I Have Lived In An Important Place...

I Have Lived In An Important Place...

A Story by DarkRainbowPie
"

I received an English assignment recently; ''Write a composition entitled 'I Have Lived In An Important Place''... so, here's my interpretation of that title. Enjoy! :)

"
I have lived in memories, I have lived in the future, I have lived in the here and now; but where does one live who can live anywhere? The path my thoughts take is vast and continuous; the last stop shall only be reached with the taking of my last breath, and that last stop shall be the most important on my journey. Until then though; every stop, every place I set up camp - each one is important.
   I was sitting in the living room, curled up beside him, nestled into the crook of his neck with my head. Our hands were together, fingers linked, as we enjoyed each other's company in the dimly lit cosiness of the room. A certain warmth ran through my veins as I felt the lips of my love gently kiss my forehead.
   I was on the ground, crying. Sun light peeked through grey clouds as I watched, through blurred vision, my father running towards me. He removed the little, pink bicycle from on top of my legs and knelt down beside me. His large, warm hand smoothed my hair back off my face, and wiped a tear from my cheek. ''Are you okay sweet heart? You were great!'' were the words that escaped from his mouth before he took a look at my bloody palms and kissed them better.
   I will be walking, slowly, hand in hand with this man, down the aisle. Another, younger man, will then take my hand; him in a suit, me in a long, white dress. There will be flowers, music, and loved ones; as a gold ring is slipped onto my finger before I walk into what else is yet to come.
   I was crying, alone in my room. Sobs and tears were smothered by a plush pillow held tightly to my face. For the second time things had ended with him; only this time, this really was the last, and the cold reality of it all punched me...hard, right in the chest. There was no one to wipe the tears away, no one to hold.
   I was sitting in a strange room with around 20 other children my age. We were all dressed the same, and we all only knew two names in the room; our own, and that of Ms. Johnson. There was a buzzing sense of innocent curiosity, and a fidgety tension. I visited this place five days a week for several months, until there was Summer.
   I will be shouting, screaming; at the kitchen table with a man I will have thought I knew. Fists will be raised, but will do no harm. It will be the words that hurt us all, and finish us all. There will be a certain coldness running through my veins. It will be the shattering of a wine glass across the tiled floor, then silence... before a whirl wind of sobbing. An agreement will be come to and this man's face will not be seen by my eyes again, only Violet's.
   I am sitting here by my bedside light, pen in hand. I am writing about all the important places I have lived, and will live; all stops on my journey. There is a steaming cup of coffee beside me that has burnt my lip. I decide to watch the steam rise from the red cup of liquid gold. The aroma is filling my nostrils with temptation; coercing me to risk another sip, to try again... but, no. I have learnt from my mistakes and will always be learning from them.
   One day, I will be lying in my bed; where I will have been for a few days at this point. Loved ones will gather around and I will be wishing I had enough hands to hold all of theirs. Tears will fall, 'good bye's and 'I love you's will be whispered, and my last breath will slowly leave my body. This will be the most important stop on my journey, and this will be the most important place I have ever lived. This will be the place where I live forever more.

© 2014 DarkRainbowPie


Author's Note

DarkRainbowPie
Please let me know what you think, all feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow.... Adjectives don't have enough variety and intensity to describe the beauty of this writing. I only can that this has most definitely made me think of such times that have been and will be here. Thank you for being the great author you are... One day you will be known throughout the world, resonating through the ages as one of the most beloved authors of our era and continue throughout the ages... And I will have the privilege of saying I read her work and talked to her before fame, and can still say it was beyond description. As for her courtesy , beyond compare. Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Philosophers' Dreaming

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome. :D I enjoy reading your writings.. They are all absolutely magnificent..
.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
DarkRainbowPie

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much, that means a lot, truly :)



Reviews

Wow.... Adjectives don't have enough variety and intensity to describe the beauty of this writing. I only can that this has most definitely made me think of such times that have been and will be here. Thank you for being the great author you are... One day you will be known throughout the world, resonating through the ages as one of the most beloved authors of our era and continue throughout the ages... And I will have the privilege of saying I read her work and talked to her before fame, and can still say it was beyond description. As for her courtesy , beyond compare. Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Philosophers' Dreaming

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome. :D I enjoy reading your writings.. They are all absolutely magnificent..
.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
DarkRainbowPie

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much, that means a lot, truly :)
this is great, i really like how the first words capture me so much i love the fact that you put so much heart into it

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DarkRainbowPie

10 Years Ago

Thanks very much, glad you enjoyed it :')
DarkRainbowPie

10 Years Ago

Thanks very much, glad you enjoyed it :')
Winchester Saltgunner

10 Years Ago

lol welcome hun
This is, for lack of a better term, a thought envoking piece. Makes you think of your own journey. Each sub-story can be interperated on a personal level for each person who reads it, for myself, everything in this makes me think, about my life, other's lives, how they are connected and how Journeys will cross over. This was a very well written piece, with one or two things i might change, but nothing substantial enough to make a difference. Well Penned Mayo.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DarkRainbowPie

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the good review, Cathal :) Just as a matter of interest, what would you change? :)
Firefly

10 Years Ago

Once again with my real name -_- :D
It is a bit static, you need to flow each part into eacho.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 14, 2013
Last Updated on January 28, 2014
Tags: love, heart break, life, death, childhood, adulthood, family, relationships, hardship, good times, memories, the future, marriage, fighting, school, mistakes, hurt, pain

Author

DarkRainbowPie
DarkRainbowPie

Dublin, Ireland



About
Hey there, guys. My name's Annie, I'm 18, from Ireland. All there is to really know about me is that I am a MASSIVE nerd (...would like to wager that I actually do live and breathe science at .. more..

Writing