Hungry for the the Kill

Hungry for the the Kill

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Four: Hungry for the Kill

The seven walk outside on the cold night. The chill wind is making it way worst to be in. Alice is leading the group. This is her first time ever leading anything. It’s both thrilling and horrible.

The seven sing together an old song from a very fitting storybook tale.

 

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? The big bad wolf, the big bad wolf?

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

We aren’t afraid yall, we aren’t afraid,

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? The big bad wolf

The big bad wolf, who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

We aren’t afraid yall, we aren’t afraid

 

As the group gets a little ways away from the village when they stop singing.

Alice tries to warm herself in her cloak.

“It looks like someone needs a warm hug” Aaron says as he walks up to her.

Alice gives off a false smile, “It’s okay, and I’m warm enough.”

“Okay, just know it’s here for you when you need one.” Aaron smiles and winks.

Alice ignores him and tries not puke at his cheesiness. She stops and motions for the group to stop.

“Okay, so we need to split up. Karina, Matt and I will go west.” No way was she going to spend the night with Aaron. “The rest will go east. Meet back here in a few hours, around like 10:30.” Surprisingly time was still valid and never stopped being taken, though it may be harder now there is no sun. “If you see a wolf, remember your training, always aim for the heart. Good luck all.”

The groups spilt up. Alice spilt it up mainly to diverse the power, knowing Katrina was the strongest and Matt being the weakest. And she kind of wanted to see if Matt really had a crush on Eve.

The group walks in silence. But Karina finally breaks the silence.

“Hey Alice, I have a question for you.”

Alice turns around for a moment, “Shoot.”

“Why don’t you go with Aaron? He obviously likes you, and you are single. What else do you need?”

Alice hesitates, “He’s just not my type.”

“So it’s not like you have a lot of choices here, like Darnell and Megan have a thing, and Matt likes your sister Eve.”

That sounded weird to Alice at first but then she remembered their lie of being sisters. Mother and daughter relationship wouldn’t make since because to them, Alice was only a few years older than Eve.

“Hey, you don’t need to tell her that.” Matt yells out and blushes.

“Oh hush, it doesn’t matter. Everyone can see that you like her,” Katrina winks back at her, “Hey if you don’t want Aaron, I’ll take him.”

Alice smiles and laugh, “he’s all yours then. Plus I have someone else that my heart belongs to.”

Katrina smiles but it suddenly fades.

Alice who is face to face with her, “what’s wrong?” She looks over and sees Matt’s face is now pale as a ghost.

Katrina raises her weapon. Alice knows something must be behind her. Alice ducks and lands on the snowy floor as Katrina fires her gun.

The brown bigger than normal werewolf takes the missed killing blow and swings its huge paw at Katrina. It strikes her across her face as she flies to the floor. Her blood fills up the snow around her.

Alice gets up from the snow and fires her gun. It lands just next to the sweet spot.

Matt turns to run but the beast blocks his way. Matt cries out in horror

“Save me Jesus!”

Alice fires again and connects with the beast’s heart. It falls to the floor and lands particularly on top of Matt.

Alice runs over as multiple screams and howls are heard in the distance. Alice struggles but is able to pull Matt from underneath.

“Matt, go make sure Katrina is not dead. I’m going to go check on the others.”

Matt lays there in shock; Alice slaps him across the face, “Go now!”

Matt snaps back to reality then gets to his feet and heads over to check on Katrina. Alice runs off towards the screams.

Alice starts to run at a very fast pace but she can feel that something is following her. She looks to her left and sees a smaller wolf, black fur and covered from its wolf ears to its wolf tail in blood.

          Alice stops and faces it. Then yells out.

“Come on you little b***h!”

Alice fires the rest of her clips at it. The beast doesn’t stand a chance. The second bullet hits it in the heart and the other three bullets are just overkill.

Alice reloads her gun and takes off getting closer to the screams. She dodges trees and is almost near it. She enters a clearing to see the scene.

She sees the bloody mess. Darnell is bloody and ripped apart in the center of the clearing. His chest is clearly open so one of the beasts must have fed.

Next Alice sees the Colton and Megan surrounded by three beasts. One with brown fur and the other two have dark black fur. Alice never understood why they had different colors of fur.

Alice fires her gun hit one in the shoulder but gets the attention of all three of them. One of them as an act of dominate power, it slams its paw into Colton hitting his heart. Colton falls to the floor, easily dead.

Alice fires a round that hits the brown that killed Colton. The bullet goes straight into its heart. And it crashes to the snow. The blood just rolls out of its mouth onto the snow.

The other two wolves get approaching closer. One goes in for the attack, she fires and hits it. The beast hits the tree behind her. Alice ducks and rolls over in the wet snow.

          Alice lays there in the snow and fires her gun towards the third wolf. A few bullets hit it but no kill shots. Alice looks at the beast as it approaches, and she’s out of ammo.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes this is what I love about you're writing. You didn't disappoint me and gave me a hard hitting action packed chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nooooooo Alice can no die D: someone random will come in and save her T^T good chapter I love the book so far.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good chapter. A lot of action. I like the battle scene. Left a open ending for the reader. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like this chapter you can see where the characters come into play quite well. Action is your talent if I must say so myself. You are great and building and leading up to a what I would call a minor climax.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mama b***h Mama b***h

A Poem by Kitten