Tick Tock time's running out, watch the clock.

Tick Tock time's running out, watch the clock.

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Seven: Tick Tock time's running out, watch the clock.


          Eve and Scarth grew closer as the week passed. Both start to bloom some very strong feelings for each other.


          Eve walks over to Alice’s holding cell. Eve hadn’t been able to see her for the last week.


          Eve looks at Alice who hasn’t eaten much since she has been locked up. Alice is very sickly now.


          Eve hands Alice some scraps of food she gathered and some food Scarth saved up for her.


“How are you holding up?” Eve ask with a tear in her eye.


Alice eats the food fast, “I’m okay. Thanks for the food. How are you feeling?”


Eve smiles really big. Alice notices, “what is it?’ Alice smiles back.


“I met this amazing guy.”


“Aww, what is his name?”


“Scarth. He lives in Arbor.”


“Aww that’s sweet.” Alice smiles, “I need to meet him soon.”


“You will, once you get out of here. When is the trial?”


“In a few minutes, Claire wanted to push it through.”


Two guards walk up, one speaks up, “It’s time.”


They pull out Alice and march her to the common room. The room is filled with all type of different people in the town.


Alice gets to the stand and the room is focused in on her. Eve takes a seat watching it all unfold.


Claire addresses the people.


“We are here to settle the case of wrongful death. Alice White killed Aaron Jacobs in the forest about nine days ago. We are here to decide on what happened, and what will be her punishment. Also, we need to decide if she could have done a better job leading the hunting group.”


Claire motions for Alice to address the people. Alice looks out at them then speaks.


“I did kill him. But it was in self-defense. He tried to rape me out there. I fought back and he got killed. I shouldn’t be punished for that. And for the leading the group part. We were ambushed. I couldn’t have done anything better. I’m sorry for the loss of lives but it wasn’t my fault.”

The people start to chat among themselves. The overall feeling is that Alice didn’t do anything wrong.


Claire looks at the three men that are her advisors.


“I will ask the advisors on what they want to do then I’ll make the final decision.” She motions for them to speak, “What do you decide?”


“Alice White is not guilty of all charges.”


The people clap and Eve feels at peace.


Claire yells out, “Silence!” The people stop suddenly and they shut their mouths. “I have listened to all the evidence and I decide.” She pauses, “Alice White is guilty of all charges and will be sentenced to death in three days.”


The people roar with anger and Eve runs up to Alice.


Eve yells out to Alice, “What should I do?”


Alice looks at her, “our plan C.”


Eve nods.


Plan C was the plan in place where Eve would get some supplies and try to break her loose and the two would escape.


Eve leaves the room as Alice is taken back to the jail cell. Eve runs off into the forest heading to Arbor. She needs to see Scarth for the last time, maybe even get him to leave with her.


Eve gets to the city and finds Scarth in the bar. She runs up to him and grabs his shoulder.


“We need to talk.” Eve panicky says.


Scarth is a little shocked but nods.


The two get outside, Scarth looks at her, “What’s up?”


“They sentenced Alice to death. I need to get her loose and escape.”

Scarth thinks for a few moments, “Okay I have a plan. Just try to relax and get supplies, I’ll get Alice loose.”


Eve hugs him, “thank you.” She breaks the hugs and looks up at him, then kisses his lips.


Scarth smiles against them then breaks the kiss, “It will be okay. Trust me.”


“Okay, thank you. How will get her loose?”


“I’ll figure something out. But first I need to see the cell so I know where it is in the city.”


“Okay, let’s go, it’s almost nightfall.”


“Yeah, we need to go fast. We can’t be out at night.”


The two take off to the town. They are running pretty fast. But Eve runs out of breath midway through the forest. Snow is pretty thick tonight.


“One second, I need a break.” Eve breathless says. She gasps for air.


“We need to go; the moon may come out any moment.”


“Okay.” She looks up. “S**t the moon is already here.”


She looks back at Scarth.


He is now down on the snow, moving around.


“Are you okay Scarth?”


His body twist and turns, “RUN EVE!”


Eve looks down at his body as it starts gain brown fur as Eve starts run towards the town.


Eve thinks, Oh my god, he is a werewolf.




© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy hell what a hook. Love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like the beginning. Discussing the trial of Alice. I like the surprise ending. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love it, and wow werewolf deffinantly was not expecting that one :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ok..if Scarth is a werewolf...maybe being out at a pub might not have been the best place for him...I'm assuming he already knew..hence the suprised look on his face when Eve showed up. I'm wondering if Derek isn't a piece of that pack out there attacking...he wouldn't know what Eve looked like since he only saw her as a baby. Alice yes..hmm...I agree Cliffhangers...grrr One thing I wonder is with Eve having such awesome powers...wouldn't you think she could sense his inner beast?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Eh? Oh no! He's a werewolf too -glub glub glub- Cliffhangers >_> I can't wait for the next chapter >_

Posted 12 Years Ago


Everyone is a werewolf!! Oh my gosh is there no mercy!! haha
Now lets be serious..

I feel like Alice was forgotten by Eve but I am happy she found a boy, she needed one ;)
I still feel bad that Alice is missing Derek... I would be so sad if i were Alice, but I know I would I through :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh noes! Poor eve, now her daddy AND her lover are werewolfs? Poor child! D':
Why does claire hate alice so freaking much? It makes me just wanna kick her in the lady balls!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH NO T^T bad werewolf! *flicks Scarth on the nose* and damn you Claire Alice didn't do anything wrong. :T buttmunch...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Scarth is a werewolf? Lovely. I can't wait to find out what happens.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

531 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2012
Last Updated on March 31, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..