Run Alice Run

Run Alice Run

A Chapter by Reaper

Standing over Alice is a giant red beast. It horns are sharp and black in color. Crimson blood crashes out of the beast’s mouth and hits the floor.

Its lustful eyes hit Alice’s. Alice lays there thinking about how this will be her end. All the regrets in her life and all the mistakes. The friends and family she had lost before and after the end of the world. She lays there in her own silence.

Just as her eyes meet the beast’s again; its brains explode over the door. The beast falls to the floor nearing falling on Alice. Alice looks up to see Derek in the hallway with his gun raised.

“Are you okay?” Derek says as pick up Eve.

Alice stumbles to her feet, “Yeah, are you?”

Derek ignores the question and goes to his trunk. With his one free hand, he picks up guns and ammo. He hands some of them to the Alice.

“We need to get out of here.” Derek says as he reloads his guns.

Derek gets a baby wrap and puts Eve in it so he has two free hands.

Derek motions Alice to follow him. Derek walks out of the house and moves towards the courtyard.

Alice yells towards Derek, “What about Lilly?”

“Shes dead.”

Derek moves a bit faster. Alice is a little shocked based on the information and Derek’s ability to hold it together.

As they move through the courtyard, Alice sees Lilly. Her torso was on her left and her legs were in front of her.

Derek shoots a few dark creatures in the way of where he was going.

Alice spots one of those beasts whose back was turned to her. Alice fires her gun twice hitting it both times. It crashes to the floor.

Derek shoots a man turned into a zombie, once a friend, now a blood thirsty manic.

The two of them arrive at the side door of the wall. On the speaker system there is yelling then a crack followed by a female’s voice comes on.

“Attention citizens and invading Demons. Put down your arms before I send my armies in for you all. Just give us Castle and we will leave.”

Alice grabs Derek’s shoulder, “Who is that?”

“The zombie queen.” Derek says as he smashes open the door of the secret way out of the city.

The two make their way out of the city through the dusty and dark path. Alice holds on to Derek’s shirt as they blindly make their way.

After a while Derek stops. He swings his leg and smashes the door open. The dawn light hits them.

“Where are we?” Alice says as her eyes try to focus.

“We are almost near the safe house.”

Derek walks over. He is looking down at Eve who is fast asleep. He pulls off the wrap and hands it Alice.

“Can you hold her for me?”

Alice grabs her, “Of course.”

Derek sits down, “Sorry I need to rest for a second.”

“No worries.” She puts the wrap on and sits down next to Derek. “Thanks for saving me back there.”

“No problem. You kept Eve safe. I should be the one thanking you.”

“No problem.” She thinks on how to ask the question on her mind, “So, what happened back there?”

“What do you mean? The s**t storm of an invasion or what?”

“I mean…with Lilly. What happened?”

“Oh.” Derek takes a deep breath. “When I arrived at the courtyard, a demon had her in it’s hands. I shot at it but it was still able to rip her in half.”

“I’m so sorry Derek. I know you must be feeling like crap.” She moves closer to him.

Derek gets up, “I think I’m rested enough, we need to get to the safe house and the oracle.”

“Who’s the Oracle?”

“She is some old wise woman which it seems like the evil creatures are afraid of.”

The two continue to walk. Alice notices they are on some sort of hill and the scenery is dead. The two walk a little more and get to the top of the hill. Alice looks over it and sees a long black bricked tower.

She thinks to herself that must be the place.

They walk towards and soon after arrive there. Derek pushes open the large wooden door and they walk in. Derek grabs a torch and lights it. The two look around the seemingly open room.

“Where is she?” Alice points at the stairs, “Do we have to go all the way up to the top?”

“No, the oracle is a bit of a trickster.” He walks over to an old rug on the floor, he pulls it up to relieve a secret door, “We go down.”

The two walk down a set of stair to a fully lite room. The two see an old woman sitting there. She looks at them and speaks,

“Welcome Mr. Castle and Miss. White.”



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

verry gripping. I couldn't stay a way so I will have to trust you. Like I said very gripping love the action. Couple mistakes here and there but not enough for me to stop reading. Moving on to next chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Derek ignores the question and goes to his trunk. With his one free hand, he picks up guns and ammo. He hands some of them to the Alice."
Right here, didn't fit. I was thinking he could've done one of two things. A) he could've ignored Alice and said, "I wasn't talking to you," bringing up Eve (it would show the love and care he has for Eve), or B.) he could answer her with some sarcastic remark, such as, "Thanks for watching over my daughter..." (just little ideas that came on the top of my head) It may show more irritation towards the fact that Lilly died. This has progressed a lot. Good pace

Posted 12 Years Ago


I quite enjoyed this chapter, and how it ended not with tension but still with interest which makes me want to read on. I'm intrigued to see who this Oracle is and to find out more about her.

Posted 12 Years Ago


something strange yet awesome....
...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw but I liked Lilly.

Okay to be honest not a first. The description of her made me not like her too much. Just some history i have had to deal with played a part in that. The fact the she was Dereks sister redeemed her a lot i n my perspective. A quite touching story :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


It was great! Can't wait for more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is awesome so far with the potential to be epic. Excellent work. Keep it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing book! I want to read more! Please send a read request to me when you add more chapters.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK!!!! you need to send me read requests for every chapter you add, it is such an amazing book!!!!! I read the chapter you requested and had to go all the way to the beggining because i wanted to read the whole thing...... I am intrigued by what is going to happen next and how Alice is going to turn out and if shes ever going to tell him what happened to her or if hes ever going to completely tell her what happened to him, his wife, and why the Zombie Queen is after him...she seems to really want him badly, I have a couple Crack Pot theries about this but hey Im probably wrong but oh well its still going to be EPIC and just words cannot describe how amazing this book is....

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an awesome book so far, it is really fast moving but that doesn't matter cuz when reading I never get bored. Nice write.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1226 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on January 14, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..