On The Way Home

On The Way Home

A Story by Daniel James Cardis
"

Too walk home is simple for many, but it is different things to different people, a walk to de-stress, a walk to pick up dinner, a scenic walk, a walk to a friend, a walk to get home before...

"
It had rained all day, dark grey clouds loomed heavily overhead the dismal world existing below itself. The rain had begun lightly, it was seen as a passing shower no one had thought twice about, not with any seriousness or importance.
Yet towards the end of this day when all in the world was dark except the shining lights of distant street lamps dotted about the city in what could be view as a random pattern, but of course was not. It was as simple as the rain had triumphed, dominating every part of the United Kingdom. The people of England had...or were giving up any hope of seeing the better side of this day. Every citizen was in the same wet, rainy boat.
Misery loves company.
British people are strong however, having lived and existed in England, the wettest of the wet, the English have become accustomed to this harsh, changing weather. When the sky turned, stubbornly looking as it currently did, with wind and fury, rain crying from the skies, the British... simply carried on.
K.B.O was the phrase Winston Churchill used, Keep Buggering On, a phrase every British person should know, remember and appreciate. Everyone trudged on defiantly, through the fierce force of slapping wind with stark cold rain splattering as bullets.
Many people were heading home, tired from long working days, some had computer screens to stare at, some had smiles to maintain while others had paper work to print and send, whatever it was from worker to worker, they were all at the end of their days, hoping for a calm walk home from work, however only the rushed, panic-stricken walk was available, finishing work doesn't finish your day, unfortunately it's not that simple.

© 2015 Daniel James Cardis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015
Tags: rain, wet, weather, working, home, drained

Author

Daniel James Cardis
Daniel James Cardis

Bristol, United Kingdom



About
Observing, analysing and imagining the world around me, has always been a long standing past time as well as a hobby of mine. Having studied psychology, communication and behaviour, my mind is skille.. more..

Writing