To Burn...

To Burn...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

I have lost the ability to care at the moment. Even if the world were ending right this second, I would still keep writing. I would be left alone to my own demise and willingly accept this end. If so, this would be the way it should be, with the fires of the end to consume this composite world; for it to die by the hand of the mother they had forgotten about. And that death of this world would be so beautiful…just like Nero watching Rome burn, while playing his lyre. To watch the cities fall into the seas…to watch their homes fall apart, and to watch their ivory towers burn down to the back of the workers that they built their bases on. The fires would just be so beautiful…now, what can that attitude say about my character?

          To see the beauty in destruction…or to know that destruction is a form of creation. The end is merely a new beginning…a new start. A chance to rise from the ashes and start over…and maybe, in all of this hate and loss, I will learn…

 

“Stones taught me to fly,

love, it taught me to lie.

Life taught me to die…

so it’s not hard to fall

when you float like a cannonball…”

 

Daniel Helle, First of June, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Even if the world were ending right this second, I would still keep writing." That line puts me in the mind of Isaac Asimov. "If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."

Your writing is getting very philosophical. I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the logic of this chapter.
“Stones taught me to fly,
love, it taught me to lie.
Life taught me to die…
so it’s not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball…”
Thank you for the strong chapter. A excellent logic on life.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice writing Luke, visually stunning...

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow amazing write!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

520 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: destruction, death, end, hate


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lock Me Up Lock Me Up

A Poem by London


Set Me Free Set Me Free

A Poem by London