Kingdom of Corpses

Kingdom of Corpses

A Chapter by Reaper

Alice looks in the old wooden trunk for something for Eve to wear. She finds an average white tee shirt and hands it to Eve. Eve puts it on. Alice finds some skinny jeans that will probably fit Eve. Alice finds some underwear that she hopes is clean then hands them to Eve. She puts them on and then the jeans. All nicely fit.


Alice gets a pair of sharp scissors but only under the supervision of the vampire guard.


Alice cuts a few holes in Eve’s red blanket. She uses some old needle and thread to make the blanket wearable. The place is a bit cold and she doesn’t want Eve to get sick.


Eve just loved this blanket so much; it was the only thing she would have wanted to wear over the basic white shirt and blue jeans she had on. Alice hemps it and makes a hood in it for her.


Alice hands her the now looking red cloak. Eve slides it on and smiles at Alice.


“Thank you mommy.” Eve snuggles in it, “so comfortable.”


Alice thinks of correct her but doesn’t want to, “How do you know these other words? And no problem sweetie.”


“I don’t know. I just think what I want to say and the words just fall out.” Eve blushes.


“Okay. How are you feeling?”


“Weird…” Eve looks around, “I still don’t understand what happened and where I am.”


“Do you have any memories?”


“Yeah a few. I remember a few things.” Eve bites her nails.


“What do you remember?” Alice curiosity peaks.


“Just being a baby, seeing my dad and seeing you.”


“You remember your dad? And you think I’m your mother?”


Eve smiles, “Yeah I remember him, I love him, where is he? And yeah, I love you

mommy.” Eve smiles big and kisses Alice on the cheek.


Alice thinks it will break her heart if she has to tell her she isn’t her mother. So I guess she has to pretend for now and figure out something later.


Maddy and the other vampire guard comes in. Maddy motions for Alice and Eve to follow her.


The five of them go into a room. Maddy motions for Alice to sit and for Eve to come over to her.


Maddy looks deep into Eve’s eyes, “we will be powerful together. Mother and daughter ruling all the lands.”


Eve looks back at her still waiting her red cloak, “you aren’t my mother.”

Maddy smiles, “I am. Don’t you remember me? Did Alice tell you she was your mother?”


Maddy looks at Alice, “how dare you tell her lies?”


Eve grabs Maddy’s shoulder, “I know Alice isn’t my real mother. But my real mother is dead. You are just the hollow remains of her.”


Maddy slaps her to ground. Alice gets up and goes towards Maddy, ready to kill to her.


One the guard catches her and falls her back, making her break a wooden chair. Alice rolls over and gets a piece of the wood. She grips it and stabs it inside of the vampire.


Nothing happens.


The vampire laughs loudly, “Poor girl, you have read too many of the old stories.” He pulls out the wood piece and throws it to the other side of the room.


The vampire leans down to punch Alice, but she dodges it and gets to her feet.


She slides forward and pulls a knife from the vampire’s belt.


“Alice, drop it. We can’t win.” Eve says as she dusts herself off.


Just then Reaper and Dyson burst into the room. Dyson speaks first, “we have sighted Derek.”


“Where is he?” Maddy says.


“Outside of the castle.”


Maddy stares at Dyson, “then why isn’t he here?”


Dyson fumbles with his words, “he was shot and he ran off.”


Maddy punches him knocking Dyson to the ground, “I said bring him back alive. He better not be dead.”


Dyson lays there, “why do you care if he is alive? Don’t you love me?”


Maddy kicks him in the face, “Go find him now!”


Dyson gets up and dusts himself off then leaves the room. He is pissed so much that his face is bright red and his blood is boiling.


Reaper walks over to Maddy, “I think it’s best for you three to leave till I can get this under control.” Reaper thinks to himself, only I get to kill Derek.


Maddy walks over to Reaper and bites his neck, “there is a little extra something for you to get him with no problems with.”


Reaper feels the zombie virus course in his black almost rotten veins. He stands there in bliss remembering the first time he found out that this gave him more power and energy.


One day in the past, Reaper was alone in Derek’s quarters. He dropped a paint brush and when he reached for it, Maddy bit him. The power rushed inside of him. Then he finally listened to Maddy and released her. The two escaped and started to discover their powers and start their kingdom of corpses.


That’s when the feelings of hate towards Derek started and it never went away.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the conversation in this chapter. Derek must think quick and figure a logical plan. A entertaining chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great write .. excellent chapter :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love the little history. Bite. Very nice indeed. Go back through and reread to make it better. Moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice write, nicely penned!

Posted 12 Years Ago


As I read into the chapter, a big smile emerged on my face. What a smart direction to go, one fairytale bleeding into another one.
I liked the warm bonding moments of daughter and surrogate mommy in the beginning.
I did become a little lost with ‘Eve looks back at her still waiting her red cloak, “you aren’t my mother.”’ Did you mean wearing instead of waiting?

Posted 12 Years Ago


What is a good story without a little drama.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the little light humor in this serious book :)

I know i should probably give more elaborate posts but im really absorbed in your book.

As for the book I am very happy I now know why Reaper is with Maddy. I think it is sweet Eve still calls Alice her mother even though she knows shes not. On top of that i woud have probably have acted like Alice and not have told Eve that I wasnt her mother. I dont know how innocent Eve is and most children are not predictable when given news such as that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked Eve telling off Maddy, that was pretty good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow

Posted 12 Years Ago


Reaper is a fascinating character.
And so, how much did Eve age? She seems quite smart.
Good write. I'm looking forward to more.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2024 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2012
Last Updated on March 17, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Auden Auden

A Poem by Nitesh Mahabal