Chapter Four: Welcome

Chapter Four: Welcome

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Four: Welcome


“I really can’t answer this for you. Because I really don’t know. You are the first Reaper, I ever had about. I figured our little happy family was going to be incomplete. Then I got you. And now I need to get you used to this life. Get used to your powers. And most importantly, keep you a lot.” She finishes her well-spoken line and just pulls me through the forest.


The sun is fading fast and much of the forest is a blur.


 “What should I be called then?” I say it as a witty way to keep the conversation on track till I finally can ease into this whole whirled wind of a world that I’m not trapped in. Plus a name would be nice.


“What do you want to be called? I mean your call sign will be Reaper, mine is Vamp. And you will meet the rest of the family when we get out of here.” She is leading me to a clearing. The moonlight is peaking over the ridge of forest line.


There in the clearing is an old classic black mustang. It is a top of a line looking car. It was weird to me; I know what is going on in my mind, likes, dislikes, and stuff like that. Just not the important stuff like a name.


As I get in the passenger seat of the car, “So I can pick any name?”


“Yes. We will make you ids and stuff. You will be like a real person.”


I never knew I stopping being one. “I want to be called Indiana Bond.”


She blankly stares at me, not sure if I’m joking, “Why?”


“I love Indiana Jones and James Bond. And now that like a spy like person, then it’s a good fit.” I smirk and she actually smiles back. She is started to look more human to me, almost normal.


“Okay sounds good. I just go by Sammy. No last name.” She smiles.


“Where exactly are we going?” I was very curious but really was just ready for whatever was in stored. I don’t know why I thought this way, but I guess it was my nature inside showing.


“We are going back to base. You can meet the others and we can help you train with your powers.” She tries again to comfort me with a smile but somehow I know it’s a fake one.

A cellphone rings out and Sammy answers it.


“Hey Joker.” After a few moments of listening to who it was, “Are you sure it’s Doctor Grey?” She rubs her face with her in hand in a seemingly stressful way. “Okay we will go check it out now.”


She turns to me, “We have a pit stop.” She almost seems scared.”


I must question it, “Who is Doctor Grey?”


She bits her lip but finally speaks, “Doctor Grey.” She pauses for a moment. “One of the most horrible creatures on this dreaded world. He is ruthless killer and one of the top men of the Deathwatchers.”


 “Who are the Deathwatchers?” I have been asking a lot of questions but this is like a foreign language to me.


“I told you about the three sides. You and I belong to the House of Thirteen Corpses. The evil side of it is called the Deathwatchers. They have the greatest number of people and are the most deadly. Darkmen like the one in the place that attacked you, belongs to the Deathwatchers. They are the hitmen of the group. And Doctor Grey is a man who body harvest for them all.” She finishes her long statement and I’m still no clearer on the facts of this new world.


“So you and I will go after this person. You do realize that I have no training or at least I don’t think so.” I think I’m feeling worried or at least self-prevention.


“Pretty much, you scared?” She laughs. I’m not sure if this is her coping effort or a way of flirting. I have no clue. I really not think about it and just try to survive the next few hours.”


“Not scared but more of I have no clue what is in store.”


She stops the car at a warehouse that is grey and highlighted by the moonlight. It is old and rundown. Looks like no one ever has used it for years.


“Be prepared for anything. Because anything can happen.” She gets out the car and looks back at me. “Follow me and try not to die.”


I get out of the car and run over to follow her. She hands me a gun from the car door. She heads inside the warehouse. I follow closely with my gun in my hand. Sammy doesn’t have a gun but it seems like she is confident in whatever she had.


“I smell fresh blood on the third floor. He must be there still.” She sniffs the air.


“Smelling part of your powers?” Not sure if I’m supposes to talk or not but I guess I talk when I start to get nervous. I’m still figuring myself out.


“Only the smell of blood.” She turns and looks at me. “We need to be quiet going up there. Stay close. And don’t freak out on what you see.” She turns back and starts up the stairs.


I nod to myself for some reason and follow. Each step is dirty and makes a little noise. But we still go up there pretty stealthy. After a few flights of stairs, we arrive. A light illuminates an outline of a door in a dark hallway.


We walk down in silently and make our way to the door.


Sammy smashes the door and looks in the room. I follow inside to see a horrible sight. A small white room now covered in blood, painted all of the walls. The ground has pools of blood and the scent of it fills my nose. A naked body that looks like it exploded in the room is on a medical table. It was a woman. Her insides were gone. Just an empty hole where her chest used to be.


That is when I see something that will be burnt into my brain forever. Her eyes were gone. Just hollowed out and pulled from her existence.

Sammy explores the room, looking for clues. Something to tell her that Doctor Grey was here and where he went.


I see something on the woman’s skin. I touch her soft white skin and right when my finger makes contact, the body moves.


The woman reanimates and yells out in horrible pain. Sammy jumps back in fright of the sudden outburst. I fall to the floor in a bit of scared and guilt. DID I DO THIS?


She is screaming and screaming with no end in sight.


Sammy yells out, “Shut her up before he comes back.” She moves to the body.


I get up and put my hand over her mouth. She stops and her body lifeless again. Sammy looks at me.


“I guess you discovered one of your powers.” Sammy laughs at me.


“I guess.” I poke the body again but nothing happens. “I guess it only works once.”


Sammy shrugs and goes back to looking for clues. She finds something and hands it to me.


It’s a jar with little flakes in it.


“What is this?” I ask.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on July 20, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper