Dreaming in Autumn

Dreaming in Autumn

A Story by DannyLynne Riley
"

Journal entry August 30,2010

"

The Summers end is once again upon us. This is my favorite time of year when you can close your eyes and actually feel the seasons shift. It's magical and few things in this life can compare. The other night I had a dream so vivid in color and depth...the fog rolled down the street and settled low to the ground like an angelic blanket, its moisture droplets like tears, glistening on the Autumn leaves. As I danced along the walkway those crystal droplets of dew somehow transformed into Christmas tree lights. It was absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...real or imagined. I knew it was only a dream but it came from somewhere...somewhere inside the depth's of my consciousness... It wasnt heaven and it wasnt earth. I was a space caught somewhere in between. Pieces of dreams and pieces of reality. A place where both could exist simultaniously. And the colors so vivid I can not desribe them it was like all the colors of fall everywhere all at once and I thought if Autumn were a color it would look like this.

 It's always been like this for me. Somehow I have managed the ability to still see the magic in life. That child like ability has never left me. It hasn't been repressed...buried under years of hard life experiences, it didnt drown in a bottle of pills and alcohol. It wasnt stabbed to death with a syringe. It is perhaps my greatest gift and I never feel it with such intensity as I do in the Autumn.

What is it about this season that even the light is different?? I don't have all the answers and maybe I'm not suppose to...maybe thats what keeps it so magical. I only know that something inside me wakes up when the leaves begin to fall and no other season holds for me such inspiration and beauty.

DannyLynne

August 30, 2010

© 2013 DannyLynne Riley


Author's Note

DannyLynne Riley
I know there are probly tuns of mispelled words and gramatical errors and for that I apologize I will edit soon but I wanted to go ahead and post sometimes the words just come out of nowhere this was such an experience -DannyLynne

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
I like the positive negative affect, How you love the autumn and how it renews your spirit!! There is something to be said about the regenerations of the seasons. I to feel refreshed with new clean air and warm rain beginning to change into a colder rain. Your essay has enlighten me to take the time to look at the leaves turn colors. To smell the air and take a deep breath. Im am also happy to see that bad times did not break you. Thanks for cheering my day up.!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Something can be simply magical even if it is just you alone who sees it as such. Enjoy and remember those moments. I like it despite its few errors It did not stop the magic.
Very nice read

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is full of wonderful imagery and its fantastically well written. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like how you said it straight from your heart. We get pulled in and feel the same feeling you feel as soon as you write it down. This sort of thing is magical writing, what you remember it should be like as a finished product. Or at least that sense of reading something fantastic. Only stuff written from the heart is so powerful to other minds.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
I like the positive negative affect, How you love the autumn and how it renews your spirit!! There is something to be said about the regenerations of the seasons. I to feel refreshed with new clean air and warm rain beginning to change into a colder rain. Your essay has enlighten me to take the time to look at the leaves turn colors. To smell the air and take a deep breath. Im am also happy to see that bad times did not break you. Thanks for cheering my day up.!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

632 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 12, 2013

Author

DannyLynne Riley
DannyLynne Riley

Eugene, OR



About
I was born in Springfield Oregon...but grew up in the Southern regions of the country. At age 15 I entered into a world of prostitution and heroin addiction that nearly claimed my life. Through it .. more..

Writing