Behind a meaningful Christmas

Behind a meaningful Christmas

A Story by Racy Daniel
"

This is the way how I think about Christmas.

"

“What does Christmas demand from us?” This could be the most difficult question as well as the most challenging question to every single Christian. Or someone else can ask, is this a question? Yes, this is a question for all those who really want to celebrate Christmas how Christmas is supposed to be celebrated. Here we find the real meaning of Christmas. There isn’t any word by which the meaning of Christmas can be defined completely. Moreover it’s a matter of preparing one’s heart in a spiritual way. A very important message of a Christmas is found in the story of “The Gift of the Magi”. Where both Jim and Della sacrificed their very important things for the sake of one another. The inner meaning of Christmas is hidden in sacrifice, sharing and forgiveness. It’s more often for us that in the preparation of Christmas we decorate our house; we clean all dust from our house and colorize our furniture and walls. We buy very expensive and gorgeous dresses, eat delicious foods and join in concerts and carols and spend a vast amount of money for our personal demands. All these are the external preparation for Christmas. I do believe we all are very much faithful about these external preparation. But how about our internal preparation? To us maybe internal preparation is not important but to Jesus it is very much important. The internal preparation includes- forgiveness and reconciliation with neighbors and enemies, sharing our joys and sorrows, helping the poor and loving the unloved. All these internal things don’t cost any money rather it just wants our openness and generosity to others. Living in this modern era it is very much tough to give our ear to Jesus. As all the time we are engaged with modern things that really lessens our devotion to religion, respect to elders, and obedience to our parents. It is true but quite bad that day by day we are becoming more individualistic. In the near future we will find verity of human characteristic in us. There were lots of good practices placed in us. One very much important thing is praying the rosary in the evening in every family. Nowadays it is more often just a history because T.V watching has taken place over it.

Now Christ does not come the way He came 2013 years ago but he comes in our hearts as a kind of good inspiration that leads us to work for others. Christmas can only be meaningful from that day when we’ll try to do everything differently with a positive mind.        

© 2013 Racy Daniel


Author's Note

Racy Daniel
I would be very much happy if anyone reads my article and gives me some feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
I like the messages this piece of writing is giving me. So much is invested in our minds and hearts to Christmas and then we let it be trivialised and commercialised, there is more to it than that. Keep writing, I want to see more please.

Thank you

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Added on December 28, 2013
Last Updated on December 28, 2013
Tags: Christmas, Jim & Della, The gift of Magi

Author

Racy Daniel
Racy Daniel

Dhaka, Christian, Bangladesh



About
Certificate: Test results What's Your Inner Color? For 29 % you are: Your inner color is PURPLE. You are a truly unique individual who marches to the beat of a different drum. You don’t .. more..

Writing