A Peaceful Revolution

A Peaceful Revolution

A Story by Darkwolf
"

A very short story. Just a distopian story that I thought up.

"

We are getting slaughtered. And that’s the polite way to put it. This city is killing us. All of us. You see, we lost contact with other cities like this one over ten years ago. No one knows what is going on out there, and the city won't even spare a passing glance over The Wall to see what’s on the other side. “United We Stand, Divided We Fall.” Yes the old saying for this country now posted and said everywhere like we need to be reminded all the time. I used to walk these streets and I didn’t even notice what was going on around me, now I don’t understand.

Rules, even when we follow them we get mercilessly beaten and fined. They don’t understand human interaction anymore. They don’t get that human error is supposed to happen. But they just go on ‘adapting’ and ‘evolving’ us. The way that I look at it is that they want efficiency and money and its faster to get when every worker, every employer, every security personnel is a machine that is expensive, but then you don't need to pay it, feed it, take care of it, listen to it. Oh and every one of them are the same model so in Laden's terms same pieces, same problems, same fixes.

This neighborhood, hell this whole city used to be full of life and color. Now it looks like a wasteland, 'guarded' by these tin cans that can't tell if a shove is a playful gesture or a violent act. Needless to say they picked the latter and everyone stopped that behavior fast.

We stay silent, we have to for survival, no matter how badly our souls want to scream. No matter if we could, this damned wall is our muzzle. Supposedly to be here for protection from the outside. The ones that run this prison didn't tell the people who seeked asylum that when the gates close they stay closed. The wall has been here for so long that even our elders do not know what lies beyond it.

No more. I turned away one to many times. We are striking back. All of us. We planned this day for years to make sure it was perfect and we organize now.

We grab wood, metal, and bricks alike holding them with pride and courage and purpose. No one has a second thought and everyone knows the plan. It becomes evident that the 'overseers' know that we are coming and they know that we are coming for them. We can see the tower down the road and we see the defence, five rows of their beloved animatronic children. Standing shoulder to shoulder, statuesque, lifeless, slaves.

We as one start into a jog. They stand their ground. We as one release our battle cries. They stand their ground. We as one commence our plan.

Everyone stops a block away from the wall of metal and wires. We all turn and start into a sprint toward the wall. The soulless stand their ground. In minutes we reach the entrance with only two guards. I personally take one down while others deal with the other.

Only a few tried to force the wall open and failed. But we are many and with our hearts we break the locks and contort the metal to see blinding light come through. With no hesitation people start embracing the light and running wild through its warmth. With the last of us through I am the only one who stops and looks back.

I see the machines, they are charging, trying to stop us but they don't realize that they are too late. Turn my attention toward the top of the tower trying to imagine what they must be thinking up there.

I smile, we did it, I put my two fingers to my forehead and salute to them. No matter how you see this story we all got together because of them but now its our turn to be in charge of our own lives and with that thought I turn and run into the light with the rest of my family.

© 2014 Darkwolf


Author's Note

Darkwolf
Coments and conserns are always welcome. Just one of my many ideas on distopian societies and I got tired of the whole IT HAS TO BE ACTIONY take on it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on December 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 8, 2014
Tags: Distopian FirstPerson Revolution

Author

Darkwolf
Darkwolf

long valley, NJ



About
Not really a hard core writer, I have a lot of ideas in my mind some I still work with since middle school however I find it difficult to sometimes get words from my brain to my fingertips then on to .. more..

Writing
New Arival New Arival

A Chapter by Darkwolf


Morning Morning

A Chapter by Darkwolf