Chapter Three: Outliar

Chapter Three: Outliar

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Three: Outliar


I wake up.


It feels like it’s been days, though I really have no clue. My lips are dried out. My body aches. The smell of blood fills my nasals. What else can happen to me?


Oh wait, I’m now in a field. It seems empty but I thought that last time.


“Are you okay?” A soft but not really caring feminine voice says.


I make a growling sound. My mouth is too dry to speak. I open it but still nothing come out. Just then a cold liquid hit and goes in my mouth. It taste funny but I can speak now.


“Who are you?” I roughly say as a light outline is starting to form behind the mysterious voice.


“I’m Sammy. Commander of the House of the Thirteen Corpses.” She says confidently, like I’m supposes to know what that means to me.


“Hmm..” I try to think, “Yeah, I can’t think of what to ask first.”


“What do you want to know?” She smiles as she finally gets focused in my eyes. She is there, in a black sundress with her long brown hair down. Her skin is very pale and looks like it never has been in the sun.


“Where I am?” Seem like a good start.


“Good question, I don’t know. I was sent here to get you, I don’t know where you came from. I just came here and pulled you away from the building.” She is speaking to me as if I was supposed to know the bases of the answer.


“What was that in there?” I would like to know what just kicked my butt.


“We call them Darkman. Terribly violent and almost impossible to kill. They kill any type of Outliar. It would have killed you if I didn’t come.”

I feel like I should thank her, “Thanks.” I regroup myself, “That answer gave me more questions. Hmm, what are Outliars?” I think I’m starting to get lost. My brain clicks. “WAIT! Isn’t that thing, that Darkman still around here?”


“No, I sent it away for a bit. We will be gone before it will be back, relax.” She looks at me then assess my wounds. “That is a bit of a hard question, Outliars are different things that, I guess keep the world in balance. There are good Outliars, bad ones, and the ones in the middle. I’m a middle one and you are a middle one.”


“I am one?” That confuses me.


“Yes. The last one in my house. My 13th corpse.”


“So I am dead?” Reality of all this is making my panic a bit.


“That’s a complicated question. We are the go between in life and death. We bridge this gap to maintain peace and order.”


“How do we do this?” Yes, I’m confused and utterly have no clue if this chick is crazy.


“We all have certain powers. And it just makes more sense in time. I promise you.” She tries to smile to comfort me, it making us both awkward because we know its all fake. She isn’t a good faker.


“What’s your power? What’s mine? Can it be like laser vision or flying?” I laugh it out, but when I do the pain of the slashes return.


She takes my laugh as a sense of challenge, “So you think you are funny. Well just to tell you. I’m a vampire.

And you are a Reaper. We are both one of a kind. And we are both stuck together to make sure the world doesn’t collapse.”


“Am a what? This makes no sense to me and I have no clue what’s going on. I think I need to get up and leave.” I try to get up but she places her hands on my chest.


“Stay down. You need to heal. You aren’t looking so good.” She looks concerned.


“Heal? I would need a hospital or something.”


“I have a better way. Open your mouth.”


I open it. And she fills my mouth with the same liquid from before. Its warm now and it still taste terrible.


“What is this?” I lick my lips and my chest slashes seem to be returning to normal. It makes me feel to see this unnatural thing happening to me.


“It’s blood. It the healing force for us. Gives us power.”


I spit the rest of the blood out. “What the hell?” I yell at her.


“You need it. I know it seems terrible. If it makes you feel better, the blood is from a pig, it’s least effective but it get the job done.”


“Well it does make me feel a little better.” I feel my chest and it feels normal. No more pain. No more marks. So I get up and stand next to Sammy.


She looks at me like she is my god and she saved me, which she did a little. “Hey, I can answer your questions later; we need to get out of here. It’s not safe here soon and the Darkman will come back stronger and with help.”


“I have one more question before we leave.” I take a deep breath.


She nods her head to signal I can ask it. This is the first time I see her as beautiful. Though in my heart or brain, I know I’m taken. That itself makes my question more important.


“Who I am?” A way better and more pressing question.

 



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on July 20, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper