The Cresting of a Finale`

The Cresting of a Finale`

A Story by DannyLynne Riley

 And so it begins...another day I wake and put into motion my passion for this dance of life...cresting in the raw...To master every graceful motion and don without dignity the masks of serious dedication and borderline obsessions.. to live, eat and breathe the quest... to stalk it until it bleeds with every last ounce of  heart and spirit and the perseverance of soul...a soul that is contorted and bent...but not broken  for although They will push and pull, trample and bend those efforts are anchored in futility as  I refuse to step down...I refuse to let that spark of hope be snuffed out. I have always danced softly. My toes barely treading on fate...terrified that somehow I would get in the way of the natural order of things, so I would step ever so softly on a mine-field of finale`s ...but my dance is dawning and my curtain rising on a relevancy  that I may have had it all wrong...that maybe...just maybe  we control our fate ...that we do make it happen...perhaps not entirely but we do play a significant part, not only in  that which  we strive to make happen for us...but sometimes even in the things that happen to us as well,and though the dance is ever elusive and hard to map out  if you close your eyes, clear your mind and stand very still you will hear faint traces of steps in position all around u and in that one moment when your eyes are opened, you wake from your sleep to find your stage has been set with the most obvious of realizations...that the steps you tried so hard to learn and master are, in fact, the very steps that you yourself had choreographed before the curtain ever opened...and all along...it was you.

© 2011 DannyLynne Riley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

exactly. Brava

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 30, 2011
Last Updated on October 30, 2011

Author

DannyLynne Riley
DannyLynne Riley

Eugene, OR



About
I was born in Springfield Oregon...but grew up in the Southern regions of the country. At age 15 I entered into a world of prostitution and heroin addiction that nearly claimed my life. Through it .. more..

Writing