Chapter One: Meeting

Chapter One: Meeting

A Chapter by DarkMistofNight
"

This is beginning of the chain of events that bring two rival members together. One returning from America and the other never left.

"

Chapter One: Meeting



Walking down the crowded hallway of his local high school, the seventeen year old Asian walked quietly towards his next class. The hall was filled with the loud voices of his classmates, people he had went to school with since kindergarten. He walked past a group of girls, giving them a cold look. Despite the look, the girl's start to give off sounds of excitement. Rolling his eyes, the boy continues to make his way to his class. He stops a foot away from the door, staring at the girl sitting at his desk.

She was no older than he was and certainly had an uneasy air about her. She had to be a new student, which would explain the uneasy air about her. He stared at her a bit before walking closer to her.


“You're in my seat.” said the boy.


“Gomen!” said the girl, nearly falling out of the chair.


She gets up and that's when the boy had taken in the girl's features. She had a medium build, black hair, dark brown eyes, oval-like face, a small smile adorning her lips, and at an average height of five-foot-four-inches. Her hair was short and styled in a choppy and messy manner. It reminded him of one of those really crazy yakuza characters that a person absolutely loved, despite the character's erratic behavior and insane personality in a movie or game.


“Who are you?” asked the boy.


“Watashi wa Kimura Daiki desu.” said the girl.


She had to be his age, it was impossible for her to be a first year. This Kimura Daiki had to either be a second year or a third year. Especially from the way she responded so easily and without so much a stutter.


“Takahara Gorou.” replied the boy.


The girl, Daiki, smiled and walked to the front of the class when the male teacher motioned for her to come forward.


“Everyone, we have a new student today. Treat her how you would want to be treated.” said the teacher.


The teacher himself had a familiar yakuza look and feel about him. Like this Kimura Daiki, the teacher reminded Gorou of a yakuza character. However, since the older man wasn't as insane and erratic as his students, he was more calm and reminded Gorou of the calm yakuza character.


“Hai!” said several scattered voices.


This was what the morning classes were like; zombie-like with each student looking like death had warmed over. Some seemed to have panda-like eyes due to staying up late to finish homework on time. Despite that, they managed to get it done and turned in. Gorou, on the other hand, didn't turn his homework in from the previous day. This was his first day back from another country for the last couple of weeks.

The brown haired teen stared forward, his gray eyes unfocused on a spot on the board behind the teacher. His mind had gone down a large vault full of memories, particularly of when he was in the United States. His time there was only four months, but he had several things from there that were supposed to be handed out to his only friends. His friends were a third year student who was a year younger than Gorou. That friend was the first to become the brown haired boy's friend.

His name was Yamada Kaoru and he looked older, despite that he was only sixteen. Kaoru had black hair and green eyes while standing at five-foot-eleven-inches. He always wore his uniform loose, even though that was against the school's policy. Gorou's other friend was a different story. His other friend was someone he’s known longer than Kaoru. Amakura . Kaito was Gorou's older brother by seven hours. The older boy had been through a lot of the same bull after their parents left them when they were barely a couple of minutes old.

Both teens were taken in when they were five weeks old by a woman who already had a teenage son of her own. The past seventeen years were hectic for both boys, never truly feeling any emotion for the people around them or for each other. They were attacked verbally by their foster brother, their class mates, and even by a few of the teachers. What really affected the twins were when they learned that their birth mother abandoned them and only left them a first name. Kaito was handling it rather well, but Gorou couldn't deal with it very well.

The boy was still wrapping his head around it, despite having five months prior to learning it. His expression remained blank as the teacher slammed a text book onto his desk, making the other students jump. Gorou noticed that Daiki sat in front of him and that she gave no response to the offending sound. She was slumped slightly in her seat, her arms holding her upper torso up as she leaned over her notebook.


“You have something you want to get off your mind, Takahara?” asked the teacher.


“No.” Gorou deadpanned, giving the man a blank look.


The teacher, a tall man with a head full of gray hair, narrowed his eyes at the boy. The man had been trying to get Gorou to open up, to vocalize his feelings and thoughts, but failed each and every time. Shaking his head, the teacher turned towards the dry erase board with the book he had slammed on the boy's desk. The slam of the book hitting the desk fills the room again, making the students jump again. Daiki didn't budge from the sound, like Gorou hadn't moments before.

A few students started to murmur quietly about Daiki, making the seventeen year old wonder about the girl ahead of him. Was this a normal thing for the girl ahead of him to do? The teacher took hold of Daiki's shoulder and attempted to wake her. Instead, he gets thrown over her desk and lands onto another desk, breaking it. Gorou watched with curiosity as the teacher got up slowly. This was very interesting for something that happened just after lunch. What was even more curious was the girl's name. It was a boy's name and it was quite obvious the owner of that name was a girl. Was this a name she gave herself or was it something her parents gave her?




*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*




Daiki glanced about sleepily, her vision bleary as she gave a yawn. If only she hadn't gone off and had stirred up trouble last night with her two partners in crime, Sato Arata and Yoshida Genji. Aside from throwing her teacher onto a student desk and ruining it beyond repair, Daiki stood and walked out the door. She already knew that she was in enough trouble as it was for falling asleep in class. As she walked towards the office, she saw two boys headed to the same place.


“Genji-kun, Arata-kun.” grinned Daiki as she caught up with them.


“Daiki-kun.” grinned one of the boys.


The boy who spoke was taller than Daiki by seven inches and wore a white shirt under his gray blazer. His shirt was tucked into his gray pants and he had something on his neck.


“Arata, your tat is showing.” said Daiki.


The boy, Arata, covered his tattoo with his shirt collar. His eyes were brown and his hair was cut short. He grinned as he sent Daiki a thumbs up, then looking over the other boy.


“Genji, have you decided on a tat yet?” whispered Arata.


“Yeah. Its gonna be of a lion.” replied the other boy.


Daiki just rolled her eyes as the group of three walked down stairs. Daiki looked at Genji and Arata, who were talking quietly amongst themselves. Arata had an angular face and he had a scar on his forehead. Genji, like Arata, had a gray blazer, gray pants, and a white shirt on. Unlike Arata, Genji was shorter than Daiki by four inches. The boy had a crew cut and his face was circular. He didn't have any scars that were visible, but Daiki knew of the scar on Genji's right shoulder. The three grew up together, but after Daiki's parents died six years ago...

Daiki shook her head, wanting to move forward with her life. Genji and Arata kept up with her strides as they finally got to the door to the office on the main level of the school. Being sent to the office wasn't that unusual for Daiki, Genji, and Arata. In fact, whenever they aren't sent to the office is unusual. The three were notorious for being sent to the office on a huge range of reasons. Sleeping in class, throwing balled up paper at other students, and reading a manga during a lesson.

Daiki grinned when she opened the door, leading the other two into the room. Genji put an arm around Arata's shoulders, a rather large grin lit up his face as he saw his girlfriend at the front desk.


“Nari-chan.” said the boy as he kissed her forehead.


“Genji-kun!” said Nari with embarrassment.


Nari had her hair dyed dark brown, which the school had no rules against. Nari had dark brown eyes and stood at Genji's height. Daiki just grinned as she shoved her hands into the pockets of her gray uniform pants. Unlike other girls her age, Daiki didn't wear skirts or anything that was remotely feminine. She even went as far as using her brother's hand-me-down uniform and keeping her hair short and spiked, similar to some of the guys in the clan opposing the one that Genji, Arata, and Daiki were in.

The clan wanted to be sure that the children and teens got educated. Daiki didn't find it particularly a good thing. However, it did save her from getting a long lecture from her older brother, so she had no room to complain about that rule. Her brother was already on her case about all the trouble she's been causing at school. Being lectured and hounded wasn't something that Daiki learned from. She learned from getting down and dirty with work while picking up life experiences along the way with her two friends. Her brother was very hard on her than he is on their much younger brother, who is even worse than Daiki.

Daiki has tried many times to tell her oldest brother that she didn't skip out on school, making their relationship extremely strained. Despite that, Daiki completely ignores her brothers and goes to spend her time with her friends. On a small number of occasions, Daiki was forced to spend time with the sisters of Genji and Arata. They were very girly and always tried to dress Daiki in the newest fashions for girls, which makes the female gangster run after them with two water guns going off in her hands. They didn't like it and started whining how Daiki was a complete boy despite that she was a girl with a boy's name.


“What are you three here for now?” asked the secretary.


“I fell asleep during class.” grinned Daiki as she plopped herself into a chair beside the counter.


“I doodled stuff sexually explicit in the margins of my work.” said Arata.


“I was caught with a manga in hand.” said Genji sheepishly.


Genji released his girlfriend and let her go about the office, allowing her to finish helping the secretary with whatever it was that she needed help with. Daiki fell back into a light sleep, allowing her head to go to the side. After ten minutes, the principal came out of his office. He sighed heavily when he saw Daiki, Arata, and Genji sitting in the chairs. He didn't want to deal with them anymore, but their legal guardians made sure that they couldn't be expelled or sent to another school.

As it was, the three were the prime examples of how students shouldn't act. However, that didn't stop several of the students to rebel like they have. The man also knew that the yakuza had something to do with some of it. The school didn't allow their students to be there if they were found to be yakuza. The last time a student was a yakuza and went to the school, the entire building had a bomb placed inside the cafeteria. The student was expelled and the police had to arrest half of the members that were there for placing such a dangerous thing onto a school campus.

As the case was, three students were suspected to be yakuza members. However, the three had a cover of being going home and finishing their homework. The three have been seen on several news reports, each sporting bruises and scrapes. The following day after the news report, the three students came in just covered in scrapes and bruises. The principal didn't want to know why they were fighting outside of school or even why he bothered with them. He has had enough of their trouble making and will make an announcement to have the students, all of the students attending Shikura High. This was getting beyond frustrating and it was beyond ridiculous. He was going to end this and prevent more students from rebelling like Genji, Arata, and Daiki.


“Kimura, Yoshida, Sato, get in here.” said the principal.


Genji takes four steps to the older man's office, glancing behind him to see Arata and Daiki walking behind him. He grins a bit as he returns his gaze forward. He knew that the man within the office before him has finally had enough of their mischief. This was going to be interesting despite it being bothersome.


“Look, Koichi,” began Daiki as she sat down. “Arata, Genji, and I all know you want to crush our antics to make us into proper students.”


“You'll address me as Yamada-San!” growled the man.


“Whatever.” said Daiki. “Your plan isn't going to work. See, Genji, Arata, and I are close to graduating and we are only halfway through the year. There’s no way you can be rid of us until we graduate.”


Yamada Koichi knew Daiki spoke the truth at that moment, not doubting it a bit.




*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*`*~*




The following day, Gorou sat in a corner of the roof. He held an onigiri in his right hand and a bottle of water in the other. He sat as far away from the other students. Gorou was a loner, not one for people and not one for conversation. Gorou was called an outcast, a stranger, to his fellow classmates. It didn’t bother him any and he bluntly made no effort in trying to become part of the class. It didn’t matter to him what the other students thought of him. After all that he went through growing up, he was surprised with how far he’s come since all the things he’s seen and heard has made him more than just being emotionless.

However, that didn’t stop two or three girls from writing him on a small number of occasions. He never read them, knowing that he would just string them along for no real reason aside from being called a lady killer. That would be the last thing he needed at this point, not when he had to find the girl in the rival clan that was fighting his clan for territory. All he knew was that this girl was going to be transferring to his school. To his displeasure, four girls transferred to his school that day. Including the one that had the boy’s name, Kimura Daiki. Gorou’s attention was on that particular girl. There was something about her that screamed of yakuza, but he wasn’t quite sure about that just yet.

What bugged him about that girl was when she was in the office. She and two boys entered the Principal Yamada’s office like it was a normal thing, almost like they got into trouble all the time. It was the middle of the year and the principal shouldn’t have known the girl or the boys. Aside from having four girls transfer to his high school, three boys transferred. A Yoshida Genji, Sato Arata, and Yamamoto Kei. That made seven students total, but Gorou’s focus was mainly on the girls. All he had to do was figure out which one was part of the rival clan and take her out. The hard part is finding the girl and finding out all he could on the rival clan.


~I need to ask oyabun to give me a description of this girl. It would make this entire thing so much easier.~ thought the seventeen year old as he bit into his onigiri.


With that thought, Gorou takes a drink of his bottled water. He glances at his bentou box, seeing a white, purple, and silver bag. On it, kanji covered part of the front of the bag. The boy put his water down and grabbed the bag, said object making a crackling sound as it was taken out of the box. Gorou grinned when he realized what was in his hand. The teen held a bag of Ryu Passhon. It had become popular after three weeks of being on the market. It had four flavors to in total; Grape, kiwi, mango, and dragon fruit. He quickly put it back into his box, not wanting to have his candy taken away. It was bad enough that the school’s rules were ridiculous to begin with.

Aside from the students and teachers not being able to have their hair dyed a very light brown, they weren’t allowed to have anything sugary and have manga on their persons during school. However, there were several students who had put clear soda into their water bottles and got away with it. Gorou shook his head, realizing that he had become sidetracked with the smallest of things. The boy stands as the bell rings, making him groan. There went the students’ thirty minute lunch break. Tomorrow he would have to make his lunch quicker to finish and spend the majority of his break asking those four girls something that a yakuza member would know. However, he would have to sneak a question without raising the suspicion of both the school and the four girls he had to talk to. It was only a matter of how and when.



© 2011 DarkMistofNight


Author's Note

DarkMistofNight
The beginning is a bit fast, but this story has a bit of crime within it along with territory wars and situations with drugs. This doesn't exactly fall into crime, but it certainly falls into fiction.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on September 16, 2011
Last Updated on September 17, 2011
Tags: Yakuza, Tokyo, Japan, fiction


Author

DarkMistofNight
DarkMistofNight

Riverside, MO



About
I'm a writer wanna be who is currently suffering from writer's block. A friend of mine suggested this site to me to help get rid of the writer's block. I was born in 1989. I mostly write fiction and I.. more..

Writing