Remember Me...

Remember Me...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

Her voice still resonates deep in my head. She is these in a sense that still, to this day, I can’t forget. The little bits and pieces of me that she left behind from when she was here cannot be placed back together again…they hall have changed too much. From my perspective, when a person will say that I do not know or understand what love is, I must look into their eyes and see if they have felt the same that I have…and often times, they have not had that feeling. In the face of enough irony, they force me to away. If they do not know what I have felt, then they have not a reason to say even a single word to me. And so, I will walk on, and along my path I will walk to both remember her, and to find someone else to remember.

          With her memories still embedded underneath my skin, I claw at the scars, trying to rip out those symbols of pain. I want to forget her…I want to know her not. But at the exact same time, I do want to remember her. How I dearly want to remember her embrace, the romantic coldness of her hands, the feel of my hands on her hips as we would dance, the feel of her lips as they would so elegantly press up against mine…and I can still remember that sincerity that she had in her eyes. And at one point, that sincerity, that precious glint of love in her eyes was gone; that was when we fell away from each other.

          I will find love again, but even though I am young, I will never forget her.

 

Daniel Helle, Third of May, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your words are true. True love leave permanent scars. Just education to make us wiser and smarter if we are lucky. A enjoyed this chapter. Some good wisdom in your words. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really poignant, I can relate to this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh how I can relate to this.. the residual lingering of a love that has passed on and left us alone.. the pain and anguish.. the need to love again. Excellent write, Luke.

Posted 12 Years Ago


There are some loves that never leave our hearts or our body's energy. Great write Luke..x

Posted 12 Years Ago


Powerfully intriguing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

776 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: separation, love, losing


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear "it" Dear "it"

A Poem by typingaway