Answers and Solutions

Answers and Solutions

A Chapter by Reaper

Alice struggles to want to read the remaining page of Derek’s journal.  She has no clue what it will say. Just simple how his day was or some other major news.


She grips the journal with all her might. She starts to open then swings it close. She repeats that several times. She thinks to herself finally.


F**k it


She throws open the journal and goes to the last page.

 

Date: July 30th 2013

This is going to be a random entry and probably my last. To start off, I have been looking for clues where Dyson went to but still haven’t found anything. He skipped town and probably the state, hopefully get caught by some unholy thing and was ripped apart.


But Dyson did leave me a parting gift. He sent hit on me to finish the job. A single man sneaked into my quarters and before I could defend myself I was shot. The bullet hit me straight into where my left breast pocket was.


I should be dead.


Instead, the red gem I found was there and exploded all over the room landing on everything.


Next I reached and got my gun. Shot and ended his life pretty fast.


That night, I had my worst night of sleep. Fever, chills, and the inability to stop shaking.


That gem did something to me.


When I woke up. I felt good as new. But that gem for sure did something to me and the others in my room…

 



Alice reads the last line filling her head in wonder. What the f**k happened? Who else was there?


Alice is last in thought till a hard knock rings in the room.


She jumps to her feet and answers the door. There is the old oracle. Her pale white wrinkled skin bunched together. Coupled with what seemed like endless amount of age spots. 


She hoarsely says, “We need to talk.”


Alice looks at her, “What is it?”


“Well I have been searching my orb and I found where Derek is.”


Alice’s face turns to shock, “where?”


“Slow down. I don’t know he is even alive. And where he is it would be a miracle if he was?”


Alice ignores the oracle’s doubts, “Where is he?”


“Ten miles from here. In an old military barrack.”


Alice turns from the door to go pack a bag. “Can you give me a map?”


“Yes. But it’s not safe for you to go there.”


“Why?” Alice loads her only two guns. First the pistol that has a silver bullet in the chamber and six

normal ones. And second, shotgun with six rounds.


“It’s a dangerous zone.”


“I don’t care. I need to find him.”


“Okay, I guess I understand but can you do two things for me?”


“What are they?”


“One second.” The oracle leaves for a few moments then comes back with a handful of weapons.


Alice puts her pistol in the back of her jeans and puts her shotgun in a strap. She throws on a strap of the oracle’s knives. There are three medium size knives on it, all sharp as possible. Lastly she throws over a samurai sword over her back.


The oracle walks up to her and speaks, “Borrow those and the other thing I need you to do is leave the baby here.”


“Why?”


“It’s too dangerous there and it will be hard enough protecting yourself.”


“Makes sense. Can you handle her?”


“I raised five kids so I can handle a baby.”


“Okay. I won’t be long.”


Alice walks over to Eve and kisses her forehead. She whispers to her. “I’m bringing your daddy home.”

The oracle leaves and meets Alice at the door before she leaves. The oracle hands her the map and Alice departs on her journey.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting and nice piece of work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Way to short. You should know I hate short chapters because it makes me turn the page. Awesome write. Moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"But that gem for sure did something to me and the others in my room…" So ominous, it makes me want to know more about this gem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Huh., The irony. A gem, shaped like a heart, red like a heart. In all truth, the heart was taken by the bullet, just the wrong heart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


would love to leave a great comment but i am just going to keep reading if thats okay?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Damn!! She's load down to the nines with weapons!!! :) Beast Chick that she is..poor Eve being left alone..

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very cool.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ooohh weapons!!! I liked it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You nailed a nice suspense and new mystery in this short chapter.
I see one small quick fix. ‘Alice is last in thought till a hard knock rings in the room.’
I’m guessing you mean Alice is lost in thought.
This is still a killer story through and through.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like her thoughts and desire after reading the diary. Having concern for Derek and insuring the baby will be took care of. No weakness in this amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

737 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2012
Last Updated on March 5, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..