Abaddon

Abaddon

A Story by David Coombs
"

A story of a young boy with new powers.

"

Death and destruction that’s what the Apocalypse brought. From the nuclear war to the introduction of a new weapon of mass destruction called the Devastators. Huge Machines with devastating power able to catch a nuclear bomb and squeeze it and take the explosion and radiation. Invited by Dr. William T. Tucker in 2047. Designed to strike terror in the enemies of The Great Kingdom, the country that came after the end of the United States.  On December 21st, 2047 at 11:11pm the first explosion was heard, it was the beginning of The Great War. The war made the last two World Wars look like twelve year olds playing war in the backyard. The Great War lasted twenty-two years, and ended with only one nation left standing, The Great Kingdom.

                I live in the Great Kingdom. My name is Abaddon. The Great Kingdom is surrounded by a giant wall protected by the Devastators. I have never seen over those walls, only the twelve Kings have. The world has banned all guns except those carried by the high trained elite fighters known to the world as the White Knights. Regular people have to defend themselves with sticks and rocks. I lived a normal life at least until I was sixteen. On my sixteenth birthday is when all went to hell in a hand basket. I woke up early that morning and walked outside to look at the stars. While looking up I saw a girl jumping from building to building so gracefully. I rubbed my eyes and she was gone. ‘I must be seeing things’ I thought to myself.

                “What are you doing up?” A voice asked from behind me.

                “Oh, hey Michelle. I couldn’t sleep,” I responded.

                “You look like you’ve seen a ghost,” she said walking up to me.

                “Oh it’s nothing,” I told her.

                “Well, okay come inside. You’re going to catch a cold.” She said as she turned to the house. I looked up at the stars. That’s when I saw her again. This time I could tell she had snow white hair. She was wearing a trench coat and carrying some kind of weapon. She stopped on a building and looked down at me and smiled.

                “It is time,” She whispered. I could tell what she said even though she was far off.          

                “Time for what,” I yelled. She jumped off the building and disappeared. I went back inside and locked the door behind me.             

                A couple hours had pasted and I was still thinking about that girl. The sun was finally coming out.

                “HAPPY BIRTHDAY,” my mom yelled from my bedroom door. “How does it feel to be sixteen?”

                “The same as it did yesterday, I suppose,” I stated bluntly. “I’m going for a walk I’ll see you in a few hours.”

                “Okay dear, just don’t be late for your party tonight.” She told me. I left the house and started walking towards town square. When I got close I saw a Devastator standing guard at each access to town square.

                “What’s going on?” I asked a person sitting against the wall.

                “A murder.” He informed me.

“Do you know who was murdered?” I inquired.

                “Some diplomatic agent from a tribe just outside the city.” He responded. I got as close as I could. I looked and saw a body torn apart. I looked to the other side of the courtyard and saw the girl with the white hair. I turned around and ran to an alley that led around the courtyard. By the time I got to the other side she was gone. I started to ask around if anyone had seen her, but with my luck no one had until I asked this little girl.

                “I saw the girl,” she told me, “She ran down that alley and jumped up the fire escape.”

                “Sounds like her,” I said.

                “Then she jumped over the next building headed that way.” She pointed north.

                “Thanks” I said as I ran towards the way she pointed. I kept running until I ran up to the wall that stopped people from going to the outside world. ‘Crap I lost her.’ I thought to myself.

                “What are you doing here?” A man behind me asked.” Stick your hands up.”

                I slowly turned around and raised my hands. “I was following someone.” When I faced him I saw two Devastators and three soldiers all pointing a gun at me.

                “You have no business being here,” said another one of the soldiers. “Let’s teach you a lesson.” They cocked their guns and aimed down their sights.

                “No please!” I begged. I felt a tear run down my face. “Why am I so weak I am going to die a weakling with no say about it” I said to myself.

                “Do you want to have the power to stop the evil of this world and to save yourself?” I heard a girl voice say.

                “Yes!” I said.

                “Say it like you mean it!” the voice commanded.

“Yes!” I yelled.

“This kids a freak,” said one of the guards, “Let’s end his suffering.” All of a sudden a flash of light blinded everyone. I looked down and shielded my eyes. When all of a sudden I felt powerful. The light went away and slowly lifted my head. “Look at this eyes.”

“Oh my god, he has red eyes and his hair is white!” Another guard said scared. I started to laugh and smiled and said

“Die!” When all of a sudden I had a scythe appeared in my hands. I flew forward and sliced the guards and jumped up and sliced both Devastators straight down the middle and they split open and exploded. I landed back on the ground. The scythe disappeared. I heard a sound behind me. I turned around quickly.

“Welcome to your new life.” The girl with the white hair said. 

 “Who are you?!?” I demanded

“My name is Selna, but that’s not important. It’s more what am I. That would be you guardian Angel. Well more like a guardian demon, but those details are not important ether.” She answered.

“What do you want with me?” I asked.

“You are the one that called me, remember.” She responded.

“You’re the voice I heard before the light and…”I stopped and thought “What did I just do.” I looked down at my hands and saw the blood. I feel back to the ground. I started to feel tears running down my face.

“Grow up you baby.” She said as she slapped me, “You asked for it, remember.”

                “I ask for the power to save myself, not the power to kill those guards.” I stated.

                “My exact word were; Do you want to have the power to stop the evil of this world and to save yourself?” she continued, “and you said yes.”

                All of a sudden I felt this anger build in me. I smiled and looked down and said, “I did didn’t I.” I slowly looked up and said, “Die!” I summoned the scythe and flew forward. I broke the sound barrier as I flew at her. She gracefully move to the side and I flew forward and hit the wall. I pilled myself out of the wall and said, “How did you do that?”

                “You’re too weak to hurt me.” She said. She then disappeared I blinked and she was holding a blade to my neck. “Now listen up. I granted you power, but it is your responsibility to harness your bower and build it up. With The Harvester by your side you will rid the world of it evil and have the power to do anything you want. Even kill me if you choice, but you’ll have to get much stronger your attack was not even an ounce of the speed you have.”

                “Who is The Harvester?” I asked as I backed up and summoned the scythe.

                “That is The Harvester. Together you will purge this world.” Selna said. “Now your new life lesson is over. Time to start your history lesson. The Great War lasted twenty-two years. I’m sure you knew that. I bet you didn’t know why it started and how it started.”

                “I started with a nuclear bomb exploding in Europe. Italy to be exact. Now to answer the question about why it started I heard that there was an assassination attempt on one of the twelve Kings.” I said.

                “That’s half right the twelve Kings were involved, but they caused it. They launched the first missile. They did not however do it because one of them had an assassination attempt on his life. I fact there was no attempt the launched it so that they could own the last supply of Uranium. You see they need Uranium for their Devastators.” She informed me.

                “So what. Why does that affect me?” I said,

                “They have a plan now to kill everyone in The Great Kingdom and start over.” She continued “Think of Michelle, your mom, your dad, and everyone else you care about.”

                “How are little old me going to stop them.” I’m just one person”

                “Your right, but I have allies for you. Well at least I have ideas of allies for you.” She said with a smile.

                “Who?” I asked.                               

                “We are going to leave the city. It’s going to take all your strength so you might want to practice before we go.” She responded.

                “Where do I practice in the city?” I inquired.

                “How about I give you a task that will both give you practice and help our cause.” She continued, “I want you to follow me.” She jumped up to the top of a six story building. She gestured her finger telling me to come on. I mustered all the strength I thought I had, and jumped and over shot the top by another six stories.

                “WHOA!!” I yelled and started flaring my arms and legs as I started to fall.

                “Calm down and straighten your legs.” She ordered. I did what she said and landed in a kneel creating a crater in the building. “Learn to control your power or you will die. Before we go on this task let’s hone your speed so you can dodge anything.” She summoned two sharp katanas. She launch forward with incredible speed. She started to swing her blades. I dodged as much as I could. I got cut at least twenty times. I backed up and put my hand over one of the cuts and leaned over to catch my breath. I closed my eyes and started to concentrate. When I opened my eyes I could see her moments like they were in slow motion, but not only that I could see her move before she made it. I started to dodge better. I didn’t even get cut again. When she started to get anger I could feel her power and knew I won’t be able to dodge her next move, so I summoned The Harvester and sliced her blade straight down the middle binding it like a piece of rubber. I stopped the blade an inch from her face. She smiled and said, “You’re ready.”

                I smiled and The Harvester disappeared. I asked, “What’s the task.”

                “You’re going to steal twelve Devastators, all at the same time.”

                “How do you plan I do that,” I asked.

                “With this.” She held up a CD. “With this the Devastators will obey your verbal commands. All you have to do is insert the CD in the command tower due north of here.” She pointed of into the distance. “The trip won’t be easy. There are at least one hundred White Knights and six Devastator all armed to kill everything in sight.”   

                “Let me at them.” I smiled.

                “Have at it.” She gestured for me to go. I clinched my fist and jumped forward jumping from building to building that’s when I saw it the command tower. Floating above the ground. The White Knights and devastators all standing guard.

                “Let the fun begin.” I said to myself, “But wait do I go in guns blazing or suddle. Think, think, think.” I thought for a little bit. “Guns blazing it is.” I summoned The Harvester and prepared by closing my eyes and concentrating. I felt this fire build within me. “It’s time.” I jumped up high in the air and just stayed there. I yelled, “The purging has begun.” Everyone looked at me and one of the captains yelled fire. Everyone started to shot at me I dodged them like you would dodge a slap from a girl. “Compared to Selna your bullets are as slow as a snail.” I launched at them and cut through them like butter. I just kept flying towards the Command tower until I got at the base. That’s where to all the Devastators were standing with huge machine guns. They started firing but again a dodged easily. I cut them in different places so fast I they couldn’t even see me. Then I flew towards the command tower as they blow up behind me.  “To easy.”  When I got to the launch pad of the command tower I could for see a fast thing coming at me. I dodged left as fast as I could and still got my check cut.

                “Looks like a new toy for us to play with.” A small girl holding to hand blades.

                “Yes sister, maybe he won’t break as fast as our other toys.” Said a boy looking about twelve as he stood behind me carrying a Bardiche.

                “Who are you guys,” I asked as I jumped up to dodge one of his attacks.

                He grabbed my leg and slammed me down on the ground, “We are your death.”

                “How did you get your powers?” I asked as I summoned The Harvester.

                “What did you think you were special?” Asked the little girl as her and her bother started laughing. I closed my eyes and focused.

                “Are you going to let these kids kill you?” Selna smiled behind me and started laughing at me.

                “NO!” I yelled.

                “Then kill them,” She continued, “Remember the fire.” I stopped and thought and remembered the fire I felt build in me before I flew. I closed my eyes and clinched my fist and concentrated on increasing my power then I heard it.

                “Who dares to summon me?” A deep powerful voice said.

                “I did, but who are you?” I asked.

                “I am your protector. Release me and I will save you.” The voice said.

                “How do I do that,” I asked.

                “Simply ask me to protect you.” It responded.

                “Protect me!” I demanded. Then I heard evil laughter and felt the power building in me. I smiled and started laughing a deep evil laugh.

                “Sister what’s going on?” The brother asked.

                “I don’t know, but let us end it.” The sister answered. The brother launched forwards with incredible speed. I caught his blade with one both hands and smiled and looked in his eyes.

                “Sister, his eyes there pitch black.” The brother said as I snapped his weapon into pieces. HE went to run away and I grabbed his arm.

                “I am Abaddon!” I said as I lifted him by his arm and slammed him in to his sister. I summon The Harvester, but he didn’t look the same and he was on fire and it didn’t hurt me.      “Now die!”

                “NO WAIT!!” They both yelled. I stopped and inch from their faces.

                “Why shouldn’t I.” I asked.

                “We will join you as your slaves.” The sister said.

                “Fine but the moment you back cross me you’re died.” I said as I calmed down and my eyes went back red. “Selna, should I trust them. Could we use them?”

                “You’ll need all the allies you can get.” She said.

                “Fine, what are your names?” I asked the siblings.

                “My name is Cain I’m twelve. This is my sister Abel she is six. Together we are The Grim Reapers of the west.”

                “Nice to meet you Cain and Abel. So Selna when were you going to tell me there are other’s with the powers I have”” I asked.

                “I can’t tell you everything at once can I?” She said innocently.

                “Yeah, Yeah.” I stated.

                “So are you going to finish your task or not” Selna asked.

“Right,” I ran into the command tower and found the master command terminal and inserted the cd.

“Devastators ready for voice command,” The computer said.

“Follow my orders and no other voice,” I commanded.

“Order accepted,” the computer responded. I took the headset from the terminal.

“Computer acknowledge password 34569. Make that the password to drive the Devastators.” I ordered.

“Acknowledged.” Stated the computer. I went outside and asked Selna.

“What’s the next step?”

“Let’s all get in one and leave the city.” Selna responded

“We can’t they will kill us!!” Abel cried.

“Who can kill us?” I asked.

“The Shadow army.” Cain replied.

“Never heard of them. Forget them no one can stop us.” I bluntly exclaimed.

“Okay I warned you.” Cain and Abel stated at the same time. We all jumped into a Devastator and launched towards the front gate. When we got there we calmly walk right past all the guards.

“Stop!” A guard yelled right before we stepped outside the city. “What business do you have outside the village?” I stopped and thought then I remembered the Diplomatic Agent from earlier.

“We are taking the news about the murder of the Diplomatic Agent to his tribe.” I lied.

“Okay you may pass.” The guard stated. When we got out of the city and were out of sight of the gate we all got out of your devastators. I had them follow me.

                A couple hours later… “How much longer?!?” Abel whined.

                “We are almost there.” Selna proclaimed. We walked a little bit longer then we saw it. The city was in ruins but there were tents all over the place. “Welcome to the outland city of Nesul.”

                “What are we doing here demon?” asked Cain.

                “We are here for allies.” She responded. We walked into the city where we saw people starving and begging for food. We saw tents full of guns and supplies, but when we past the people would close the tents and hide them. We keep walking until we got to this monster of a man a good 6’9 with the width to match.

                “Look who we have here lads,” He said with a deep booming voice.

                “Nice to see you again Lester.” Selna stated.

                “You know her?” I asked.

                “Yes we do.” He continued, “This little one owns my man Thomas a new arm.” Thomas stood up and showed that he was missing an arm. 

                “What did you do” I asked Selna.

                “They challenged me to a dual,” she laughed, “And I won.”

“That’s not true,” Thomas yelled, “You cheated.”

“Did not, you just suck at fighting.” Selna laughed.

“You…” Thomas was interrupted.

“Enough!” Lester commanded.

“I agree,” I said. Lester walked up to me. I laughed, “What do you want ape.” He growled and put his hands together and slammed them down on my head. Smoke goes everywhere. Cain and Abel smiled, while everyone else gasped. When the smoke settled my arm was up blocking his attack, his hands were bleeding. I smiled, “Time to die!!” I summoned The Harvester but before I could slice Lester into pieces Selna grabbed my arm.

“No! We need him and his tribe,” she said.

“Fine,” I put The Harvester away, “How will these barbarians help us?”

“Lester will be the new King of the Great Kingdom!” She answered me.

“WHAT!!” Everyone stated.

“You heard me,” She said as she grabbed an apple and rubbed it against her shirt and took a huge bite out of it.

“You crack me up Selna,” Lester stated laughing.

“I’m serious and Abaddon will be your general of your army.”  She informed us.

“Why can’t I be king,” I asked.

“Because no one would follow you,” she stated bluntly.

“Well then why should I help?” I asked.

“Because they will all die without you.” Selna stated, “I’m sure you would not want that to happen,”

“Oh whatever I’ll help,” I stated, “I’ll help only because I don’t want the innocent to die.”

“Good,” Selna proclaimed.

“So what’s the plan,” I continued, “Know it all.”

“You are going to have to think of that one on your own,” She said looking behind her. “My time is up, Good bye my friends.”

“WHAT!?!” I said looking in the direction she looked. I saw a dark figure in the distance. I summoned The Harvester and stood in between it and her.

“What is that?” Lester yelled, “Battle stations!!”

“No, it is my time.” Selna said in a calm voice. The Harvester disappeared and everyone felt a calm come over them. “The figure you see is Death the Killer of Demons. Being a demon himself he is not affected by my powers. Now sleep” My body became heavy and I fell to my knees.  

“NO. NO. NO!!!!” I yelled. I fought my way back to my feet and summoned The Harvester. “I will stop this! You will not die not today.”

“There is no reason,” Selna stated.  The figure came into view it was a huge dark skinned guy with a leather coat and riding a motorcycle.

“That b*****d is going to die!!” I took a step forward and prepared to fight.

“No,” Selna calm spoke, “Be calm,” I became even heavier and fell back to my knees. Tears started pouring down my face.

“Please no!!” I pleaded. Death came speeding in with an evil smile on his face a slammed his sword into Selna’s heart. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” I became lighter. I summoned The Harvester as fast as possible and launched forward. I felt the power build in me. My eyes went black. “DIE YOU B*****D!!!” I sliced the arm, which was holding his blade, off. Then I sliced the other one off. “You are now going to die.”

“No please. I was just doing my job. Please no!!” He begged. I smiled the same smile he had when he stabbed Selna and cut his head off. My eyes went back to normal. I ran over to Selna lifeless body.

                “Wake up, wake up.” I order as I tried shaking her awake. Lester walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. With tears pouring down my face I stood up with her in my arms and carried her to the nearest tent then walked out of the tent and said, “Let’s respect her wishes. I will help you become King and I will be your General. Together we will make The Great Kingdom a democracy again like it was back when it was called the United States.”

                “If you wish.” Lester said. “We will make the arraignment for her. We will leave when you’re ready.”

                “I’m leaving now I’ll see you there.” My eyes turned black. I clinched my fist and launched up in the air and flew faster than sound to the gates of the city. “Screw being tactful.” I summoned The Harvester, but before I could charge Cain and Abel caught up to me.

                “We will go with you boss.” They both said at the same time.

                “One, two, three. Charge!” We all launched forwards and slaughtered everything in our way to the castle. We arrived in a matter of seconds.

                “Come out oh mighty kings!” I demanded. I felt a presents behind me and throw The Harvester at it and sliced the head of a middle aged man carrying a huge sword. “That the best you got.” Another jumped from the top of the castle and easily dodged it and spent the scythe so the blade was at my feet and I pulled it up into his stomach and sliced it all the way out.

                “Why have you come?” One of the kings asked.

                “I’ve come to kill you.” I informed the bluntly.

                “Why what have we done to you.” Another of the kings asked.

                “Nothing I just don’t like you and I want a democracy.” I stated as I jumped to the top of the castle where the kings where and in one slice cut them all in half.

                “We have won.” Cain and Abel cheered.  

© 2013 David Coombs


Author's Note

David Coombs
How do you like the story line. How could I make it better?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG, I absolutely loved this. It was so cool and I would totally a book about something like this! Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 23, 2013
Last Updated on June 23, 2013
Tags: Teen, Fantasy

Author

David Coombs
David Coombs

Jefferson, GA



About
I am a young writer trying to practice my skills. The best quality of my writing is the ideas. My grammar and spelling need help. I feel that comes with practice. more..