The third dream of spring.

The third dream of spring.

A Poem by Danny Metcalfe

It is the third dream of spring.
I spent the afternoon reading French poetry and observed the rare posture of late flowers. I smoked tea, watered the dry hearts and like Orpheus charmed the animals…Since I am patient I awaited the sanity of the countryside and lay where the earth kindled her stars. There was the red of the sunset and fruit from a youthful orchard. 
There is a beauty behind a rosebush…My senses descended upon the beauty…the chasm between angel and God… and far from the hamlet of erotic tears, the idol showed her face….
The English rose bloomed long ago…the wild beauty is unrecognisable!

© 2021 Danny Metcalfe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a poignant dream of spring; your images just pop- out; you show us all the beauty in your dream; the smells, the scenery, a bit of faith, mythology, all you senses; Well written and meaningful.
Nice work Danny!
Yours, Betty

Posted 3 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this write, found it quite interesting

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The ability to charm all living things and even stones with music and poetry is a fascinating concept - But a scarlet sunset painting roses red is an even better one! Great hare :-)

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2021
Last Updated on January 10, 2021

Author

Danny Metcalfe
Danny Metcalfe

United Kingdom



About
I am a writer, poet and playwright. All works are first drafts. My favorite writers are: Arthur Rimbaud, William S Burroughs, Clarice Lispector, Robert Walser, Julio Cortazar, Mikhail Bulgakov,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Adolescent mind Adolescent mind

A Poem by mou