Little Pieces

Little Pieces

A Story by DareToDream
"

Its basically a rant

"

“Love is a natural high”, but when you fall, damn, you fall hard. Did he make me happy? Yes. Did he make me a better person? If you would have asked me that then, I would have said, “yes of course!” with a beaming smile. Looking back now, not at all. His small manipulations were slowly peeling away at my soul, chipping away; molding me into what he wanted.

“Are you depressed?” they ask me. Not even close; I’m torn apart, there is a difference. I’m shattered, trying to just find all the little pieces, let alone put them back together. Will I be okay? Yes, eventually. Will I be whole again?

No.

Some of the little pieces I won’t be able to find, some of them I just won’t be able to repair. And of course there will always be that one piece that he took; he stole, that he will never give back. The place where that piece used to be will forever be empty.

I’m not sure how much time is gunna have to elapse before I can even consider giving my heart to someone again.

Am I the same person I was before I met him? I really hope not. I know that because of him I’m a lot wiser. I’m not sure if I’m stronger yet, maybe in the long run I will be.

“Are you okay?” You may ask.

No, I’m not okay.

But I’m really trying to put the pieces back together. I know that one day I’ll wake up and I won’t hurt as much; I won’t feel as empty. Only time can heal a broken heart.

© 2010 DareToDream


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love teaches us we are human. Can know pleasure and pain within the same sentence. I like this chapter. Took us slow and easy to your story. I like the description and the ending. A very good first chapter.
coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can really feel your emotion. I love that "No" on its own after the "Will I be okay? Yes, eventually. Will I be whole again?" My favorite bit and so true. I actually really love this write. Its just simply AWESOME! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great story/ poem. Excellent expression and emotion. The little 'discussions' we have with ourselves trying to cope with a broken relationship. Time is the only answer, maybe.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is beautiful. great job, i love your idea of a broken heart and is true, only time can heal a broken heart..but it also take courage, the courage of moving on...I love it..Keep on writing sweety :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2010
Last Updated on April 20, 2010

Author

DareToDream
DareToDream

IL



About
what can I say, I'm a writer. thats about all you need to know. If you're a writer yourself, you should understand : p I'm 18 years old and Im addicted to this site. if you want me to review your work.. more..

Writing
hookup hookup

A Poem by DareToDream



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love And Lust Love And Lust

A Poem by Manda