Only For The Stage...

Only For The Stage...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

Let this show called life reach its calm soliloquy. I have had enough of these little battles within the plot line; they are starting to wear down the fabric that holds my mind together. I am just far too unstable to take some of these trials and too old to take far jumps. It is a difficult situation when I do become involved in such troubles, as I find these sorts of things are difficult to rid. The orchestra draws its bows and the conductor prepares his music. At that point, I cannot frown upon the play. The plot has decided to start running and I cannot stop it.

          I have become used to the lights and the façade of the play, as if it were a second skin. But this notion, I hate. It is the reality of life and I cannot escape it. The mask of it starts to hurt so quickly now. I am not even twenty minutes into the play before my face will start to sweat with anger. Tears will always try to find their way through that mask, as will of the emotions. But I allow them not to do so. I will just do as I always do, and that is to act. To act about my ‘happiness’…to act about what I truly want to say, and to act with the mask of love, at least in this part of my life for the most recent acting tantrum.

          The only danger I have found is that of becoming your role. If that were to happen, I cannot imagine what a hell that would be. I would have lost myself, and that is the worst loss to take.

 

Daniel Helle, May Twelfth, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Tears will always try to find their way through that mask, as will of the emotions." That sentence was kind of confusing. It sounds like the emotions will leak through as well rather than it's the will of the emotions that the tears come falling.

As always, this was beautifully written. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great piece of literature. The representation of the simple statement: "Hypocrisy is a necessity of civilization."

Posted 12 Years Ago


Once you find the role most becoming to you, it will be a small matter to become it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: act, my dear


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha