Memories

Memories

A Story by DeanoSohno
"

memories forgotten, memories remebered. memories make up alot of who we are good and bad the trick is not letting the bad overpower the good never doubt the power of a smile :D

"

My eyes squinted open they hadn’t focused yet but I could see a figure sitting at my bedside, they squeezed my hand caught the whispery words they spoke.

“Sorry honey I didn’t mean to wake you I only wanted to see you but you looked so peaceful I couldn’t disturb you once here”

My eyes adjusted to the dull light and regain focus from the dream world I had left behind, sat in front of me was a young women, perfect skin beautiful brown hair and emerald green eyes. Familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time she was no stranger but her appearance I did not recognise her words broke my trail of thought.

“I can see that you’re confused I do look a bit different to when you last saw me, you could say I look like this because I am here to remember, remember with you a time back many years, when you was a kid”

Her smile was calming to me made me feel relaxed but still my mind could not put face to name the words she spoke next brought memories flooding back,

“Summer 1992”

“I remember that summer, I had gone with my family on holiday I was barely 4 years old but I remember because it was a time where everything was perfect. Probably the last time everything was perfect with my family” had I just said that? To someone I barely knew, to this stranger at my bedside?

“No the memories after are not important, this summer is. That summer was full of love, of hope, it was the single most unforgettable moment and I need you to know that all of that was how it should have been it was never meant to change.”

“What do you mean how do you know what my summer was like? And how do you mean wasn’t meant to change? Who the hell are you?”

Ignoring my words she stood up and pulled open my curtains without looking back I heard her softly say

“I wanted you to remember that summer those emotions, I wanted you to try and not let what followed taint it, I want you to close your eyes and remember, remember that summer and all its emotions”

I sat there in stunned silence, not sure what to do I wanted to trust her words and close my eyes but there was confliction between my sense and belief I wanted to believe that who ever this lady was, was here to just simply remember or help me remember a good time in my life I wonder if my granddad had sent her I had been in a bad way recently it wasn’t that unbelievable that she was here. On the flip side my common told me to run for help.

“please kiddo, close your eyes”

This time I had no hesitation I closed my eyes tight and almost instantaneously powerful clear images burst into my mind. Laughter, smiles three of us me and my parents building sand castle on a beach of perfect sand, roller coaster rides and candy floss the images kept on coming fast and with no intention of stopping. Memories I had pushed aside forgotten I could feel the cold wetness of the tear rolling down my cheek and the smile that had formed on my face. The words came in a ghostly whisper I love you never forget that. I opened my eyes to find. Nothing. An empty room the curtains still drawn and the chair still moved from its usually resting position. My eyes darted around the room trying to find some reason to what was happening as I began to panic my eyes caught something on my bedside table, a photo of my family from the summer of 1992 all our smiles, how happy we were and….I stopped in shock there in front me I had now remembered the women in horror I placed the picture back laid back and pulled the covers up to my chin.

“I love you mom, I promise I will never forget.”

© 2012 DeanoSohno


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on January 5, 2012
Last Updated on January 5, 2012

Author

DeanoSohno
DeanoSohno

london, kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a type of person who when watching or reading likes to be seeing something not directly related to real life, the fictional side, what ones imagination can create, think up. non-fiction is enjoya.. more..

Writing
Falling Falling

A Poem by DeanoSohno