Snow in May

Snow in May

A Story by Danny

Have you ever seen a snow in May? - she asked me.

Hills full of aleurites, beautiful white flowers, white as a snow. Have you seen something so beautiful? - she asked me that with tears in her eyes.


I could see that I hurt her. My damned curiosity hurt her. It crushed her. She shaked so much like she was sick, like she endures so much pain. You could see that pain was killing her.

Why I had to ask that question. One small question was enough to hurt her. I managed to ruin all that I have built , I destroyed everything I had valuable in my life with just one question. Why are people so curious? Why they want to know everything about everyone, to know every secret. They can't stand that something is perfect because perfect is boring. They have a need to ruin everything what is fine. That feeling you get after you destroy someone's trust in you, when you destroy the bond that connects you, is just painful. You wish that you can turn back the time, to take back those words but you can't. It's unchangeable. You can't turn back the time. All that you are left for is just consequences of your acts, for which you must bear the cross. Cross that will always remind you how much you can hurt someone, how evil you can be. But no matter how much you want to repent you will realize that you are the only one to blame and that she's gone.


Her question still flows through my mind: "Have you ever seen the snow in May?"

I couldn't answer. She was already gone.

© 2014 Danny


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on October 9, 2014
Last Updated on October 9, 2014
Tags: love, broken heart, relationship, life, short story

Author

Danny
Danny

Stolac, Bosnia and Herzegovina



About
Hi, I'm Daniel. I'm 25 and I'm studying English language and literature at local university. I love reading. Recently I started writing poetry. That's all about me! :) more..

Writing
Warm my heart Warm my heart

A Poem by Danny


Guilt Guilt

A Poem by Danny


Dark wind Dark wind

A Poem by Danny