RED: Inside and out

RED: Inside and out

A Chapter by Reaper

Derek sits there out of breath already a few miles into his journey to find Reaper and Eve but he still a mile or so away where they were last seen. He needs a break; he hasn’t eaten in days and hasn’t found food on his journey. His body is at its breaking point.


Derek thinks to himself about his journey in this weird life of his. But it starts to fade because of the lack of food. He uses his last remaining mental power to picture Maddy. Her long flowing blonde hair, white skin untouched by the sun and just the most stunning hazel eyes.


A tear hits his dirty face with the idea; he will never see her again like that. He lost her picture at the Oracle’s place where Alice must have seen and left it in his journal.


Derek wipes the tear from his face leaving a clean mark that looks so out of place for this world. Then he gets up. He forces all this energy into moving forward and getting Eve back.


Derek walks pass a few dozen grey medium sized rocks. He continues through a small edge of a forest then is still standing. Each tree looks healthy and strong. The smells of untouched nature hit his nose. It smells good, it smells refreshing.


After an hour or so he gets to the spot where they should be. He looks around but doesn’t see anything. His eyes narrow to get in every detail of the area, but still nothing.


Then he hears a sound a short distance away. He runs over towards it and looks pass a huge brown rock that is shielding the source of the noise. There he sees about twenty or so zombie surrounding an object. Each one with terrible fast decayed flesh and crimson blood, probably not their own, dripping from their disgusting mouths.


He moves closer to see the object they have surrounded. It’s a cage. He moves closer, narrowing his eyes to try to make it out. Something is in the cage. He gets really close and sees Eve’s blanket in there just as he steps down on a large stick.

The stick snaps in half with a large noise.


All the zombies turn with now full attention him. There single thought is to now rip him to pieces.


“F**K!”


Derek reaches for his pistols and fires them. The bullets scream across the distance between them. The noise of each bullet fills the half dark night’s air. Each bullet clearly strikes a zombie in some area of its body. Their blood spill all over the dusty ground.


6…5…4…3…2…1


Derek shoots his last pistol bullet straight into the zombie forehead then its brains spread over the floor.


The number of zombie has decreased by half as Derek pull out his rifle. He fires and hits a few. He thinks, I should have used this in the beginning.

Three zombies rush him and knock his gun to the floor. Derek reaches for it but a zombie drives on it nearly biting him.


Derek withdraws his hand and pulls for his knife in strap on his boot. He quickly swings it up at the zombie nearest him hitting his throat spilling its blood on himself and the other zombies.


A zombie lunges for Derek’s hand but lands into his knife. Derek has to drop it because it’s stuck inside of its head.


Derek stands there. Face to face with a zombie. He swings at the zombie striking it in the face. He swings and swings till the zombie falls to dirt floor.


Derek pins the zombie down. He strikes it a few more time making his knuckles raw. He looks around at dirt floor. He reaches for his rifle but grabs a rock by it instead.

Derek grips the rock hard and then starts to beat the hell out of the zombie. Strike after strike till the zombie goes limp but he still he continues to strike it.


As he is striking, a smile hits his face. He smiles as the zombie’s blood hits his face.

He is lost in his own world of relieving the trouble pain inside of him. He’s so lost that he doesn’t hear the footsteps behind him as a black bag covers his head then gets tied up.


Derek’s world is dark as he’s forced to his feet then lead away. He struggle but it’s worthless to try. After a few moments he is pushed into something as the dark hood is taken away.


He forces his eyes to adjust to the setting. He is in some type of cart surrounded by steel prison bars. He leans back against it.


“F**k…” The words escape his mouth when he hears an answer to it.


“What a dumb a*****e.”


Derek looks up even though he knows whose voice it is, “F**k you Dyson.”


Dyson stand tall outside of the cart. Medium size brown hair with a pale complexion.


He smiles at Derek, “Long time no see.”


“Well I didn’t runaway like a little b***h like you did.”


“You talk big but you aren’t in position to talk.”


“Why don’t you let me out and we will see who the big one is?”


Dyson looks at him angrily, “well at least I’m not in a cage like an animal and with

him.” He points over at a sitting Reaper. Reaper waves at Derek.


Derek looks next to him to see the Oracle sitting there almost in a sleep.


Dyson leans in to the cage, “sit tight and try not to kill each other till we make it to our destination.”


Dyson leaves and the cart takes off.


Reaper moves over to sit next to Derek, “hey buddy.”


“What the f**k do you want?” Derek looks pissed as his face matches the red of the blood on it.


Reaper hands him a rag, “Woah there buddy, relax.”


Derek cleans the blood off his face, “you let them get her.”


“They ambushed us. I fought as long as I could.” Reaper hands him some bread.


Derek doesn’t want to take it but needs the extra energy from it, “Is she here?”


Derek eats the whole thing in one bite.


“Probably not, they wanted to take her to the castle ahead of us.” Reaper hands him a bigger piece of old bread, “eat up, you will need energy.”


Derek frowns as he fights through the toughness of the bread then points at the oracle, “shes the one who made this happen.”


The oracle sits there ignoring him.


Reaper leans towards Derek then whispers, “kill her.”


Derek turns to look at him, “I rather not.”


“Why can’t you kill humans?”


“Because I am human. And I can kill anything; she doesn’t deserve my energy in killing her.”


“Fine” Reaper moves away from Derek, “I always have to do your dirty work”


Reaper crawls over to the Oracle, she looks up at him. Reaper smiles, “Bye,” he wraps his hands around her neck. He applies force against her old wrinkled neck as she struggles to get lose. She digs at his hands to save herself but it doesn’t work. Slowly the life drains from her. She’s gone.


Reaper lets her go and moves back to sit next to Derek. Derek thinks he could have stopped him but part of him didn’t want to.


Reaper looks over at Derek, “we need to escape.”


“I need to. But you deserve to be stuck here.”


“But you need my help in escaping. There are a lot of guards.”


Derek hesitates, “okay. I guess I have no choice.”


“Yay! Let me do the killing.”


“I want Dyson at least.”


“Okay. I’ll let you have him. But how do we get out?”


“Get the pocketknife from my belt, those idiots didn’t search me.”


“Well what do you expect? They are mindless zombies.” Reaper gets the

pocketknife and cuts Derek loose. Then he uses the pocketknife to jimmy the lock.

After a few moments, it opens. Reaper looks at Derek.


 “Oh there is something else you should know...”



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with VannahBanana, more detail. I'VE TOLD YOU THIS BEFORE, I'LL TELL YOU AGAIN, DUDE! MORE. FREAKING. DETAIL.
If you don't add more detail, I'm going to sic a ninja on u!!
(sorry, I'm not the most serious of reviews hahaha)



You've been warned :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cliff hanger. Damn your good. Now I must turn thd page for two reasons. One. What's going to happen next second. Conversation lost. Moving on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmm. I think this is good. I think whenever you read over this, you should add more detail. I believe in my heart that if you overcome your amount of detail on each chapter, this book will truly be .. spectacular

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like the battle and the assistance Derek received. I like how he gain his freedom and the mystery at the end of the chapter. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great action packed chapter. The sarcastic air of Reaper is fast becoming the top of my favorite thing in the story. I love (or hate) his hook, leaving waiting for the other shoe to drop. Now what!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was pretty suspenseful in the first part but by the end it was awesome XD Reaper's a little kid XD it rocked!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is amazing, atleast Reaper came in hand in this one and he is finally gonna get his chance at Dyson.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You know, as much as I don't trust Reaper, he is a really funny character.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

702 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2012
Last Updated on March 9, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Being Blind ~ Being Blind ~

A Poem by Pax