Unstoppable

Unstoppable

A Poem by James Darrow
"

Something I wrote during a break during a particularly bad day of work.

"
 You try to break me down. You try to destroy me. You try to stop me now. You try to corrode me.

 You try to break me down, you throw challenges in my way and bring the pain. As my body breaks, as I bleed, and as I bruise, my spirit shall not be broken. With every challenge you throw my way, I laugh and break through it.


 You try to destroy me, you tell me that what I wish can not be done and can not be achieved. As your words assails my ears, as I hear your voice in my mind, and as I weather your poison, my resolve will not be shaken. With every verse you spew at me, I shall shrug it off as water upon a stone.


 You try to stop me, you throw obstacles in my path. As you force me into action, as you tear me from the path of peace, and as you remove me from my comfort I will not be beaten. With every obstacle, a solution that I shall find and use against you.


 You try to corrode me, you wither my body. As you make me ill, as you force revulsion upon me, as you age me in body and soul, I shall not be defeated. I shall endure your pains and triumph.


 I look in the mirror and do you know what I see? I see a human. I see someone who can and will endure everything you throw at them. I see someone who can withstand any pain and any disgrace with pride. I see someone who’s resolve will never be shaken or broken and will always remain on the path.


 You try to break me down, you try to destroy me, you try to stop me, and you try to corrode me. I will break you down as I stand firm. I will destroy your confidence as I persist. I will stop your own victories as I achieve my own. I will corrode your resolve as I stand firm and unyielding.


 I am Human, while you are nothing. I am resolute, while you are weakening. I am unyielding, while you are ever more doubtful. I am unstoppable, while you are now the one who is broken.

© 2011 James Darrow


Author's Note

James Darrow
I wrote this during a particularly bad day at work, so it also wasn't one of my most refined things ever.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We sometimes forget we are human, makes more sense than we think at times to remember that :) We can have compassion and emotion...those that do not and ridicule or take their angst out on others...well...sometimes we have to voice it! And you have done perfectly!
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A wonderful write, sometimes people can be that mean and break someone down. But one must always look at the good things in life and keep his head held high, then the bad news won't be as destroying. A very good poem. Well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is all about strength of purpose

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We sometimes forget we are human, makes more sense than we think at times to remember that :) We can have compassion and emotion...those that do not and ridicule or take their angst out on others...well...sometimes we have to voice it! And you have done perfectly!
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lot of people try to stand in your way, sometimes, but it is very hard for them to accomplish, when they haven't a clue where you are going! A good thought-provoking write and excellent attitude regarding such people whom try to stand in your way!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this a lot. Very well written with all the meaningful words. Sorry your day was bad at work. Hopefully you have better days too! 100

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It doesnt need to be refind it was great and i enjoyed it

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: supportive unyielding unstoppabl

Author

James Darrow
James Darrow

Federal Way, WA



About
I'm a 21 year old guy living in Washington state who has a fancy for writing. Why? Well, I'm told I have an artistic mind and writing has been my most cathartic method of expression. Before writing,.. more..

Writing
Tempest Tempest

A Poem by James Darrow



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Isolation Isolation

A Poem by jhed