Checkmate!

Checkmate!

A Poem by Samantha Altrosse
"

An abstract poem. Interpretation is left mostly to the reader.

"

Conflicting inner injuries

How much should I show you and how much do I want you to see

Tell me what you want from me

Or else

Checkmate!

Checkmate!

The facade is peeled off.

Checkmate!

Checkmate!

Forget that the so-called system was ever in play

Today's your really lucky day

I'll let you live so long as you live in dismay

Selective survival of those out of the way

Checkmate!

Checkmate!

Leave me now, and clean your slate.

© 2009 Samantha Altrosse


Author's Note

Samantha Altrosse
Feel free to add in your interpretations to your critiques.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A would be lover, remembering all the pains of the past, contemplating how much of her true self to share with this pending candidate, or whether to at all? Allowing fear to trump desire? Am I anywhere near your intended meaning?

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great piece of poetry here :) I dig how abstract this poem is. Usually you have someone writing poetry similar to all the other people around them... or fall into some sort of category. This is a most wonderful write you have. This poem seems to be something like a women bringing some man close to her and asking what he see's and what he wants. But as it progresses, the women pushes him away and brings him down. I like it :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really liked this; it's very different. My interpretation of this is that at first you want to tell someone all of your secrets and then instead of doing so, you somehow was able to get the other person to let their guard down. And towards the end you're dismissing them. I don't know if that's anywhere near what you were thinking, but that's what i got. lol nice piece. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

473 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2009

Author

Samantha Altrosse
Samantha Altrosse

AZ



About
I write about almost anything and everything, in almost every style imaginable. I am capable of writing journalistic articles, argumentative essays, research articles, poetry, reflections upon the nat.. more..

Writing