A Kid Just Like You

A Kid Just Like You

A Screenplay by Andrea L. Cox

A Kid Just Like You

 

Act 1: Scene 1:

Fade in-

 

Low ground close shot of older Mr. Norman's legs walking into a class room, eerie music plays in background.

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Black and white shot wide pan over a dead girls body, music continues to play. Camera shot lowers and tightens on Young Mr. Norman's shoes as he walks away, camera doesn't leave spot.

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Wide pan of empty classroom, only a few desks are in the room. Pan leads to white board, "Have a great summer kids!" is written on the bored with suns and flowers around it, Older Mr. Norman's back comes into shot erasing the board.

 

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Black and white shot, low ground angle swaying side to side as the blood stained legs of Young Mr. Norman comes towards the camera and walks out of shot. Beginning credits start to role

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Wide shot of teacher’s desk with a apple on it, credits continue to roll, eerie music starts to die out and camera shot gets tighter to the apple. Cameo of apple on desk; start to fade out Mr. Norman's hand grabs apple. BLACK OUT- The words A Kid Just Like You fades on to screen.

-Cut out

Act 1: Scene2:

Fade in-

 

Sounds of a heart beat in background, Camera wide angle shot running towards classroom door. Heavy breathing overlaps heart beat sounds, a hand out reaches for the door handle.

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Low upper angle shot of Chad panting out of breath; he slowly walks to desk looking around for Mr. Norman. Camera fallows Chad to desk with cameo shot, camera starts to widen out to show Chad's desk in the center of a group of other students, all girls. The four girls look at Chad and start to giggle and whisper. Chad slowly sinks into chair and pulls out a comic book to hide his face.

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Wide shot of the back of Mr. Norman's chair, it slowly turns around revealing Mr. Norman sitting in chair fingers entwined with each other. A Solemn look upon his face, he raises one eyebrow and gracefully stands up. Camera angle stays low to show Mr. Norman's stature, he walks towards Chad's desk.

 

-Mr. Norman-

(Continues to walk to Chad's desk, glaring at him the whole time, Camera tightens on Mr. Norman's eyes)

Chad..... Oh Chad, Chad, Chad...

-Chad-

(Camera flashes over to Chad's face, he gulps and slightly shakes)

Yes Mr. Norman?

(Mr. Norman slams his hands down onto Chad's desk, Chad winces from shock)

-Mr. Norman-

You're late! Again, you know what that means?

(Mr. Norman pauses and looks around the classroom)

One more and..... DETENTION!

-Cut out

Act 1: Scene 3:

Fade in-

 

Slow pan going across, Mr. Norman is writing on the board a math problem, everyone is in different outfits. Mr. Norman is mumbling to him self, there's light whispering in the background.

-Cut out

Fade in-

 

Wide pan over students in desk, slow zoom into Erin and Vanessa not doing there work. Cameo of both girls, Erin is braking pencils and throwing them out of camera shot. Camera shot widens out to show Chad being hit with the pencil pieces.

 

-Chad-

Hey! You know those pencil pieces are hitting me?!

-Vanessa-

(Scoffs and rolls eyes)

Did you know we don't care?

(Erin forces laugh and high fives Vanessa)

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Slow pan across Mr. Norman writing on the board again, turns around and scans the class room. Camera scans across classroom as well.

-Mr. Norman-

(Smacks the board with a pencil)

Now class, pay ATTENTION this will be on your test!

-Tiffany-

(Snaps gum and sticks up finger as if raising hand)

Mr. Norman, what test are you talking about?

(C***s head slightly and narrows eyes)

-Mr. Norman-

(Snap pencil in hand and throw it on the ground)

We've been talking about this test for about a month! If you weren't too busy with your airhead hair twirling you'd know about the test!!
-Tiffany-

(Scoffs lightly and looks away)

News to me.

(Rolls eyes again, turns to Hailey and begins to gossip)

-Mr. Norman-

Well that's why you're in summer school!

(Turns and continues to write on board)

-Tiffany-

For a sub you're very touchy.....

(Snaps gum and rolls eyes again)

-Mr. Norman-

(Turns around, grabs and rulers and slaps it down onto Tiffany's desk)

You ungrateful little.... Vile little.....

(Close up on Mr. Norman's mouth as he grits teeth)

DETENTION!

-Cut out

Act 1: Scene 4:

 

Black out-

In bold white lettering the words Detention #1 comes across screen. Fade in into shot of Tiffany sitting at her desk asleep, low cameo of Mr. Norman’s feet walking towards Tiffany’s desk, heavy foot steps are heard as quiet eerie music plays in the background. Camera slowly rises to show Tiffany’s shoulders camera tighten in on Tiffany sleeping goes into cameo of her.  He slowly walks behind Tiffany and sets hand on her shoulder. Tiffany’s body jerks upwards and she gasps.

-Mr. Norman-

I’m sorry did I wake you?

(Gleams evilly at her and walks to desk)

You know this is detention? And I don’t think that means you can sleep.

-Tiffany-

How would you know, you’re not even a real teacher.

(Giggles, and lays head back down onto desk, Camera goes to a low upward shot of Mr. Norman clenching his fists)

 

-Mr. Norman-

Well then, let me tell you a little “bedtime” story to help you out.

(Camera goes to a close up of Mr. Norman’s mouth)

It’s about a kid…. Just like you.

(Evil grin)

-Black out

Fade in-

 

(Black and white)Young Mr. Norman reading a superhero comic book, he’s smiling and slightly laughing at the comic book. Brittany comes into shot, cameo of her grinning at him.

-Brittany-

Hey there Norman….. Like what cha doing there?

(Smacking gum and twirling hair)

-Young Norman-

Uh… It’s a comic book.

(Blushes and looks away as his voice cracks)

Why?

-Brittany-

Well I just find them like so interesting, like you know?

(Derek comes into shot, camera angle widens to show all three of them)

-Derek-

Hey there Norman, talking to my girl here are you?

(Glares at Young Mr. Norman, rips comic book out of his and throws it on the ground)

Think twice before you do that again nerd.

-Brittany-

Gosh I’m like so glad you showed up, I mean like he was talking to me.

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Close up on Brittany hanging a poster up in the class room, camera leaves Brittany and travels to the door low upward shot of Young Mr. Norman entering the classroom with a ruler in his clenched hand blood dripping down the ruler. He slowly starts to walk towards Brittany and leaves shot. Camera scans the wall and stops on poster Brittany hung up, Brittany screams in background.

-Cut out

Cut in-

 

Tiffany’s head is lying on desk with blood dripping from her mouth and forehead, her eyes look straight at camera.

-Fade out

Act 2:   Scene 1:

Cut in-

 

Pan over classroom Tiffany isn’t in her desk; a slight whisper hums over the classroom. Hailey scans the class

 

© 2011 Andrea L. Cox


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
Added on February 11, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011

Author

Andrea L. Cox
Andrea L. Cox

Cape Coral, FL



About
I love art any kind of art, I love to write stories, but i feel my heart is more into poetry. I have been writing senses i could write words. I have been told my poetry is depressing, I don't normally.. more..

Writing
My one My one

A Poem by Andrea L. Cox