Deprivation

Deprivation

A Poem by Deandra Dawn
"

Take it how you want. I hate describing my poetry because I feel it is all up to your own interpretation. I don't want to tell you what you should think....

"
DEPRIVATION

An exudation of the spirit
upon radical fetishes
and placating a reborn indignation
perceptual outlines were drawn
tapering utter injustice
exerting imperative expression
upon pure vicissitude
the fortified walls
crumbling under broken reserve
the curtains of hope
held open by substantial perversion
purity and honor held their pasts
servitude fed their future
shame showered down around them
their lives now littered with notable punishment
deprived of life
yet
taunted with
death

© 2014 Deandra Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is something that can go into a lot of different directions. Some being war, politic change, social change, whats nice about it. This leaves the reader to thinker what ever comes to minds. Something that leave the door open, the person walking through, can assume where they want to be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
An amazing poem that makes one think about life and our roles in it. Are we less of a person for being submissive to someone else, or is that person submissive to us because we allow them to dominate us.

Posted 9 Years Ago


ron

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome. I can relate to this in ways most do not understand.
Deandra Dawn

9 Years Ago

Which is thanks within itself. If you know what I mean.
ron

9 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing yourself with us.
This is something that can go into a lot of different directions. Some being war, politic change, social change, whats nice about it. This leaves the reader to thinker what ever comes to minds. Something that leave the door open, the person walking through, can assume where they want to be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It reminds me of someone imprisoned within themselves... Either because they are punishing themselves, or society punished them. But it also reminded me of a prisoner in gaol as well -- innocent or guilty. "Purity and honor held their pasts / servitude fed their future..." That was the line that made me come to that conclusion. But you've written it with a wide opening and closing; that it could mean anything. Excellent piece for a mind to ponder on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this a lot. Sounds like it came from a deep dark place deep within the soul. Great work

Posted 12 Years Ago


You aren't far off at all...that is probably the best response I have gotten from this poem. You hit it right on for the most part. Submission and domination are a big thing in society today, anywhere you look. Always has been and always will be. No one will ever truly consider themselves equal to anyone else, yet on some level, a level most have yet to realize, we are all equal because death is the ending to it all. It's hard to explain, I still have to read through it a few times every time I talk about it because it is meant to make you think. I don't want it to be easy. Where's the fun in that? :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sorry for the delay in commenting on this one. It took a lot of re-reading to make sure I wasn't way off, which I probably will be anyway. :-)
What I took from this was a feeling of submission and domination, not in a sexual way, but of those who think themself superior with little or no thought for how it affects others.
The last few lines made me think of those unable to escape their situation.
No matter if I'm right or wrong, this really got me thinking, and that is always a good sign when reading someones work.
Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2014
Tags: poetry, dark, journal, deandra dawn, deep

Author

Deandra Dawn
Deandra Dawn

Orlando, FL



About
My name is Deandra Dawn and I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I also go by the name, Ravishing Raven, and I am currently reworking my website. What else is there to know when there .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Under the Rain Under the Rain

A Poem by Belle


Sugar rush... Sugar rush...

A Poem by Quill~