Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by McKinleyA
"

Inspired by Max Richter's "Kierling/Doubt".

"
Everything lit up in green and red. Constantly changing between the two colors, it was like watching a Christmas lightshow. This was not his apartment, but someone's house. He had no idea where he was, or how he had gotten here. Denny looked around for a door, but could not find one. He turned around, and saw a young, blonde man of about 21-years-old. He was staring at the apparent source of the lightshow. It was a book. Shining like a light bulb, and hovering in the air like a spider hanging from an invisible string of web. The blonde man stood mesmerized by it, seeming to ponder it’s existence, what it could mean to this world, this life. He reached out slowly, fingers extended towards it. He pressed his hands against the cover, then everything went white. When the explosion of light faded, the blonde man had been replaced by the old man with the eyes of green. He stood, eyes sunken, face drooped in an impossible, disturbing way.  Like it was had melted, then hardened into flesh again. His expression was one of despair, one that longed for release from some cruel fate. Denny stepped back disgusted, then turned around again. Then he saw himself, reaching towards another, or possibly the same, floating book. Denny yelled at himself to run, and leave it alone. But himself had already touched the book, and the white light exploded like it had a moment ago.


© 2012 McKinleyA


Author's Note

McKinleyA
This is a dream sequence, which I meant to convey by the italic font, but I wasn't sure if that was very clear lol. Any tips or helpful criticism more than appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on January 12, 2012
Last Updated on February 10, 2012
Tags: dream, surreal, light, lights, green, red, old, man, book, christmas


Author

McKinleyA
McKinleyA

Etowah, TN



Writing
Last Call Last Call

A Story by McKinleyA