Supposedly Good

Supposedly Good

A Story by justdandy
"

One eye, two eye, no eye.

"
  Once an old lady from Church told me that I am blessed. She said that I could play the violin, that I could sing, that my voice was beautiful. "And with all of this," she said, "You can praise our God."

  Once a little girl from Sunday School sat on my lap. She said that I smile a lot, that I am fun and funny, that I am nice. "Because of this," she said, "you would make a perfect Sunday School teacher."

  Once my Daddy told me that I am good with numbers, that I am good in plotting graphs, that I am good at math. "That is why," he said, "you will become an engineer."

  Once when I was playing my violin, my grandma said that whenever she hears me play, her heart stops, her soul is lifted. And because of this she said, "Please become a music teacher."

  Once in 4th grade, my teacher announced that I won the writing contest, that my piece was spectacular, that I was a good writer. And with this she added, "You can become an author."

  But I don't see these things that apparently I am good at. I actually don't see at all. Because I am blind.

© 2016 justdandy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was completely carried along by your various scenarios, stated with great details & easy to understand, everything thought-provoking. I remember being the receptacle for everyone else's incomplete dreams & goals, as a kid with many talents. You've painted each recognizable word picture & I like the symmetry of your construction. Then I got to the end & wondered if "blind" was meant to be literal or figurative. Then I realized it works both ways. Very clever & sending many messages between the lines.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I was completely carried along by your various scenarios, stated with great details & easy to understand, everything thought-provoking. I remember being the receptacle for everyone else's incomplete dreams & goals, as a kid with many talents. You've painted each recognizable word picture & I like the symmetry of your construction. Then I got to the end & wondered if "blind" was meant to be literal or figurative. Then I realized it works both ways. Very clever & sending many messages between the lines.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The pressure to be what others imagine of us, can be staggering. This is a great example of that!

Posted 8 Years Ago


justdandy

8 Years Ago

Thank you , S.
i loved how you expressed our reality... most of us just see ourselves as unworthy for anything without realizing our true potential but the people around us who love us can see and realize our capabilities... very good message for me... you put a lovely thought here... this was very uniquely done... full ratings...

Posted 8 Years Ago


justdandy

8 Years Ago

hehehe, Thank you.
Inject Positivity

8 Years Ago

you are wholeheartedly welcome my dear frnd...
that was a good twist and play of words at the end. The narrator seems to be underestimating himself after all, singing has nothing to do with seeing or playing and instrument. like it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


justdandy

8 Years Ago

I am glad you liked it.
Critique: (Once when I was playing my violin, my grandma said that whenever she hears my play) hears me play
(Ad with this she added) And

Review: Isn't it odd that everyone else can see our potential but ourselves, I guess in a way we are blind :~)
Great concept and I like your sentence structure and form as well as the story line. Standing Ovation! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2016
Last Updated on March 19, 2016
Tags: blind, good, violin, doctor, math, writer, girl, church, Sunday School, Daddy, teacher, grandma

Author

justdandy
justdandy

CA



About
"So who are you?" I am an European Smoothie. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Musing of Me A Musing of Me

A Poem by ...