Lusus Naturae

Lusus Naturae

A Poem by DearSweetAgony

 As the wind screams inveigling murmurs to the swaying trees,
And the angry sky of blue and black birth forward a translucent eye of fury.
 The concurrent powers of wind and force strip the boughs of their leaves.
While this home of familiar faces is gradually being buried.
Falling trees and debris bend to the winds enthralling dance of rage.
While glass of once pellucid design shatters whatever stands in its reflection.
These homes that once dwelt in the most beautiful state of the halcyon days,
Must now face the realization of utter and complete annihilation.
Oh, how the night carried on with its morose breeze of destruction!
Equipped with the debris made up of our homes massive catastrophe!
Oh, the many lives that have fallen to this cruel and wicked miscreation--
On this day of somber horror-- on this day of pure calamity!
 
   Part II 
    Now  
And now silence fills the warm air with its vexatious presents, 
As the sky of once dark colors reverts back to its most riveting shades of blue.
The sun that was once dominated by the clouds now wears a smile of unyielding brilliance.
While the breezes that were responsible for the downfall of this small town softly blew.
And now the survivors come out to view the destruction that has been brought by the breeze.
That gently caresses their faces and blows their tears away from their cheeks.
Metal, wood, and broken glass rest in a pile, as sorrow hangs over us like a disease.
But life carries on, as our feet continue to move and our minds begin to cross the boundaries.
Boundaries, that kept us in the disconsolate state of A never-ending, horrid, nightmare.
But now we stand hand in hand- together making a chain of unbroken dreams and memories.
So that we may build new memories onto the grounds of the places that are beyond repair.
So that we know that we are not alone here-- so that we can put this behind us and live happily.

© 2012 DearSweetAgony


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow...I haven't read stuff of yours for a while, so maybe I've just forgotten, but have you always written this way? I feel like you've improved a lot from the last thing of yours I reviewed; your word choice seems more sophisticated.

Anyways, this is good. I like and can relate somewhat to this type of story, since I was stuck down in MS one year when there were really awful storms; you capture that atmosphere well. But you capture the feeling of the aftermath of the storm even better, and that's where the best writing is.

These were my favorite verses:

"And now the survivors come out to view the destruction that has been brought by the breeze.
That gently caresses their faces and blows their tears away from their cheeks.
Metal, wood, and broken glass rest in a pile, as sorrow hangs over us like a disease."

Beautiful. I sort of felt like some of the first part of the poem was a tad affected, but the second part flows more naturally. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Stoic piece. A rip-roaring ride through nature's fury.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your imagery and vocabulary are both brilliant in this write. Very well done. You never cease to impress me with your works. This is one of the best I've seen from you, keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


"As the wind screams inveigling murmurs to the swaying trees,
And the angry sky of blue and black birth forward a translucent eye of fury."

the intro grabbed my attention..and the following lines kept me
reading cause every part of this piece is simply STUNNING!!!


Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW This blew me away. It is such an immense and profound piece of writing. I loved it. Thanks for sharing

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roe
this such an awsome write!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, this is an absolutely stunning piece! Your vocabulary is fantastic, and your use of tone and imagery is superb. I really like how you did two parts to the poem; one part in the actual storm, and then the aftermath of it.

This piece had me completely riveted, and it left me breathless. Absolutely fantastic job, you're sure to win the contest. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2012
Last Updated on June 19, 2012


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..