Conquest of a Planet

Conquest of a Planet

A Story by Dave K

Conquest of a Planet

    My beloved, The conquest goes well. Here, will be our new home, and we will live like the Gods. How can I describe the splendor of this place? The single sun shines on my palace, and blankets me with warm healing light. Each morning I stroll the castle grounds, and if fancy strikes, I hunt for game in the woods. I rule our kingdom from a spacious, silky throne. 

    The land surrounding the palace is green and fertile, well able to sustain the kingdom. The castle sits near a lake with sweeping views across pastoral lands. My subjects shower me with gifts as they bow in humble adoration and worship. I have commanded them to clear the land encompassing the palace. I must have room to hunt. They will learn that we are a predatory race. I love a good hunt. 

    Beloved, the beings here are are an inferior life form, and much training is required before they are fit to serve in the palace. They are hideous to view and awkward in their movements. I laugh to think that they cannot master simple mind to mind thought transfers. Imagine it, they speak to each other through vocal utterance! It is quite amusing to hear their feeble attempts to communicate with me. On several occasions I have attempted to send my commands through mind transfer, but the results are poor and unpredictable. However, with great effort, my will is made known, and my slaves obey. I fear that their minds are not sufficiently developed to "mind whisper" as we do. 

    I will attempt once more to communicate my wishes to a slave. "Boy! Bring your queen food! Now! I want fish, poached in a delicate sauce!" Alas, no recognition shows in their continence, but I am hopeful they will master this skill in time. I feel like chasing prey. I'm off on a hunt. Beloved, come soon to this place and bring our forces with you. There is room for all our people here. Love always from your mate and your queen.

     

     With an amused look, Bob called out to his wife "Honey, check this out. The cat is chasing its tail again. She cracks me up. She lies on the bed all day, its no wonder she has energy to spare. When I married you, I knew you had a cat, I just didn't realize it was a crazy cat." As he scrounged through the kitchen cupboards Bob asked "Hey, do we have any tuna. I think Trouble is hungry. That cat is aptly named, by the way. She is trouble!. Never mind, I found it."

     "Who are you and what have you done with my husband?" Mindy said. With a playful look, she covered one eye with her hand and gave her best imitation of Bob, on one of his tirades. "Ye won't be giving the likes of a cat, the dinner from my plate. I won't stand for it. It's mutiny I say. She's a cat, and cat food is what she'll have! Arrrggggg."

     "Very funny Hun. Shoot me, but I'm in a generous mood. It just seems like Trouble wants tuna. Hey, a cat needs fish! After I give this to her, I'm going to clear all the junk from the back pasture.", Bob said.

     "Wow, two miracles in one day. OK, sweet heart, if you want to clean the yard, you go do that. I''m not about to stop you, but what brought this on?” Mindy asked.

     "Yeah, it's crazy. I had the strangest dream the other night. I dreamt that our cat, wants the back pasture cleared of junk, so she can have a beautiful place to hunt mice. And, then, when I woke up suddenly, there was Trouble, staring me in the face. It was a little creepy. She is an odd cat. Remember the other night while we were kneeling by the bed, for nightly prayer? There she is, sitting on the bed in front of us, like the queen of Sheba. I swear that cat thinks it's royalty."

     "All cats think they're royalty. It's their defining trait.", Mindy said.

     As Bob headed out the door he called back "Baby, I'll call out for pizza tonight. Sound good?" 

     "Yes! Get it with anchovies!" Mindy said

     "You hate anchovies." Bob replied

     "Well tonight I want anchovies. It's a girl's prerogative to change her mind." was Mindy's reply.

     My powers grow, my love. I commanded my slaves to prepare my favorite dish, fish on flat bread with red sauce. My powers grow!  

© 2015 Dave K


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haha, there's so much truth to this! Cats surely are royalty and have a way of training their subjects :-) Style-wise I'd only suggest to break the first paragraph up into two or three to make it easier to read, but other than that I think this is a perfect, funny little gem of a story. Loved it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dave K

8 Years Ago

Thanks for your kind review. I appreciate your suggestion on how to make it better. I will fix this .. read more



Reviews

A very entertaining tale. Life simple actions teach us life is okay. I like the positive tone of the story. You create good visions and place for the reader. A very good ending to a excellent tale.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dave K

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your telling specific points of the story you liked. Have a comm.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree and you are welcome
Haha, there's so much truth to this! Cats surely are royalty and have a way of training their subjects :-) Style-wise I'd only suggest to break the first paragraph up into two or three to make it easier to read, but other than that I think this is a perfect, funny little gem of a story. Loved it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dave K

8 Years Ago

Thanks for your kind review. I appreciate your suggestion on how to make it better. I will fix this .. read more
This is really funny. My cats have ways of showing me what they want. Now I'll have to wonder if they're playing with my mind.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dave K

8 Years Ago

I was hoping fellow cat owners would see the humor in this. We have 3 cats and they all think they a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2015
Last Updated on September 6, 2015
Tags: Alien race, conquest

Author

Dave K
Dave K

Benson, UT



About
I love the outdoors, I like to hike and go camping and go for bike rides. I build and fly remote controlled planes, or I used to, before I started writing. I'm quite new to creative writing. I am very.. more..

Writing
Searching Searching

A Poem by Dave K



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Simplicity Simplicity

A Poem by Robert