Days in Cobalt and Emerald

Days in Cobalt and Emerald

A Story by DannyLynne Riley

The days are all broken now…like fragments of a lovely vase in emerald and cobalt, that slipped through her fingers, to shatter upon this harsh concrete slab of struggle and reality. And still the heart would not let go, fueled by this delegation of scorn to stalk  and covet each scattered  bend of day  …Those  mornings in cobalt and long emerald afternoons…   are now only fragments of a forgotten whole…and no amount of glue or fusing can restore them to their rightful order…Reality. They will never again be anything more than colorful pieces in the bright hues of a dream or hidden shards in the crevice of a tattered memory, and now her only sight of things to come are days with empty spaces so vast she can not fathom. Like a universe inside of this broken and defeated girl crouched upon the slab. She might have given up then…she might have  She begins to scoop the pieces of day with fingers nicked and tear stained hands and forms them over once again into the beautiful vase of a new day…with added elements of depth  and crimson…she realizes the broken days of before are now the colorful foundations of all her tomorrows.

© 2011 DannyLynne Riley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
Very haunting, sadness of what we all call reality and it can suck sometimes!!
Beautifully wrote and I was pleasantly surprised that in the end , there was a new reality with a new hope. As always baby you have wrote a great piece with taunting words and left us with something to think about. Great job , Your boo Love Ron

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Seemed like a bridge was burned and then rebuilt. I'm glad she can see the colorful foundations of her days to come. Wonderful poem!



Posted 13 Years Ago


Kaleidoscopic art.
DannyLynne, I would rather not experience awe at another writer's work. Kindly lower your quality-level, substantially.
Thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


She realizes teh broken days of before are now the colorful foundations of all her tomorrows... absolutetly beautiful..xxx I enjoy it as a whole but that brought it home for me.. xx Great write..xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am completely blown away by your poetic language, metaphors, the deep meaning behind the vase.. I think most of our days are like this. Some days everything goes along smoothly.. no smashed "vase", then other days we may smash ten of them.. do we put them all back together and wait for another day or do we just leave them shattered and broken? I was glad to see that your character had enough strength to rebuild her vase.. maybe not to its perfection, but in her own manner for her tomorrows. Beautiful, just pure brilliance.. a story well told in such a short piece. I love this kind of writing, it really makes you focus on what's important. Definitely favorited.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A melancholy masterpiece D.L.
I enjoyed this very much, beautiful
writing....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:0 this is really really descriptive. It's got maaadd metaphors and a crazy deep meaning.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is vivid in metaphor. The sorrows in our pasts can strengthen us when we are ready to reform our being. I love this verse:

"They will never again be anything more than colorful pieces in the bright hues of a dream or hidden shards in the crevice of a tattered memory, and now her only sight of things to come are days with empty spaces so vast she [cannot] fathom."

Great Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are some phrases here that are wonderful, a powerful and hopeful read, thank you Danny x

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful prose, Danny... :-)
The theme of this could be applied to many of lifes circumstance.. All things that fail, die or diminsh are spoken of here, and also the hope of rcovery from the loss.

" mornings in cobalt and long emerald afternoons"

You have used color here, very effectively.. like one of those old "mood" rings that have turned cobolt or emerald..The feelings of sadness are shown more intensely by your using of those two words.

A bow, and a thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

620 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 3, 2011
Last Updated on August 25, 2011

Author

DannyLynne Riley
DannyLynne Riley

Eugene, OR



About
I was born in Springfield Oregon...but grew up in the Southern regions of the country. At age 15 I entered into a world of prostitution and heroin addiction that nearly claimed my life. Through it .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pieces Of String Pieces Of String

A Poem by OT