be missing a part of me. You would not be able to place what was missing, not able to figure out what may have been stolen away in the middle of the night.

          You would search every little crevasse of my being, every little detail that you had grown to know, but you will never be able to find the right piece of the puzzle. At that point, I would have dissolved into you; I would have given the last bit of myself to being engraved into your being. The only thing that would be keeping me seemingly normal would be you.

          The answer will elude you until you would read this, but your mere presence will serve as a catalyst for my preservation. But, if you would leave during our time on your trail of life, and God willing you never act upon that, I would cease to be and the remnants of what I am would be carried into you. And forever, I would be lost in the dirt that you walked on.

          My hands will be here to hold and not to painfully lust after your body. My voice will be here to calm you and not to burst out in rage against you. And my soul, that golden chakra, will always be my final gift to you, my little Engel.

 

Daniel Helle, Twentieth of April, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A mature stance of what it is to feel love, accept love and let go of love - free will and the desire to see that person happy even if the sadness of abandonment hurts - it pains us more to suffocate a love that needs to move on to the next part of their journey....without us

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is painfully close to how I feel towards one of my friends. She's older and, what's worse, it's hard to believe someone so beautiful can be so broken. The depressing thing is I have tried to save her when knowing that, in the end, she can only save herself. It's up to her. Well written, friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Some goodbyes can't be forgotten. Certain people can get into our heart and their memory are permanent. I like the story in the words. You can try to figure out why somethings don't work out. Sometime we all we got to hold on to. Is a education to know we must hold on tight and appreciate the gifts of love. A outstanding chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A mature stance of what it is to feel love, accept love and let go of love - free will and the desire to see that person happy even if the sadness of abandonment hurts - it pains us more to suffocate a love that needs to move on to the next part of their journey....without us

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"For him to call his whom is still a part of me, that, I cannot bear. " This sentence doesn't make sense to me. "I hope that she was in hope for forever with me before I hoped for her." That sentence is poetic, but "in hope forever" doesn't make sense to me "more than I could have ever expressed to her(,) and more than she could’ve ever had known."

This was beautifully written, almost poetic.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This touches my heart and soul deeply.. When love takes hold it can never be easily discarded or forgotten. You've penned these emotions perfectly here..x

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This handwriting font for one is very pretty! Two, I felt many emotions all at once when reading your wording which is excellent!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

611 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: love, lost


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..