Chapter Two: THING

Chapter Two: THING

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Two: THING


Life fades to black. Now stuck in a lifeless void. I feel like I’m falling. Falling so deep down with no end in sight.


But I crash…


On what that seems to be a cold cement ground which will now maybe is my tomb forever. I grip at the ground, search for a sense of closure. All I find is dirt. I’m greeted with voice.


It’s my voice but why does it sounds so foreign. I listen closely to my now terrible sounding voice, trying to figure out what happened to it, and what happened to me.


WAKE UP


It gets louder.


WAKE UP.


It’s getting angrier.


WAKE UP!!!


I force my eyes open.


My eyes focus in on the surrounding world as it adjusts to the light. It’s pretty white and plain. The walls have trace stains of blood and just an overall scene of a past incident. I look around and just need to find out what has happened.


The room is empty. Or at least I think so. But I have the feeling I’m being watched. There is a semi broken mirror on the wall. I wonder to myself if there is someone behind there waiting to kill me.


Though at this point, am I even alive?


I ponder that idea over in my mind. But whose mind is this? I really don’t know who I am. I try to think of memories but there is nothing. I feel like a shell of a man. I’m empty.


I get off the floor that I was residing on. I walk to the door but that’s when I hear something behind me. I quickly look at the space now filled with a five letter word, written in what I can believe was blood.


DEATH.


The simple poetic idea of that word hits me to the core as the blood is still wet and rolling down the wall.

Am I dead?


I decide to get out of this room as fast as I can. I turn the rusted doorknob and push open the light wood looking broken on one hinge, door. I look down each side of the broken up and old hallway.  The lights are flickering. The paint on the wall is peeling. That is when I see it.


A dark figure with a nice well groomed black suit man. I guess I could call it a man; it looked one but didn’t have all the human features. It stands there with no hair and a pale white skin completion. It turns to me. Only a pair of fiery blood red eyes and a blank black expression of his face. It slowly raises its creepy looking hand and points to me.


I stand there like I should be afraid but somehow I’m not. I have no chills in my spine. I didn’t feel brave either. Just indifferent. My brain logically works out that I probably should get out of here so my brain orders my body to move. And that it does. It turn in the opposite direction of the man or whatever it is.


My body takes off and runs down the hallway. The walls smell of old paint and look like they haven’t been seen in years. The hallway lights flicker at every step I take. I try not to sight see too much and I make it to the end of the hallway.


I think I probably should look to see if I’m being chased but I hesitate. I see the stairs ahead, and decide to go down. I glance across as the THING approaches me. The THING is gaining on me but it seems like its legs don’t move, more like a float.


 I just move quickly down the stairs and make it to what seems like the back door of the place. I grab the door and thrust it open but something pulls me back. I fall to the floor as the THING blocks the door.


The THING looks at me and a small black grin appears. The THING reaches out its hand to me and its

fingers extended to blackish knife like things. It swings its hand into my chest and the pain of attack sends shivers all over. I feel so cold. The pain isn’t that bad, I feel more coldness. A cold that I can’t control. A wave of depression hits my brain like if I just saw my favorite puppy die or lost a lover.


I heard a loud noise but I really can’t react. All I feel is the blood now rapidly exiting my body. My vision starts to fade, my brain becomes very hazy. And then it happens. I black out.

 



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on July 20, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper