The cat goes Meow

The cat goes Meow

A Chapter by Reaper

Alice remembers a story of when she found a lost cat. She named it Chester. He was orange and black with short fur. He had patches of furs and must have lost some of it in fights. The whole creature seemed to be trashed from years of abuse.

Alice gave it a good home. Till one day, the cat left or got lost. But she never saw it again.

 

Now Alice is walking in a fire burnt forest surrounded but sickly broken trees and bare grey rocks. She is nearly to where Derek should be. Every moment in her head is thinking if he is still alive.


A mile to go.


Suddenly there is a crash behind her. She hears a set of footsteps.


Alice turns and looks around. Nothing.


She turns back now gripping her pistol.


Another noise. Alice is frozen. She turns back.

Nothing.


Her stellar green eyes search for something.


A voice is heard.


“Hello.”


Alice can’t move and speak.


The voice is heard again, “Hello?”


Alice hesitates but speaks softly, “Hi.”


“What is a pretty lady like you doing in my neck of the woods?”


Alice turns around to the path and is about to make a break for it but the voice speaks again.


“I wouldn’t do that.”


Alice turns back around and sees whose voice it is.


Standing there in a black robe and cloths combo is a tall man. Maybe not a man, it’s face was red and with a black cross on it’s face. On top of it’s head was black horns.


The creature speaks to Alice, “So I’ll ask my question again, are you are going here?”


“I’m just going through this woods, I don’t want any trouble.”


“Where are you going?”


Alice can’t say because she doesn’t know what or who this is. “Just trying to find a place to stay.”


“I know a place. There is a barrack, a mile from here. I can take you.”


Alice hesitates. The creature sees it and replies. “My name is Reaper. I’m a demon. But I wish not to harm you. I’m just exploring this place for a tower.”


Alice raises her eyebrow, “What’s in the tower?”


“Just a thing I need to pick up for a friend.”


“Well that’s a broad statement.”


“It is. But you don’t need to worry your pretty little head on what is it.”


Alice starts to turn but Reaper walks ahead of her and calls back “follow me.”


Alice follows knowing it will follow her anyways.


The two travel to the barracks. They walk in silence.


After a few minutes, they arrive at the grey door of the barracks. Reaper looks at Alice.


“This is where we part ways.”


Alice hesitates. And thinks to her herself.

What if he is going to the Oracle’s tower? But what if I take him with me inside? Would it kill both of us?


Alice decides. “Bye”


Reaper turns to leave but says one last thing, “Say hello to him for me.”


Alice is confused but she pushes open the door and heads inside.


She pulls out a lighter so she can barely navigate to where she thinks Derek is being held.


She pushes through the dust and cobwebs. Deeper and deeper she goes till she sees a light. The sun hits the roof of the barracks maybe from a crack or spot missing it hits the barrack’s floor.


Her eyes hit the center of the light. A giant steel cross is in the center. Her eyes meets Derek’s who isn’t beaten too badly but is covered in blood, maybe his own, strapped to the cross.


Alice runs over and cuts him loose. Derek falls to the floor. Alice leans down to pick him up. Derek looks up and speaks.


“It’s a trap.”


“What do you mean? “ Alice turns to look for something to wipe the blood off of him.


“Whoever took me here wanted Eve. Do you have her with you?”


“No. Why do they want her?”


“Not sure. I don’t know even know who took me here. And I don’t blame you for not bringing her here.” Derek gets to his feet, barely.


Alice finds some old military leisure cloths for Derek. “Here,” Alice tosses him the clothes.


Derek removes his bloody clothes as Alice stares at his naked blood strained body.


Derek doesn’t even notice it, he just quietly puts the blue faded jeans and old ragged white tee shirt.


Derek looks at, “How are you doing?”


Such a simple question but in these times, it’s kind of never asked. But it’s nice to be asked it. “I’m doing okay. You know, as best I could be with not knowing where in god’s green earth you were at, raising a baby, getting here and oh yeah, seeing that freak outside.”


Derek looks at Alice with a bit of shock. “He was still out there?”


“Yes. Do you know him? He said hi.”


“He is an old…friend, in a way.”


“Okay,” Alice looks at Derek in a weird way, “We talk about something else as we rush back to the place.”


Derek looks at her as the two about to leave, “What is it?”


“So… what are we going to do about that kiss I gave you before you left?”

Derek hesitates. “Well how do you feel about me? Was it just for good luck or something more?”


Alice burst at the seams, “I like you.”


Derek hesitates. “I like you too.”


Alice looks into Derek’s eyes. “So now what?”


“Well it’s a bit complicated but when we get Eve and we are safe, can we talk about in deep detail? I just want to tell you all the risks and stuff you should know about me. If you still want to be together then we will make it work.”


Alice smiles. “I understand that. Of course we can talk about it later; we need to rush to get Eve. And I don’t think there is anything you could say to prevent me from liking you.”


Derek walks over and kisses Alice on the cheek, “let’s go. And thank you for saving me today.”


Alice smiles big, “Well I owe you a few so it’s all good.”


The two run down the cave hallway out to the woods.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting write. enjoyed it. Great chapter :))

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interestingly nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kind of romantic but don't over do it heren better to wait a few more chapters before getting serius. Love the new demon duded. Moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this chapter, and the character Reaper, even though he has a small part now. I just have on question; has the title of this chapter got anything to do with anything? I like it though, I like all the names of these chapters, they're creative, even if they don't make sense.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwww. i really really love this chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh No!! You are so mean to me!! I am totally hook and a hopeless romantic :p

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting chapter that leads the reader on to read some more. You have your own simple but yet unusual style of writing and expression. There is minimal description but it surfices enough to give imagery to the reader's mind. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Friend of sorts is he with the Reaper?? That one kinda caught me...friends?? Probably more like needs to fulfill a promise to the creature..but then again Derek isn't normal anymore either...reading on.. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice chapter, a bit mysterious and the ending gave a minute to think, awesome job as usual!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cool story. Easy to follow and the characters seem well put together.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

814 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Final Stand Final Stand

A Chapter by Alex Vidmar