This Little Thing of Love...

This Little Thing of Love...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

At nearly every turn of my head, I seem to see love in the most peculiar of places. What I mean by places are two people with each other…in a peculiar manner. Peculiar, meaning in this context, are two people that I would not consider…well, a good match. They would be a poor match at the best, in my opinion. The two of them seem like a rather odd pair that makes me cringe every time that I look at their names on the same piece of parchment.

          I do not doubt that two individuals can bridge love between their bodies and minds; this notion has been demonstrated all throughout the span of history, at least recorded history. What seems odd are certain people that have…less than admirable qualities at best, to put the phrasing lightly. In other words, these people are either pig-headed b******s or scandalous broads. If ever under my judgment, these kinds of people would never be allowed to reproduce. I find them to be scum; not the kind of scum that you try cleaning up…the kind of scum that requires you to vomit in the most violent manner every single time that you even think about glancing at the being.

          If their existence is not a crime, the existence of these people should be just that. And the greatest crime, in my opinion, is that of not understanding what this delicate little thing that we call love is. Their lips meet not in a pure silence, their bodies clench to each other not in a heat of passion, and their love meet not in the depths of the human spirit. Such a lack of understanding deems these putrid beings not even worthy of being spat upon by a homeless beggar. I am not sorry about my views of these people; I resort not to an apologetic nature to people that cannot understand such a deep emotion. They cannot handle it with care and do not act in the way that real love forces people to act.

          This act of love would be called one of obsession by some; the way of never letting your lover go, no matter how far away they are in the physical sense or in the emotional sense. I, along with many others, do not call this an obsession; we know that such a thing can be love. It is not always that, but if the feeling is benevolent enough, it is love…love in its purest form: heart-full.

 

Daniel Helle, Twenty-fifth of April, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very strong and interesting chapter. The emotion of love. I learn with old age to understand love is a permanent gift. Love is held for our children and grandchild without thought. Hardest love to find and maintain is two people. For two people to survive many years together. Both must be flexible. I like this chapter. Open the doors to many questions. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pretentious. Arrogant. Spiteful. I imgagine that's what you're aiming for.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful. No grammatical mistakes that I saw and it was just perfect. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When you see and know someones heart in unconditional love..it lasts a lifetime.. Great write..:) x

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, what couples have you met like this??

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well I've read up until here without a review. So here it is: I like it a lot. I really wish you'd keep going and at the rate you're pumping out these chapters I assume you are, so let me know when the next chapter is up. Thanks for sharing.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: love, hate, despise


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha