Creeping Death

Creeping Death

A Story by Daniel Grant
"

Just an introduction to a story i wrote a few years back :) let me know if you think i should continue it please :) Enjoy

"

Creeping Death


‘’Hello… Anybody there!?’’ as James regained consciousness he was welcomed with nothing but darkness and the foul stench of death. He began to cough and splutter violently as his senses gathered and the overpowering smell of death and excrement grabbed is nasal passages.  As James scrambled around panicking and confused trying to at least get an idea of where he has ended up, he suddenly realised that there was a thick blood surrounding him, he knew what it was straight away. Now in a state of sheer panic James began to scramble around desperately trying to get a sense of where he was.


‘’Help!!’’  James’ throat was now in excruciating pain from screaming hoping that someone would hear him. His arms and legs were bruised from slipping and falling in the foul liquid and the smell was now choking James as if the very smell itself had hands around his neck. ‘’Where am?!! Let me outta here!!’’ as James slid around in the blood and body parts he reached a wall, cold and damp tiling. He clutched at it in fear, scratching his nails down the broken tiles and concrete cutting his fingers and crying out in extreme pain. He was now kicking insanely at the wall smashing the tiles off with his toes now cracked and slashed.


The pain was now unbearable and James broke down in tears from the sheer fear and pain ‘’please someone help me!!’’ he screamed but still his screams were only met by silence. As his mind descended in to turmoil and the dark realms of fear he began to whimper to himself as he broke down from the thought of never seeing the light of day again. His body now exhausted from the strenuous kicking and punching, James was a broken shell of a man with no recollection of how or why he has been put in this place. James’ soul was now crushed as his mind entered total despair he could not bare the pain anymore as he took up the foetal position and cried helplessly to himself.

As James let his mind and body descend in to a trance like state of exhaustion, he begins to let his mind switch off just hoping that this is all just a bad dream and he will wake up. The sound of grinding metal could be heard from beyond the walls of his confinement waking him out of his trance was this just his mind playing a cruel trick on him and tormenting him further. The sound grew louder as James adjusted his ears to the sound, as his ears registered the sound in more detail James realised that the sound he was hearing was the sound of doors slamming and clanking. As he tried to scramble to his feet his body was unable to move because of the exhaustion and his body was engulfed in pain, he managed to pry his eyes open slowly adjusting to the pitch black dark and the slight shimmer of light across the blood on the floor. His eyes felt like lead and he couldn’t bear to keep them open, as he heard the sound of the loud metal smashing as the doors shut getting closer and closer he tried to move his body towards the sound however he was unable to move and was bound by the crippling pain in his arms and legs.      


As he strained his eyes focusing straight ahead on where the noise was coming from suddenly the darkness was pierced by a bright blinding light, James’ eyes were burned by the light and he was unable to focus, his vision was blurred and impaired. In his confusion James heard the sound of footsteps scraping towards the door in front of him. In a quick jolt of energy his senses quickly reawakened to the sound of the footsteps and then to his horror a dark silhouette of a figure appeared in the doorway, James’ eyes instantly beamed towards the figure wondering if it was real or just James’ imagination, was he alive or dead, but then the dark figure spoke, his voice cracked and deep in tone ‘’Hello James, I imagine you’re wondering where you are’’ in a quick flash of anger James stuttered the words ‘’who are you!’’ ‘’Oooh now, now James anger will not do, your answers will be revealed soon enough. Bye bye James’’. Then after that final word the figure slammed the huge steel door shut and James once again was plunged into the darkness sending him into an insane burst of fear and anger ‘’No!!! You b*****d!!! Please!!’’ James stretched his arms towards the door begging for release, draining all energy from himself crying in agony ‘’please let me out...Please!!!’’.


Then suddenly James was plunged into another hell as the room of his confinement was invaded by blinding light from every direction as the room was illuminated by bright blinding tube lights. The sound of heavy buzzing and electricity deafened James as he screamed in pain as his eyes were burned by the light reflected by the very room itself, everywhere he looked there was only light to torture him and the sound of the electricity coursing through the lights pierced his ears sending him in to a frenzy of confusion and disarray, his vision blurred and unfocused he slithered around in the bloody mess on the floor. He clenched his eyes shut trying to focus as he opened them again. Has he panicked more, his heart raced faster and faster, unable to catch his breath he began to cough and splutter in his panic and then he collapsed to floor in a tired crash.

As James awoke from his brief slumber he slowly cracked his eyes open only to be welcomed by the piercing light once again. His eyes adjusted quicker this time only briefly causing pain. As James slowly rose up to his knees he looked around the room where he lay, the colour red surrounded him as the floor was completely engulfed in blood in a thick mixture as he turned around to face the back of the room he was welcomed by the sight of two mutilated bodies. Immediately James was sent into shock as he reeled back in horror coughing and spluttering. Each movement he made was made in slurry of blood and body parts, as James looked around the walls of what appeared to be a disused kitchen or storage area, the walls were bright white but dirtied with blood and damp from the old leaking, rusted pipes above. As James sat against a smashed wall he remembered the figure that stood before him and quickly became angered and enraged he screamed ‘’Where are you, you sick f**k, why am I here uh’’ James screamed repeatedly hoping for an answer but all of his cries were in vain. James’ nightmare had only just begun...

© 2013 Daniel Grant


Author's Note

Daniel Grant
all criticisms are welcome, let me know what you think please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is rather good. The only thing I noticed is repeating words. Find differnet ways to describe the gross gory mess he's in or the blood and bodies. More detail please! Do continue and let me know if you decide to

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Grant

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your review and i shall try and work on that, i hope i have improved since writing thi.. read more
this is very intersting you captured my attention from begining to end id love to read more please continue with the story XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Grant

11 Years Ago

wow thank you :) i shall continue the story when i have alot of spare time and i can really knuckle .. read more
dunnia

11 Years Ago

Ill be waiting :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013
Tags: Death, pain, fear, terror, darkness, blood

Author

Daniel Grant
Daniel Grant

Newcastle, Tynemouth, United Kingdom



About
I am Daniel 19 years old from Newcastle, I have had a up and down life over the years, alcoholic father, bullied constantly and over recent years a lot of heartache, and for all of this it has given m.. more..

Writing
Soldier Soldier

A Poem by Daniel Grant