Please...

Please...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

All that I want from you, Engel, are the few words that I wanted to say. I just wanted to say them and have that one bit of solace that I have been searching for. Please, don’t deny me of that…

          I know that I ask much more of you; I want to travel the world with you, to give you the gift of seeing the whole of humanity, its wonders, its accomplishments, the beauty its created, the fantasies they’ve made…I want to give you the gift of seeing that all. I thought, who else better to travel the world with? That was before you started giving away the things that forged the connection on my part. Our belief in the supernatural…how we managed to channel the spirits that we sensed…how we saw the same things; you are like no one else. That’s why I wanted to be around you so much; because you were different. There is no one else like you that I know of. Why would you abandon the things that made our friendship? You called me your Guardian…why am I no longer that? And you say you no longer want to be my Engel…that breaks my heart…please…just listen…

          I have screamed in terror because I have realized what the world is. This world is cruel, vicious, vengeful, and unforgiving. The people that walk it are even worse. So, it caused me to do the only thing that seems ration in such situations; to have a death grip on everything that I know of. That is why I obsess; because I don’t want to lose. I hate the thought of loss…I cannot cope with it. I have stared into the void and now I am afraid that it has started to stare back at me. There is no controlling instinct…there is no way to tame the wild of my mind. This is the truth…

          In my mind, I am a god. I have seen the edges of humanity and the horrors it has committed. But, I have also seen the compassion they are capable of. The hate, most of the time, consumes the compassion; but I will for the compassion to burst through, even for one second. That is why I stay in my heaven, willing that I will see that compassion. And all I ask of you is please…

 

Daniel Helle, First of June, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The piece came together in the last paragraph when you wrote "in my mind, i am god"; as if you desire to be divine to this person you are reaching out to; you want to continue holding the title of guardian angel while the person has gained strength through you; has become more whole and would like to carry on in their own strength developed, ironically your divine strength is only fed as long as the other depends on you.

A very emotional piece.



Posted 12 Years Ago


Always something to be learn in your poetry and story. I like the way you wrote this chapter.
"This world is cruel, vicious, vengeful, and unforgiving. The people that walk it are even worse."
The sad part is. 95% of people in this world are good and fair. We hear only of the hard and cold people. Thank you for a excellent chapter. Made me think tonight.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


A tight knit story with well placed plot points, well done, great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


good work, beware the obsessive mind...

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"And all I ask of you is please"..perfect ending to this.. I love it..x

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 2, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: loss, love, angel


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..