Dust

Dust

A Poem by Cristal Bridges
"

I wrote this only a moment ago. It's about an ever growing problem in our world. How are we so blind?

"

Hot sun beats down,

Upon cracked ground,

Thirsting for sweet rain.

 

Flower petals,

Drop like metal,

Onto searing plain.

 

Tall golden husks,

Are rotted dust,

No more thriving rows.

 

The clovers fled,

From dirty beds,

Shed their lucky clothes.

 

The penguins cry,

“Our land is dry!”

Bye-bye icy floats.

 

The moon that shined,

On world divine,

Sits up and she mopes.

 

No golden sand,

To girdle land,

No ocean to obey.

 

No fishes swim,

In briny brim,

Nor does seaweed sway.

 

The dirt it fussed,

With molten lust,

No more is it free.

 

If they could talk,

Then they would squawk,

“Why did you not see?”

 

Cristal Bridges 2010

© 2013 Cristal Bridges


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

First, your poem is lucid, effective, crisp, as sound as a seed planted in welcoming soil.

Second, the "can o' worms" your archetypal query opens is all-inclusive and requires profound recontextualization of all and everything in the so-called "civilized" world under a truly enacted banner of personal and collective integral intelligence.

"Money is a great servant, lousy master." Yet global governments remain in the pockets of global corporate capitalism. For instance, the U.S. government penalizing BP for the never-ending oil leak in the Gulf is, as usual, a long day late, and a dollar short. I wrote in print about getting off oil 30 years ago, and it was old news then. Cutting safety/cost corners and drilling miles down beneath the sea, teetering over the edge of tech competence and effing up the eco-system is all too typical of corporate capitalist arrogance (the legal definition of a corporation, established over a century ago gives it the status of personhood without the responsibilities; inherently sociopathic).

There are new breeds of corporations w/green conscience and a new handle on economics (we'll be watching poster child Google), and we need to get on w/actual intelligence in the world.

Personally, I work on the language front to extend the range of applied poetics in the world, so it's not merely nuance-in-exile. God and the devil are in the details.

Thanks for your fine poem and the massive cognitive-affective issue it catalyzes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


People choose not to see what they don't like... And everyone is so busy doing stupid unimportant things in life... I hope nature will find it's way to protect it self from all the harm we people do... I've lost my hope that people will all start worrying and make a change... This poem is nice and simple but so deep in the same time, makes you think... I like it! Good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


To what degree though are we led to believe that the earth is changing for the worse? Worries me a little!
This is a beautiful poem!
We will all awake one day to realise what we are doing - fingers crossed ey?
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think everyone sees it, notices the changes of our earth but as long as there is money to be made man will ignore it. Nice job and good write~

Posted 13 Years Ago


what a great poem it`s sounds like global warming issue it`s great your obviously talented in the poetry department I mean lol I like it good job

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wrote a poem like this back when I used to write poems.

This is infinitely better.

The dirt it fussed,
With molten lust,

Fantastic personification, it lends itself well to the piece.

I love your poetry.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2010
Last Updated on May 15, 2013

Author

Cristal Bridges
Cristal Bridges

WA



About
I've been away for about two years from this site and since then a lot has changed. I have moved to the other side of the country and I am with my future husband. :) My name is Cristal Bridges! I a.. more..

Writing
Hobo Hobo

A Poem by Cristal Bridges