Thanks for allowing me to marry you

Thanks for allowing me to marry you

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Four: Thanks for Allowing Me to Marry You


Alice looks around in the quarters. It has two old wooden chairs, a lumpy brown couch, and just overall dusty room. The place really was missing a woman’s touch.


Alice looks over at Derek. She hasn’t really spoken to Derek directly but she attempts to now.


“So, I guess… thank you for choosing me. I mean allowing me to live here.”


“Well I couldn’t allow you go live with Hector. You seem like a really nice girl who has gone through a lot. And you don’t deserve what he was going to do to you.”


“So…what now?” Alice starts to nervously bite her nails, not sure what is going to happen.


“Well it’s plain and simple on what I wish for you to do. I just need to watch and help with Eve.” Derek goes to the kitchen and finds the teas. He makes it and pours two cups of it from the white semi cracked teapot.


“No forced sex?” Alice looks at him trying to gauge him.


Derek hands her a cup of tea, “No. To be honest, I don’t like what has happened to this world. I won’t force you to do anything but taking care of Eve.” Derek sits down on the couch and drinks his tea, exhausted from a long day.


“Somehow I can’t trust you on that.” Alice frowns and doesn’t drink the tea in the cup in her hand.


There is loud knocking at the quarter’s door. Derek gets up and lets in a woman. Derek introduces her to Alice. Georgia is a middle woman. Her blonde hair was in a pinned in a neat bun. Her brown eyes looked around the room before she fully enters.


“This is Georgia; she is the wife of Louis. The man you met in here before.” Derek goes in and gets her some tea.


Georgia looks at the girl, sizing her up. Derek returns and hands her a cup.


“She is a young one. But I think she can produce many babies.” Georgia’s Russian dialect was very strong. She takes a big sip of tea. The tea is very minty but good tasting.


Georgia looks at Alice and speaks. “So here are your four main tasks that you have to do. One, you must always do what your husband says, no matter what. Two, you must have sex nightly so you can have more chances of having children. Three, you must help with cleaning and other chores around the camp. And four, you must give blood to the Alpha.”


Alice looks at her weird, “What is an Alpha?”


“None of your business w***e. We take your blood every two weeks. So that’s all you need to know. You got all the rules?”


“Yes, you Russian b***h.” Alice smiles at her, taking her rashness as a challenge. Derek tries not to laugh.


“You never say those words to me again. I’m the leader of women here and you must respect me or I’ll beat it into you.”


“Sorry, b***h isn’t a strong enough word, you are Russian c**t.”


Georgia gets up and goes to strike Alice.


Derek speaks up, “She doesn’t know her place. But you may not hit her; I’ll deal with her after. Thanks, Georgia that will be all.”


“Alright sir. Thank you for gracing me with your presence.” She walks towards the door with a death stare on Alice, “You better teach her a lesson.”


“I will.” Derek firmly says.


She puts her cup down and walks out. Derek speaks,


“Russian c**t. Nice touch.”


“You liked that?” Alice laughs a little.


“Yeah. She is such a b***h and such a slave to any man.”


“Yeah. What’s with all the yes sir and gracing thing?”


“You think that’s too much, so do I. I actually think it’s sad. I was no one important in my past life, and now because of a few battles, I’m almost the lead here.”


“Can I ask you something?”


“Sure.”


“What’s the alpha?”


“It’s a lead vampire in the area, and we give it blood so it will protect us from bigger prey.”


“What’s bigger prey?”


“Well take your pick. Pack of zombies, Demons, Angels, other Vampires, Werewolves or even dragons.”


“Are you f*****g with me?” Alice gasps.


“Nope. They all exist and are out there waiting to kill us.”


“Have you seen all of those?”


“Yes, expect for dragons. Those are rare.”


“Wow.” Alice is super shocked at this whole thing.


 “Where have you been? Haven’t you seen any of them?”


“In my own hell for the last year, but I haven’t seen much of the outside world. Only one zombie.”


“The world is pretty fucked up. Lucky for us, that most of these unholy creatures love to kill each other and humans are rarely harmed. And our Alpha for this camp is pretty strong so our death toll is very low.”


“This is a lot to handle.” Alice walks over and sits next to Derek on the couch.


“I know. You should sleep. We can talk more tomorrow. Take my bed tonight till I can get another one for you.”


“You aren’t going to sleep with me?” Alice didn’t want him to but it seemed weird if he didn’t.


“No. I’m not like the others. I told you what I need from you; I need nothing more than that.”


“Well thanks I guess.”


“No problem.”


“I’m Alice by the way.”


“Nice to meet you. Goodnight”


“Night.” Alice walks into the bedroom and crashes to the bed.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I told you i'd come back. Sorry its taken awhile, but I also wanted to see if you would review my novel What's behind the looking glass. So far no reviews. I hope if I co tinue reading this one you will do the same. Good story. Went back and read to bring back my focus. Moving on. Also note finding the same problems that I have already pointed out

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love it! :) This georgia person really does sound like a total b***h too, i wanted to just smack her xD

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm starting to enjoy the stuntedness of this, almost, more and more as I read. Maybe it's because the plot is catching on. I like how you establish things through the dialogue, like the workings of the place that they're at, though I still think it needs some more description, like what the place actually looks like.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow this is really good, I am such an idiot for not reading this sooner. I really like the way you have already built these characters and how they already have their views on life. Like I already Love Derek he seems like a real good person.

On to the next Chapter


Posted 12 Years Ago


another good chapter, with more information nicely introduced. Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Again, it's rather rushed. It's actually a little bit too much dialogue. All I can picture here are characters facing each other and speaking. You should add in more movement, more body language. It all feels very rushed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very strong dialogue here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Boy I like Alice’s spunky personality. You work the dialog very well.
I wouldn’t harp on the adjective thing anymore.
You really feel the devolution of humanity happening.
Off to the next chapter.


Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the chapter. She got lucky. Some men have some morals in this world you create. I like the description and the many enemies to be faced in this story. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Cracking job. Enough questions raised to keep me waiting for the next. Good handling of dialouge too

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1059 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2012
Last Updated on March 30, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..