Last Hope

Last Hope

A Chapter by Reaper

Derek crawls from his hiding place after he feels enough time has passed from them looking for his bloody body. He crawls on the dirty ground with rocks and gravel hitting his wounds making it feel worse. He finally gets some strength and is able to stand. He holds his side to make sure the blood doesn’t escape his body too quickly.


He clings to life. That’s when it hits him. The last thing he would ever want to do but the thing he must do to save himself and the girls. He’s on his last hope.


Derek stumbles along through a grassland field. The long grass hits his legs but he barely feels it because of the pain in his stomach and the shoulder. So much pain. It’s unbearable.


Derek uses the full moon’s light to guide him on his journey. He gets out of the grassland to a formation of dark grey rocks at the edge of a forest normally filled with white winter snow but it’s not the right season for it, thank god. He slides himself in a dark and spider filled cave. He stumbles through hitting every edge of it as the rocks poke his body.


Derek finally stops.


“I need help, please. You owe me.”


A noise is heard in the back of dark cave and suddenly Derek’s world goes black.


He lays there as the pool of blood fills the cave ground around him as someone approaches his body.

 


 

At the castle


Reaper already left to go get Derek a few minutes before.


Maddy stands there a bit pissed, “Okay, so Dyson you make sure Derek gets here and gets his gun shoot fixed and dressed. Okay?”


Dyson nods but really doesn’t care if he survives.


“Alice, Eve and I, will be outside on the lake so we don’t have to see all this mess.”

Maddy says as she motions for Eve an Alice to follow.


Dyson goes to stop her, “take guards, just in case.”


Maddy looks at him, “okay, but you better get this whole situation under control.”


Dyson nods and leaves.


Alice looks at Maddy and thinks, it seems like she can’t see Derek harmed, does she still care? No way…


Maddy starts to leave. Alice holds Eve’s hand and makes her follow. Eve shouldn’t see Derek like that. Bloody and in pain.  Mainly Alice doesn’t want to see him like that.


The three girls walk out to the almost blinding moonlight. It’s at its peak in the night and it’s a sight to be seen. The three board an old wooden boat. It’s actually pretty well put together and could hold a lot of people.


Maddy’s two vampire guards run over and in the boat first. They help Maddy in, then Alice and then finally Eve. The five of us sit there and the guards start to row the boat out.


The boat hits the small waves as the deep navy water reflects the moon and the dark outline of the castle fades.


Maddy stares at Alice and Eve, and words finally escape her mouth, “to be honest, us three need to work out our differences. I’m going to be the ruler of everything, but I need you Eve to help me and I need you Alice to make sure she grows up correctly.”


“I don’t want to be used for evil.” Eve says almost in a cry.


“But you have to. It’s you destiny. No matter what you will be evil when you are sixteen. Why not help on your mother?” Maddy puts her hand on Eve’s face,

“There are far more evil things out there then me. Let me clean up this world.”


Alice speaks up, “what do you mean clean it up?”


“Killing off all the sin. I would kill every soulless creature out there, human or beast.” Maddy smiles at them.


“But what about your zombie?” Alice asks.


“I would kill them off once I have the upper hand. I’m not the bad guy here. I want the world clean.”


Eve and Alice are a bit speechless. Alice thinks, could this be a good thing?

 


In the castle.


Reaper walks through the courtyard, dragging Derek’s almost lifeless body behind me. Clouds of dust hit the air caused from Derek’s body.


Reaper drags him in the conference room and then picks him up. He puts Derek over his shoulder and leans him against the cold stone table. The torch lights illuminate the window.


Dyson walks over facing Derek, “he looks like complete s**t.”


Reaper nods and joins Dyson facing Derek in the center of the room where the moonlight illuminates the two and rest of the huge room but not Derek or the table by a few inches.


Dyson looks at Reaper, “we should kill him.”


Reaper looks back, “we should, we could say he pulled a gun out and we had too.”


Dyson smiles, “sounds like a plan to me.” Dyson thinks to himself, then I’ll kill


Reaper and then have Maddy all to myself.


Derek feels a little life reenter his body. Derek gets balanced on his own feet and starts to stumble towards Reaper and Dyson.


Reaper and Dyson look at each other than Derek. They raise their guns and fire. Bullets echo in the room as they connect with Derek’s flesh.


Derek’s blood spreads all over the stone table behind him as his weight makes him fall forward. His body lands at Dyson’s feet as the moonlight highlights the blood surrounding Derek’s body.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

An excellent chapter :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the description of the escape with the vampires. I like the ending. Derek's life is in the wrong hands. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh so short. .. not fair. Moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh the suspense made me scream What-What-N0! Of course that was a mental scream. I can’t do that out loud. People already think I’m strange laughing at myself reading EMF’s crazy PI stories. If I start shouting random words they will start thinking I have tourettes too. Enough of my rambling and back to the story at hand.
Great flow of the story, I never lost track of where and what was going on. Killer chapter, definitely not a place to stop reading. A little editing and it will be even better.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i liked this chapter great job keep up the good work and thanks for sharing you r lovely work with me .... i give you a 100 on your rating

Posted 12 Years Ago


Intense!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I hate you.....

But I am still wondering about what happened to Derek in the cave....

Posted 12 Years Ago


I havent read this yet... but after this is the last chapter you posted dun dun dunnnn

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well that's different, suddenly Maddy's good. Also Derek's dead.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

810 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2012
Last Updated on March 18, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..