The Kingdom is Falling

The Kingdom is Falling

A Chapter by Reaper

There is a dead body covered in the courtyard when Alice walks out for her chores. She stares to see what has happened but the men around it stare back with one of Keep Moving B***h looks.

Alice arrives at Lilly’s to find her crying. Alice walks up to here, trying to find her epiphany.

“What’s wrong Lilly?”

“My friend committed suicide last night.”

“Was that the girl out in the courtyard?”

“Yes.” She tries to dry her tears, “She couldn’t take to be under these rules here.”

“How is it like here?”

“Women are like slaves to these men. Passed around and raped like its normal. Most women here, who can’t make babies, are labeled as “toys”. “

“What are toys?”

“They are women passed away only used for sex while the wife is pregnant. And those wives are treated as royalty till they give birth then it’s just pump another one into her.”

Lilly paces around the room, she speaks again, “We are the lucky few, and we have men who don’t share as with the masses.”

“I haven’t even had sex with Derek.”

“Then, you are really lucky. Though it doesn’t surprise me, he is still madly in love with Maddy.”

“Can you please tell me what happened to her?”

“She was killed by something unholy.”

“How long ago?”

“Six months ago. After it happened, Derek and I got placed into this group. Derek found me the nicest of all the guys to marry me.”

“Derek sounds like a nice guy.”

“He is. I know it kills him for us to be here but he has to.”

Alice nods. Lilly gets up and motions Alice over. Lilly puts a gun and a knife I her hands.

“Derek told me to give these to you. Just in case.”

Alice nods again. Lilly leaves the room to start chores and yells for Alice to help her with chores.

 

On the other side of the village, Derek is loading up guns. He places each one in a slot on his jacket. Derek is preparing a visit to the Alpha.

Derek leaves the ammo room and goes towards the gates. The streets are dirty but filled with townspeople. Each one spends their meaningless lives just trying to survive. Where in Derek’s life, he has to survive for two and has half of the world after him.

Derek leaves the gates and walks through the totally burnt forest. Derek walks about a mile till he finds a cave. He grabs the torch lying in the cave’s entrance. He lights it from an old lighter he once got for a present on his fourteenth birthday.

 He checks out the cave. No sign of anyone. He goes deeper.

He comes across the blood scene of corpses. In the center of the cave there are about twenty or so bodies. Derek recognizes some of them as demons, some as zombie and most importantly the watcher for the town. His vampire body was tortured and mingled.

Derek grabs his walkie talkie.

“We have a code eleven. Prepare for attack.”

 

The relay of the messages hits the dust empty office of the security team headquarters. The guards are dead on the floor as a small team of outsider makes their way into the city.

Derek races back to the city.

Alice feeds Eve as Lilly is sitting on Derek’s couch. They are chatting about the old world and it’s now such foreign ideas.

Suddenly the two hear the air raid sirens, the warning system of an attack. The last guard of the wall hit it as a knife pierced his heart.

“You need to hid,” Lilly says as she jumps off the couch towards the door.

Alice takes Eve into Derek’s bedroom. Lilly opens the door and calls out to Alice,

“I need to make sure everyone is safe out here, but you need to lock the bedroom door and hid.”

Alice yells back, “What does the siren mean?”

“We are under attack.”

Lilly runs out and towards her place. Alice goes in the room and locks the door.

Alice grabs Eve and goes into the bed. She pulls the covers over her head just as she used to do when her parents fought when she was young.

She hears yelling and screaming from outside of the house. Then comes gun fire and just overall horrible sounds. Tears start to run down her face and fall on Eve.

Alice looks at Eve and for the first time ever, she feels at peace. The tears stop and she now focuses on keeping Eve quiet.

Suddenly the front door crashes in. Alice jumps up and slides herself and Eve under the bed. They barely fit but it will work.

Next comes a crash of the bedroom door. Alice turns her face to the opening of the side of the bed. She hears footsteps as it approaches the bed.  Alice tries to keep quiet. And it works.

The footsteps are just about to leave when Eve cries out. The footsteps run to the bed and toss the whole thing over.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Verry gripping. Please go back through a correct spelling errors. Look for words that are spelled correct but wrong meaning. Again good chapter. Will be back when you review mine. After all fair is fair.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Another good one. Only thing I would change is mangled, not mingled. But that's such a silly typo that anyone would make. Don't worry about the typos too much. I love whenever you brought up Alice's life in the past, it makes her seem more believable, that her past really does exist in the present.

Posted 12 Years Ago


SADFACE :O Oh noes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the tension that built up in this, and also how this was a lot more descriptive; there was a balance between the dialogue and description. This chapter really makes me want to go read the next one.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is fast and I like it that way but I also think it need more description such as

On the other side of the village, Derek is loading up guns. He places each one in a slot on his jacket. Derek is preparing a visit to the Alpha. (Where is he on the other side of the village what does it look like?)
reads on (oh that's where he is... maybe connect to the two paragraphs?)
Derek leaves the ammo room and goes towards the gates. The streets are dirty but filled with townspeople. Each one spends their meaningless lives just trying to survive. Where in Derek’s life, he has to survive for two and has half of the world after him.

Derek leaves the gates and walks through the totally burnt forest. Derek walks about a mile till he finds a cave. (really fast, as if it didnt really happen)"

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was great!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice job. Its a great story and it catches intrest.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So exciting!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow... interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have such a fast pace story and there’s nothing boring about it or I’ve wouldn’t have read this far into it. I would like more vision. Give me the gory details of the bloody scene Derek comes across. Great dialog and chapter ending.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

890 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on January 14, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..