Our 15 Minutes of Fame

Our 15 Minutes of Fame

A Story by Eric Darsie
"

Can also be found at : http://vintagedarsie.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/our-15-minutes-of-fame/ A story about encountering Big Foot and the Wolf Man!

"

"Our 15 Minutes of Fame"


Let me tell you about a event that changed my life forever. It was a Saturday night of Labor Day weekend, right next door to the college I graduated from a year and a half before. I came back from a walk to unwind from a stressful week and seen one of my roommates sitting on the front porch. He waved at me and I went over to visit, since it's been several days since we last seen each other.


We exchanged stories of the week past, how it bothered the both of us and what we learned from it. We rejoiced in the successes and were sadden by the heartbreaks of our failures. After that, we discussed time and the metaphysics behind it. I graduated with a degree in philosophy and he was minoring in it. Before we headed in for the night, around 1 in morning, we started to talk about the paranormal, topics like UFOs, time travel, Big Foot, the Wolf Man, all that fun stuff.


The discussion went from fun to interesting when we discussed not believing that such “freaks” like the Wolf Man and Big Foot. There's the Patterson Film for Big Foot and eye-witness accounts for the Wolf Man but we hadn't found bodies of theses “freaks.”


We lost track of time with our discussion on the paranormal things, even the drunks went to bed before we did. We didn't care, until we looked to our left and see something odd walking by us.


Two hairy creatures walked by the side of our house, walking towards 5th Avenue, like they were in the middle of the woods and we were invading their space. I started to stand up and both of them spotted me, stopped in their tracks, dropped their cans in their front paws, and started to growl at me.


“Is that Sasquatch and the Wolf Man?” Andrew whispered to me.


I didn't want to move anymore but wanted to answer, so I whispered back, saying, “I believe so.”


Sasquatch and the Wolf Man started to move towards our house, growling even louder, enough that our neighbors started to come to their front porch to see what the noise was all about. Andrew backed up to the wall, trying to grab me to pull me inside, before I angered these two beast even more.


Before Andrew had any success, I put my arms in the air, moved them to the left and to the right, similar to the wave, yelling “Wooooooooo!” to those two beasts, trying to scare them off.


“What the heck are you doing?!?!?” Andrew angry whispered at me, trying to get me to stop my madness.


Wolf Man and Big Foot looked at each other, looked back at me, put their front paws up in the air, as much as they can, started to move it from left to right, and howled at me, having fun with me.


I started to laugh, in disbelief that I got two mysterious creatures to act goofy with me. Both of them ran off after about 75 seconds goofy-waving with me. Andrew and I went into our house and went to bed, thinking we both were that tired and were hallucinating.


My alarm went off at 9am for I can wake up and get ready for church, I had dozens of texts waiting for me to respond to. Friends and family were asking me about what they watched on the news that morning. Andrew and I didn't hallucinate. To our surprise, neighbors caught what happened on their phones and sent it to different news stations.


Knock! Knock! Knock! I looked at the time and it read “9:05am.” I got up, unlocked my door, opened it, and see Andrew. “It happened,” he said, face white as a ghost.


“I know, tons of people texted me, asking me about it,” I replied, rubbing sleep out of my eyes.


“What should we say if people ask what happened?” Andrew asked, still not believing what we seen last night actually happened.


I thought for a few seconds and replied, “Tell them what you seen. I'm planning on telling them what I did and the thoughts that I had while waving my arms in the air.”


“Okay, I'll let you get ready for church,” Andrew said before he walked down the stairs.


I went back to my room and grabbed my shaving cream, clean clothes, and my towel, and headed to the bathroom to shower. While shaving, I was trying to make sense of what happened the night before and how those beast went as long as they did without being found before being goofy with me. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't use logic to figure things out.


There'll be things in the world that doesn't make sense. Sorry!


the Dirty Dawg” Darsie


© 2012 Eric Darsie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It happened!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012
Tags: Big Foot, Wolf Man, SCSU, St Cloud

Author

Eric Darsie
Eric Darsie

St. Cloud, MN



About
I'm in love with Jesus Christ! more..

Writing