Chapter 2 - Your dead grandma?!

Chapter 2 - Your dead grandma?!

A Chapter by Daniela Jamiso
"

I felt like updating another chapter :) I might write up some poems or whatever if I feel like it. Review down below... Thanks :)

"

Chapter 2 - Your dead grandma?!


I swung my head around and saw Elisa standing by the door, her cheeks flushed and red. She looked like she had been running around a lot.

"Elisa!” 

"Who are you?" She asked curiously, raising her eyebrows at my saucepan. 

"I'm your grandma! Remember me? Last time you saw me my hair was black and I had a tan, but due to this awful English weather, I lost my tan and my black hair got boring. They didn’t use to have no many hair dye colours to pick from!" she sounded like a teenager younger than Elisa. 

What?! Grandma? Is she mad? I thought, my heart racing as I started pacing round the miniature, claustrophobic room. Smells of dust and something rotting met my nose so I slumped down on the sofa, eager to get away from the disgusting smells.

"What?!" I shrieked, as I was so slow that It didn’t hit me that pale-girl said she was Elisa’s grandma. "You're way too young to be a grandma!"

As if that was the problem. She’d be a ghost and all that spiritual crap. I don’t believe any of it. (Author’s Note: Sorry for any offence caused about the above ^^^)

"Here we go again ..." Elisa groaned, gesturing to me. I raised my eyebrows as if I was highly offended, when I didn’t actually care.

"Elisa, you can explain it. He won’t believe me. He’ll only believe you and even then only just,” Elisa’s so-called Grandma muttered to Elisa. I scoffed. Who does she think she is? Mind reader? Future predictor? Not another of those fake weird woman who tell you about meeting a mysterious stranger.

"Alright, I’ll make it quick," she directed to her “grandma”. Then she turned to me. "I know this might seem really weird, but this is my grandma, who died giving birth to my mom at the age of sixteen."

"Ha! I knew she was young! Wait! What?" I kept shrieking, my voice so high and shrill I must’ve sounded like a girl. I flushed in embarrassment and looked down to my black converses.

"Yet her soul never rested, even when she was dead. So now she’s like us. Human or not? Alive or not? They’re both questions but we don’t have answers. She doesn’t travel through walls, but she transports like a ghost. No-one can see her or hear her except people she lets do this. On her grave is inscribed, though no-one asked for it to be: Her soul will fade away, until she is overtaken,” Elisa gabbled, slipping between the breathtaking facts almost without drawing a breath.

"Wait, what do you mean by her soul will fade away, until she is overtaken?" I questioned, my voice sounding a little odd and curious.

"Yeah, that's the part we don't understand..." Elisa got a bit quieter as she mumbled this.

"Call me Jenna, David. I wanted to call Elisa’s mother that, but I never got the chance," 'Jenna' ordered, smiling sadly. Her blond hair was down past her shoulders and her clothes weren't anything out of style. Just a checked shirt and some skinny jeans with brown boots. Normal clothing for a 16-year-old on the outside and a grandma on the inside.

"This is all just too weird for me. Sorry, Elisa. Great meeting you E-" I stopped mid sentence and then corrected myself, "Jenna." I reached out to shake her hand but she just stood there and stared into space. It was extremely creepy and gave me more reason to leave at once.

"David, don't go!" Elisa shouted after I flung open the window and climbed out, since I didn't have any keys. I still don't know who closed it... Jenna probably has telepathic skills too! Yeah right.

I turned around and saw Elisa falling onto the couch, as if everything was hopeless. I felt awful then, but turned around and kept walking onto the emerald-coloured grass.

"Why me?" I screamed at the inky velvet sky. A couple with a dog on the street looked at me as if I was crazy. "Why? Why me?" 

I screamed for another five minutes until I took a deep breath, in and out, and walked back over to the window.

"He seemed like a nice boy, Elisa.. do you like him?" Jenna said, just as I was going to climb in. Instead I stayed outside and listened to their conversation.

They were both sitting on the couch, feet up on the coffee table.

"I used to. He's shouts too much now. I'm sorry, Jenna, I really thought he could help. I just..." Elisa got cut off.

"It's not your fault. Who does he think he is, raising a saucepan - a saucepan! - to the Queen of Karate? Like, Professor of Judo or something?" Jenna laughed, doing karate motions with her hands. 

Elisa giggled.

"Guess he doesn't read the news. And on your death-day too! Gosh, jerk!" Elisa giggled, shaking her head an tutting.

"Honey, it's my second birthday. It's not a death-day since I'm still alive!" She waved her hand in front of Elisa's face, laughing, as if Elisa was daydreaming and Jenna needed to wake her. 

"Jenna, I hate think what the inscription means. What does it mean? I know you know.”

"Elisa, honey, General told me what it means. I will fade away, until I am just a shadow that can land into anyone. Yet that shadow isn't going to be me. It's going to be evil," The look in her eye darkened. "Remember Henry from last year?"

"Yeah."

Her voice was quiet and dull, with no emotion, ditto with her face.

"He set it up, with his wife. He kidnapped her and they had a child then..." She started saying part of the story, "well, you know the story, don't you?"

"I don't!" I demanded, blowing my cover completely. 

Both their heads turned around and they gasped when they saw me. Elisa realised I heard all of that and she blushed from what I heard at the beginning.

"Did you hear all of that?" Jenna asked me.

"Every syllable."

"That's just great! Now he know's, so he's gonna have to help!"Jenna said.

"It's not my fault!" Elisa answered, looking offended.

"I never said it was!" Jenna snapped, looking away from both of us. She got up and walked to the corner.

I climbed in and was about to say something when I got interrupted for the third time today.

"You two will help me live. Do anything you can, please!" The girl dropped to her knees and tears flooded her cheeks. "Please!" 

And with that, somehow I fainted.



***



"Dylan! DYLAN! Wake up! Do you think he's gonna be okay?" I heard a loud and extremely annoying voice. Smooth, warm hands forced my eyelids open and muddy hazel eyes stared at me.

"Great, you're up!" she grinned, jumping up and down from her peculiar excitement. I lifted my head and blurriness overtook my vision.

"So that was all a dream..." I started saying my question, but stopped abruptly when I looked around the room and my eyes landed on Jenna sitting on a chair, weaving a fiery red-orange pattern with swirls of gold and maroon on a scarf.. She may look sixteen, but on the inside she really is a grandma.

I figured the room was the garage since it was quite dark and the garage has bad lighting. I blinked, trying to see if anyone else was in the room. I figured Sam had left after I stormed out but I didn't want any other suprise-dead-relatives-of-my-friends.

"I heard that," Jenna said, tilting her head to the side.

I put a confused look on my face and looked at Elisa.

"She learnt how to mind-read over winter break," She explained, grinning at her Grandma.

There was a knock on the door.

"David, here's your dinner-" My mom paused at the doorway.

"Elisa?" She cried out, her own pale blue eyes staring at Jenna. "You were dead a long time ago, what are you doing here?



© 2013 Daniela Jamiso


Author's Note

Daniela Jamiso
Let me know if you spot grammar problems or any spelling issues that I will gladly sort. Also, please give me opinions on this. It's not an easy plot to write and feedback will help me improve it which is better for both me and you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013


Author

Daniela Jamiso
Daniela Jamiso

London, United Kingdom



About
Hey, I'm Daniela, I'm 16 and nobody cares ♡ thanks guys ♡ im obsessed with writing, tumblr, facebook, twitter and instagram.. oh and my latin and PRS homework duhhh ..... I joke a lot d.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Daniela Jamiso