When the Past becomes the Future

When the Past becomes the Future

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Eight: When the Past becomes the Future


          Eve runs in the forest as she hears howls behind her. Eve trips in the snow than tries to get to her back up to her feet.


         She can feel a presence behind her. She turns over and looks up to see a huge brown fur wolf stand over her. It’s drool hits her legs. It looks bigger than what Scarth turned into.


          Eve starts to try to gain up energy inside so she can launch an attack but when its time, another brown wolf tackles the one over her.

The brown beast howls out, “RUN!”


Eve gets up and runs towards the town. After a few moments she makes it inside. Claire sees her run inside but Eve ignores her and runs inside of her house. She locks the door behind her.


          Eve dives into the bed still clothed in her red cloak. She snuggles with it, just wanting to forget the night and to hold back her tears.

          Eve wakes up knowing she still needs to talk to Scarth. Her feelings didn’t change for him but it definitively was a bit weird now.


          Eve gets dressed in Alice’s brown leather hunting outfit and finishes it off with her red cloak. Many people in town purely knew her from that cloak. They also thought she was stupid because red stands out. Little did they know wolves are color blind.


          Eve waits till about noon and starts off to Arbor. She has a lot on her mind but knows getting Alice out is the most important.


          She gets to the town and goes to the bar that Scarth was always in if not on guard duty. He wasn’t a drunk but he worked bartend there on certain days.


          Eve walks in and it seems like the whole room is looking at her. Scarth sees her and runs over to her.


“I didn’t think you would come back” He touches her shoulder.


She flinches a bit, “Yeah I am. I just needed some time to think. Are you still willing to help me?”


“Yes, of course. I like you too much to allow you to lose your sister.”


Eve look into his brown eyes, “I think we need to have a long talk and be honest with everything.”


“Okay that sounds good.” Scarth smiles.


“I’ll start,” Eve looks down into the snow, “So I have only been on this earth for about two years, Alice isn’t my sister, more like a step mom. Both my real parents are dead. I think that’s the basics.”


Scarth looks at her but isn’t feeling weird about it. “Well, I have also been here for two years. I’m a pure blooded werewolf. My parents are separated in a way. But my father was hunted and killed last week. He was the leader of the wolves around here. And my mother is the leader of a separate group of wolves.”


“Wow.” Eve is shocked at all the information but it doesn’t make her feelings for him change. “What is the difference between pure blood and other werewolf?”


“We can control ourselves more when we turn. And can talk. Just stuff like that.”


“Oh okay.” Eve’s face looks stunned.


“Yeah it is pretty shocking. Are we okay? I don’t want to lose you. I know I shouldn’t lie but I didn’t know how to tell you.”


“Yeah, we are fine.” Eve walks over and hugs him. “I like you and it’s going to take more than that to make me change my feelings.” The two smile at each other.


Eve grabs his hand, “So what is the plan? I know you didn’t get to see the jail cell.”


“Nevermind on that. There is plan in place that my uncle is leading that apparently was going to happen before but now we can use it to our advantage.”


“What is that plan?”


“I really won’t know till tomorrow.”


“Okay. So what do we do now?”


“We just wait. Enjoy our last day here. Because tomorrow night we will some new place.”


Eve smiles, “Okay.”


Scarth leads Eve to the forest clearing and he lies in the snow. Eve goes down next to him.


“So can I tell you a little about my family history?” Scarth says in a nervous tone, “I haven’t told anyone it before.”


“Sure, I would love to hear it.” Eve smiles big.


“Well my sister, Keahi. She got her name from once when she was trapped in a forest fire, she just walked through it. Shes didn't get burnt or anything. It was really amazing.”


“That’s cool. I’ll have to meet her one day.”


“Of course you will have to.” Scarth smiles, “oh I have a favorite wolf story, it’s not one that belongs to my family per say but I owe this wolf my life.”


“Oh what is this story?”


“Well this wolf before he was a wolf saved me when I was a little guy from some zombies or vampires. Then like year later he visited my mother and needed to be turned into a wolf to save his little girl. It was nice story. Then when he was a wolf, he attacked loads of zombies and killed all of them.”


Eve lays there in shock, dad…


Eve gets up, “what happened to that wolf?”


Scarth looks at her strangely, “He was taken to our cave and locked up. My mother wanted to train him but he could never be trusted to help so after he recovered from all his wounds, he was tied up and locked in the back of the cave.”


Eve is silent. Then tears start to falls from her eyes.


Scarth gets up and looks at her, “what’s wrong?”


Eve looks at him, “That’s my dad.”




© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG this is very very good. You will continue this story or I will hunt you down and change you into a werewolf. And I say it in the sweetest way.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The story is very good. I like the characters and the storyline. I like how you extended the other part of this tale. Thank you for sharing the entertaining story. A excellent chapter. I hope there is more.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ohhh my gosh this is soo powerful I love it and you deffinantly need to post soon :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roe
This is even better! I can't wait to the next chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


Woah, twist you got there! I love it :) Interesting turn of events XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome! :) Can't wait to read more!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the connection you have with the Scarth and Eve's father.

Posted 12 Years Ago


good chapter, enjoyable read, some interesting turns. thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2012
Last Updated on April 2, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I lie. I lie.

A Poem by The old me