The Child in the Titalvave

The Child in the Titalvave

A Story by Darkwolf
"

A short story that isn't what it seems

"
So this is it? This is what the outside looks like. I didn’t know what I was expecting but I feel disappointed. I wanted to go outside before, but now I just feel tired. But I’m here now. I want to go to the river but it takes me longer, I can feel something off but my desire is greater than reality. No one is here which is odd because my friends are supposed to be here right now. oh well I was always the earlier one in our group. I strip down to my skivvies and went down to the bank. I set my feet down into the ice cool water and jumped back. It was never this cold before. Oh well, maybe I have to just jump in so I get used to it faster. I take a few steps back and put all of my force into jumping. I don’t go as far as I used to but the impact is the same. as soon I touched that water I panicked. I didn’t feel the cool refreshing ambrosia instead I was assaulted by a thousand tiny knives. I didn’t want to be there anymore. I wanted to go home to my mom and my family,  see my friends. Just then I remembered everything. I was the last one. My parents have long been gone, grown and died. Most of my friends didn’t make it far in their lives but the ones that did, I was beside them when they left. There was no one else except me, this old frail being. I try to get to the surface but there was only pain. I think I started crying, I couldn’t tell with the water all around me. The memories didn’t stop. Person after person, detail after detail I was overwhelmed with these emotions. Then I asked myself the most dreaded question. Did I do this on purpose? Would anyone blame me? This old sack of bones with no one left on this earth just wants to meet everyone he had befriended again? With that thought replaying in my mind I stop struggling. I stop feeling pain. I close my eyes and let the water around me carry me to wherever.

© 2014 Darkwolf


Author's Note

Darkwolf
An inquisitive reflective story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, this is lovely. Was really picturesque with all those descriptions; made me live the scene. Love the last bit especially. Very well written!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on December 10, 2014
Last Updated on December 10, 2014
Tags: Life, Twist, Reflection

Author

Darkwolf
Darkwolf

long valley, NJ



About
Not really a hard core writer, I have a lot of ideas in my mind some I still work with since middle school however I find it difficult to sometimes get words from my brain to my fingertips then on to .. more..

Writing
New Arival New Arival

A Chapter by Darkwolf


Morning Morning

A Chapter by Darkwolf